Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Since the release of the new Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD lens, I have become more and more comfortable carrying just that one lens for most of my work, especially landscape work. On recent trips to Maine and Wyoming, I used the Tamron 18-270mm VC PZD the large majority of the time. I love the newer compact design, lightweight and faster focusing features of the lens. The lens however maintains the sharpness and quality that made the prior version famous.

Let�s do a quick review of some of the features: It is a Di lens design and optimized for the APS-C sensors. It utilizes Tamron�s VC technology which allows the photographer to handhold the camera in lower light situations. The new PZD motor reduces the weight and bulk of the lens making it easier to carry everyday, but also speeds up the autofocus while making the focusing much quieter. The lens is an LD lens which results in increased sharpness by reducing chromatic aberrations. The lens is ASL, Tamron�s Hybrid Aspherical Elements which increase edge to edge sharpness while making the lens more compact too. The lens is also an internal focus lens, which for a landscape photographer that uses circular polarizers often, makes my job easier because I am not having to readjust the filter as I zoom in and out for the perfect composition. The lens also has a zoom lock feature which allows you to lock the lens in a compact mode to carry it easier.

For those folks wanting to lighten what they are carrying in their bag or wanting to get that perfect all-in-one lens now is your chance to save some big money too. Starting today, October 7, 2011 and continuing through October 19, 2011, Tamron is offering a special $75 mail in rebate on the lens! In addition to the mail in rebate, the great folks at Camera Land (Doug and Joel) are going to through in a V case which will hold a camera body with that lens attached too! This is the perfect set up to travel around and carry one lens while still protecting it with a singular case. Make sure you mention that you saw this post on 24 Hour Campfire when you call Camera Land to get the bonus case.

A Barn on Mormon Row. 23mm, f11, 1/250th second, ISO 200

[Linked Image]

Sunrise at the Snake River Overlook, handheld, 23mm, f8, 1/100th second, ISO 400

[Linked Image]

Sunbeams on Antelope Flats. 50mm, f11, 1/800th of a second, ISO 200

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
A few more with the 18-270mm VC PZD from my trip to Maine recently.

Sunrise on Wass Island

[Linked Image]

The West Quoddy Lighthouse near Lubec, Maine.

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.
R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You're going to too many nice places!

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I will be down your way in about 5 weeks!

R
Ron Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Let me know when you're coming!

Capt Ron

Magnolia Bluff, FL..............Where Heaven is a local call!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I will. As of now I arrive either the 9th or 10th of November.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Don't forget, the $75 mail in rebate ends in a week!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.