Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
lithian Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just mounted an Aimpoint T1 on my M4-gery with new Daniel Defense mount. Bought it from a guy local, $585 for the whole setup.
Picked up a M-68 last week for $300 last week and mounted it on my heavy barreled rifle. It's a little rough on the outside, but seems to work well.
Going to range on saturday to sight them in and run some drills. Will report on how they work out after!

NRA Life Member
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bet you'll love em. Midway has the T1's on sale right now for $645.00, mounts extra... you done good.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's a bargain for the T1.....nice snag!!

I just just picked up an Aimpoint H1 for $455/shipped but still need a mount. I'm thinking the the LaRue LT751 would be the way to go so if anyone has some input on these or a suggestion on where to pick up the mount - I'm all ears!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi lithian,

If you're not used to Aimpoint first think to use it both eyes open: they are made for. In France and Europe we mostly use Aimpoints for driven hunt where game is shot on the run, distances can be from 0 to more than a 100 meters. The Aimpoint sights are really kings at that game. in 10 years i've downed more than 100 games with it on heavy recoiling or semi auto rifles: they stand well. For shooting steel with M4 they will be fantastic.
[Linked Image] This Aimpoint 9000 has more than 2000 rounds of 35 Whelen, 9,3x62, 338Fed, 300WM in 5 years without a hitch. Battery was never changed
[Linked Image] A big real wild boar shot with HI (same as T1) with 9,3x62 semi auto. Sorry no AR pictures in computer. Friend of me use 9000 on Ruger Redhawk 454.
You will be well served.

Regards from other side of the pond
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nebraska, I use the LT660 for my H1. I just threw away a KZ mount last week while cleaning out some boxes. I like the taller mount for a lower 1/3rd co-witness and the 660 just looks more robust to me but it's probably not any different, knowing Mark and crew.
[Linked Image]

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks TWR....

Originally Posted by Marseille

Regards from other side of the pond
Dom

Nice pics Dom.....I bet those drives are a hoot! Regards to you - Jeff

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nebraska,

I'll second the LT660. I use one with my T1 and it's great. It does two things, it raises the optic to a much more usable hieght in my opinion, and it puts it at the height you want if you ever want to mount a magnifier behind it in the LaRue pivot mount. With enough rail space, thje magnifier will sit above most BUIS in the down position.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nice pics Marseille! We do dog drives here in the southern U.S. Those red dots are the ticket on shotgun or rifle for running game. Turkey woods too!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought long and hard about the H1.. but I ended up going with a Vortex SPARC: http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-sparc-red-dot-scope I realize the bettery life is nothing like the aimpoint, but neither is the cost.

It came with the mounts I needed. (3 heights I think..) I have several hundred rounds under mine. Not a long test I know, so I'll report back after a couple thousand and a battery change.

I got it shipped to my house for 180. It would take me over 30 years of buying batteries to make up the difference in cost. And for me, it allowed me to move that money towards getting that nickel boron bolt i'd had my eye on..

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had a SPARC..actually, had two of them, destroyed them both. Really soured me on Vortex as a whole, although their warranty was pretty easy to deal with.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You mean there's more to it than battery life? wink

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
How did you destroy two Sparcs?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, there you go. I haven't had any issues yet. But like i said, I'm no expert. I have some rolling around to do, and then I'll decide if my choice made sense.

I agree, how did that (destruction of two SPARCs) go down? There is only more to it than battery life if you're playing GI Joe. (Or Cobra..)

Last edited by Skivvy; 08/25/11.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one" -Geffray Mynshul
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Or actualy getting something for your money...

Pardon me while I go call in an air strike. smile

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you mean a red-dot AND a BCG for $350, then I agree.

Now if my SPARC implodes like the two mentioned above, then the H1 is on my short list. (..and I'll be eating my words.) But that remains to be seen.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I hope it works for you, I really do. I just haven't been that lucky and since I spend the same amount on a scope as I did the Aimpoints I've owned, I figure why not.

I just quit buying cheap products of any kind.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks. And I agree with you. Cheap products have caused me quite a few headaches recently. (EX: Burris 20-60x60) But I'm banking on a few things in hopes that Vortex knew what they were doing.

However this goes, I have purchased my last cheap product. (Either it works just fine, or I'll pick up an H1.)

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by oktec60
How did you destroy two Sparcs?

One was during SRT (SWAT) training, going over a 6ft wall, come up to fire, and no dot. Switch to irons, finish the shot string, and inspect the gun. The control module, where the buttons are, has ripped completely free of the sight, and was dangling by a wire. Shop where I bought it called Vortex, they said no problem, replace it.

The replacement sight was obtained and mounted. I went to sight it in, and found it has absolutely zero elevation adjustment. No matter how many times I cranked the elevation turret, the dot not move. This time, it went back to the shop, where I traded it for an EoTech XPS, which I later traded for an Aimpoint Comp ML2. This whole process started when my twenty year old hand me down Aimpoint CompM bit the dust. I knew better than to try to save money, and I was right.

I guess I destroyed one, and got one pre-broke. I wish Vortex would have skipped the fancy rubber control module, and went with a tried and true knob. That, in my opinion, is the weak point of the sight. If they would do away with the soft buttons for a twist know, I would like to have another two or three for various guns.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have taken this to heart. The next time I'm leaping from a tall building, with my AR in tow, I'll be sure to drop it on the opposite side of the housing from the control. smile

Last edited by Skivvy; 08/26/11.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,277
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.