Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gorskij: Shirley YOU jest!
Your argument is not convincing to me!
The Imperial (now Redding?) is the best case lube I have used in the last 52 years!
I won't be changing any time soon - I am, certain of that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

HR IC

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dis is what we use in da islands

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hornady's Unique lube is indistinguishable from Mink Oil boot paste. I won't go so far as to say they are one and the same - but they even taste alike, LOL! The Unique tub says it can be used on leather. Kinda odd for a case lube, no? (And, no; there is no actual mink oil in Mink Oil.)

There are many things you can use as an expedient case lube. But it's like driving a nail with a rock: you'd MUCH rather use the right tool. I've used Unique and like it, but I much prefer Imperial.

I recall reading that they were very similar products, so went looking once upon a time many years ago when I needed resizing lube and Walmart was my only walking distance source. They didn't have the Mink Oil paste like the Hornady stuff, but I found Kiwi 'Mink Oil' which looked and felt a lot like Imperial. I've never been able to tell it apart from the latter. Life is good.

Anyone every use Rooster Labs case forming lube? It's a sticky, red substance; gnarly stuff, but works well.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here's the tin of Imperial I bought eight or ten years ago. It's the only lube I've used since then. I have no idea how many thousands of cases I've lubed with it. I even use a whisper of it on handgun brass to be sized in carbide dies - which makes the press ram move as though there's nothing in the shellholder at all. At this rate, that one tin will outlast me.

[Linked Image]

Hmmmm, my Turtle wax looks eerily close to some other product out there, could it be.....................?
[Linked Image]

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gorskij: Shirley YOU jest!
Your argument is not convincing to me!
The Imperial (now Redding?) is the best case lube I have used in the last 52 years!
I won't be changing any time soon - I am, certain of that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, the schitt does work very well...........
http://youtu.be/0A5t5_O8hdA

Last edited by gorskij; 11/02/11.
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here's the tin of Imperial I bought eight or ten years ago. It's the only lube I've used since then. I have no idea how many thousands of cases I've lubed with it. I even use a whisper of it on handgun brass to be sized in carbide dies - which makes the press ram move as though there's nothing in the shellholder at all. At this rate, that one tin will outlast me.

[Linked Image]

same for me you have to wonder how they stay in business. I have two cans I got free at the Shot show years ago when it was in Atlanta...(70s?)

One is un-opened and the other still going strong..

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have always used the RCBS lube on a pad but keep hearing all this talk about Imperial Wax. How do you use it? Do you rub it on your hands, put it on a rag, or use some other method? Does the residue come off easily? My system works just fine, but I am always looking for a better way.

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I get a little on my finger tips and rub it on the neck of the case and brush my fingers over the case mouth for the expander ball.

Wipe it off or tumble in walnut shells to get it off the case.

That being said I only use it when I have just a few cases. Hornaday One Shot is the way to go most of the time.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The single criteria we need from a case lube is good film strength. Lots of things can do that, wax and soaps are two of the best; Imperial is a wax and works well. So does the cheap wax toilet sealing rings sold in any hardware/building supply store.

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Now Hornady has their version of Imperial, or it should be pretty much the same product. Retail, $10.33, OUCH!!!
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Notropis
I have always used the RCBS lube on a pad but keep hearing all this talk about Imperial Wax. How do you use it? Do you rub it on your hands, put it on a rag, or use some other method? Does the residue come off easily? My system works just fine, but I am always looking for a better way.

I rub a dab onto and into a foam case pad with my fingertips, the warmth of your fingers will soften it and it will absorb into the pad. Re-lube the pad when needed. Never had a problem wiping the cases after sizing with a paper towel to remove any left over lube.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gorskij
I used this today to resize some of my cases. Worked as well as the Hornady Unique I just bought.
[Linked Image]

That's funny... I use Obenhauf's to size .308 to .358. Works great!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 14,986 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,330
Posts18,546,046
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.