-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope innocent finds are left alone as they should be, God knows I would have strapped that to my pack and left for home, but also might have sold that to the outfitter for 600. Have found some stuff nothing fantastic or terribly interesting, a chunk of a canoe 8 miles from where a tornado went through. What I've been meaning to find is some empty casings from the deer I shot when I was a kid off "the log". I know there to be at least 15-20 of them laying there from the years I sat there as a kid through 20 something. Need to borrow a metal detector and see how many I can find.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found 24 pot plants in buckets when I was a chap.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I found 24 pot plants in buckets when I was a chap.
How many trips did it take to load them all in your truck? smile

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
before sun-up one morning back around 1964 or so, while dad and i were driving to our favorite quail hunting spot, we found a guy very dead (messed up if you get my drift) in the road. he had been hit by a car we believe. just laying there on the edge of the highway. another car came by, we told them, they went to the nearest town for the law, law came, we told them what we found, they took dads statement and let us go on hunting. when we came back through later that afternoon, one couldn't tell anything had happened at that particular spot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kawi
Fore me a rifle grown into a tree.Kawi

That actually happened to a friend of mine while we were hunting mule deer in Northwestern Utah. He found the remains of an old Winchester 1873 rifle that had been left leaning in the crotch of a pinion pine tree about a half mile from the old Kelton to Boise trail. All of the wood was gone, but the metal parts were rusty, but still there. He took a chainsaw and cut the section of the tree with the rifle out. Last I heard, he still had it in his den.

I wish the rifle could tell it's story. Not many people would have walked off and left their rifle in the late 1800's. The Kelton to Boise stage line was one of the most dangerous/often "held-up" stage lines in the West. I have often wondered if the owner's bones are in the dirt near that old tree......

Chet

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I came across the remains of an elk camp in the Sangre de Cristos about a month ago.
I found this original artwork on a toilet seat painted by some hunter.
[Linked Image]

I've found at least 4 nice knives (lost one of my own).

I always like finding arrowheads on game trails or crossings. Can't help but think about the guy's hunt that happened there decades or centuries before.

Found the remains of Kit Carson's cabin up behind the Sand Dunes. It's location is documented but it isn't well known.

Found a hollow spot in a mountain up near Silverton. When I kick the ground there it makes a low DOOOOOOONG kind of reverb sound and the ground vibrates. I always said I'd go back with a shovel and pick someday. Never did.

I've found an assortment of duck and goose decoys while waterfowl hunting. My spread looks like one from every brand now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ahmmm how do i say this tactfully. i found a battery operated adult" massager" about 5 miles form a maintained road in the owyhee mts. of idaho. it even had been shot as well. very bizzare

Last edited by bluegillman; 10/18/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bluegillman
ahmmm how do i say this tactfully. i found a battery operated adult" massager" about 5 miles form a maintained road in the owyhee mts. of idaho. it even had been shot as well. very bizzare

Maybe someone was unhappy with the performance of the device. grin

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bluegillman,
maybe it was shot by a gelious boy friend!!!!
Bob

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bluegillman
ahmmm how do i say this tactfully. i found a battery operated adult" massager" about 5 miles form a maintained road in the owyhee mts. of idaho.

Keeping in mind the topics on the 'Fire, I have to ask...

Was it a large bore or small bore?

John

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Found a nearly intact, old Bushman pot when in Africa. Pity I could not bring it back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by BareBack_Jack
Found a 30-06 and 7mm mag rifle proped on a fence post.

[bleep] aliens, they can beam up a hunter and exclude the weapon in the beam transfer.

ND,
I don't think it was aliens.I yhink it was someones that were not to be hunting there.Drag marks under the fence to the road.Thinking they shot from the road ,chased,got it and left in a hurry.
BBJ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Besides the usual arrowheads, fossils, skulls, etc.

Otis cleaning kit, wool hat, a pair of womens underwear hanging on a branch, turret cap for a scope, a banded bald eagle carcus, the bayonet of a Vietnam era m16 stuck in a tree holding some kind of cloth with writting too faded to read. It had been there quite awhile.

Wierdest, about a mile back on State WMA land was a working oscilloscope, with all the chords and manual, leaning against a tree. No trails, waterways, or obvious entry points to be seen.

What pi##ed me off the most was the two crushed cigarette butts in the platform of my treestand on private land a couple years ago.

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ahh, in that case it serves em right for losing their rifles.

Something clever here.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Knives are my most common find. I have found cameras, a pair of Zeiss Classic binos (I knew who they belonged to and promptly returned them) and two years ago I found an australian shepard. I was quite a ways in, away from any roads, and the dog came to our camp. She was pretty hungry but was well behaved and stayed in camp while we were out hunting. I did manage to locate her owner by calling all of the nearest vets.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Found my ding dong, fished it out past my boxers, my long johns, my blue jeans, my bib overalls and my parka.

All stretched out like a wrung chicken neck, I
used it to pee on my left boot and a little on my knee.

Same here, only I wrote my name in the snow. I still love doin' that. laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
While hunting a dark timber ridge later named �chit magnet ridge� I found a tube sock on the ground.

I was having a good laugh once I got past the yuck factor that some poor hunter had an emergency call of the wild which resulted in him using his sock to wipe his azz with.

Well, I made it maybe 10 feet past the discarded sock when a force like none other overtook my lower digestive system. it came on as suddenly as a lightning strike and there was no question that not another step would be taken. My colon said "Drop trou, right now."

I did as commanded and narrowly escaped further difficulties.

My underwear were surrendered for the same fate the tube sock suffered.

Many hours later at spike camp we found ourselves huddled in a small nylon tent that was building an outer layer of ice from freezing rain.

Inside the freezing dome of misery was my dad, my step brother and myself.

As we were peeling off cold wet clothes I volunteered my story of the tube sock on the ridge followed by my own emergency call of nature.

I was joking about the poor SOB that had to give up a sock and walk bare foot in his boot all day.

Just then, my step brother removed his boots.

There he sat, one sock on, one sock gone... with a sheepish grin on his face.

grin

He said the same thing, no warning at all just an emergency bowel evacuation as he passed through that spot.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like you may want to avoid that area in the future. Or at least be better equipped. laugh

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I walk around that area now.

It would be a good place to go to if you were constipated i suppose.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I found an early 1900's (can't remember the date) silver dollar when antelope hunting with my 7 year old.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,304
Posts18,526,023
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.