Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bigbuck, tell me how it shoots...then we'll talk wink

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I believe you can ship to California as an individual easier than a FFL dealer can. I did it once, I hope I didn't break any laws...

Yep, from private party to FFL holder in CA is no different than to any other state.

Only a transfer from an FFL to an FFL in CA needs whatever that extra CA paperwork is.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yes, with a Caveat.

There are few California Dealers who accept from an individual, I have 2 lined up and have used them both.

Other FFL dealers in Ca refuse to receive firearms to transfer from out of state, I believe their ploy is that they make more money off new guns than used transfers, although some charge $150 to "hold" the firearm, plus the normal $35 DROS fee. My dealers charge half that, but I am currently getting the "Volume discount" from my favorite dealer...lol

Although, I believe Pre 64 model 70's can be sold/ shipped to Curio and Relic dealers, too bad I'm broke.

Allen

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW

g

I'll make up a good story. Just how well do you want it to shoot? smile

I will guarantee A one hole group at three hundred yards each shot.

Good enough? whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by jryoung
My FFL only requires a copy of a DL from the seller. If coming from an FFL he needs a copy of their FFL.

So you gonna buy my gun? smile

Depends, do you take good looks, charm and a self deprecating humor as a form of payment?

I'd be all over it if divorce wouldn't cost my 10x as much.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My FFL only requires a copy of a DL from the seller. If coming from an FFL he needs a copy of their FFL.

So you gonna buy my gun? smile

Depends, do you take good looks, charm and a self deprecating humor as a form of payment?

I'd be all over it if divorce wouldn't cost my 10x as much.

I never did have one of them divorce thangs but know they are expensive so tell me which is best; a brand new pre 64 Winchester or a divorce??

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

g

I'll make up a good story. Just how well do you want it to shoot? smile

I will guarantee A one hole group at three hundred yards each shot.

Good enough? whistle

I think you're on to me smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Private individual can ship a rifle to an FFL holder no differently than any other state.

It's not a whole lot more work for an FFL dealer to do it either, most just choose not to.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cal74
Private individual can ship a rifle to an FFL holder no differently than any other state.

It's not a whole lot more work for an FFL dealer to do it either, most just choose not to.

So all I need now is a buyer, huh.

C'mon, you California guys!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

g

I'M all for that too. Then afterwards we can ding him on the price since it won't be in "unfired" condition anymore grin wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

g

I'M all for that too. Then afterwards we can ding him on the price since it won't be in "unfired" condition anymore grin wink

Har! Ahm on to ya'll as thissn sure ain't mah first dog and pony show. Meanin' that my Momma didn't raise no fools. smirk

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
PM sent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All that bitching and not a single Californian even wants the thing....

Nice rifle BB. Good luck with your sale.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, man.

Yeah, I thunk that by now them boys from Kalif would be fightin' over whoose gonna git it. Maybe they decided that I was just too willing.

When you coming down this way? I'm gettin' thirsty.

Ivan

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't know? I wanted to run that Governors Cup but I couldn't make it. Then I was kicking around doing some backpacking in the Beartooths this weekend but I decided I'm not ready to see snow just yet.

So I'm going scouting all weekend for mulies. I would bet I make it down there next summer though. grin

Drive up here for gophers next spring.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a pretty good plan, Travis. Spring might be a while in getting here this time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Back to the top for the late comers.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good looking rifle! Where did you find it?

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I happened on to it at a gun shop in Cody.

Hope somebody buys it pretty soon as I'm about to yield to temptation and go shoot it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
BB,

When you are ready, I know of a couple of benches where you can shoot! Let me know, as I would like to see this happen. Fat chance!

M Bell

Last edited by Ten_Sleep; 10/07/11.

"You are so equipment conscious...you carry heavy millimeter cannon with you into the field. The American's sense of sportmanship is equated with his ability to master the sport with his purchases, not his skill." --Scottish author unknown--
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (1Longbow, 1234, 257man, 06hunter59, 160user, 219DW, 49 invisible), 1,777 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,210
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.