Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I used this today to resize some of my cases. Worked as well as the Hornady Unique I just bought.
[Linked Image]

HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And they'll be water repelant.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like the can. :o)

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lastround
And they'll be water repelant.

Yup, the cases that I used Unique on are, too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've used crisco, butter, margerine, vegetable oil, gun oil wipes, almost anything oily/greasy works. I've heard of guys using STP and motor oil. bear grease would probably work too.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use Amzoils version of WD40, and an old camping frying pan to lube my cases... hangs from the reload bench on a peg when not in use.. the excess drips down onto an old piece of rug sample when not in use..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I use Amzoils version of WD40, and an old camping frying pan to lube my cases... hangs from the reload bench on a peg when not in use.. the excess drips down onto an old piece of rug sample when not in use..

double post due to the server for 24 Hr is evidently having problems..

Last edited by Seafire; 10/27/11. Reason: 24 HR has server problems..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
lol, one time, I forgot to get a new tub of unique resizing lube and when I ran out, resorted to olive oil. It worked just fine on my .300 WSM, even the nickeled cases. I always keep a fresh tub of unique on hand, but I know that just in case, I can still reload.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hornady's Unique lube is indistinguishable from Mink Oil boot paste. I won't go so far as to say they are one and the same - but they even taste alike, LOL! The Unique tub says it can be used on leather. Kinda odd for a case lube, no? (And, no; there is no actual mink oil in Mink Oil.)

There are many things you can use as an expedient case lube. But it's like driving a nail with a rock: you'd MUCH rather use the right tool. I've used Unique and like it, but I much prefer Imperial.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've resized several hundred rounds on my tin of Imperial sizing wax and am still only about a fourth of the way through it. I believe I will stick with it as I doubt any thing else would be significantly cheaper and I know this stuff works.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
IC B3

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire

You mean Amsoil MP? Ive got some, but didnt know if it was thick enough.

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sambo3006
I've resized several hundred rounds on my tin of Imperial sizing wax and am still only about a fourth of the way through it. I believe I will stick with it as I doubt any thing else would be significantly cheaper and I know this stuff works.

And youre paying twice the price of 2 5/8oz tub of mink oil.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...IKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0BJ377QZ0YTK0ZG0TPPA

Last edited by gorskij; 10/27/11.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When I'm done with the ten or twenty thousand rounds it'll take me to use my tin of Imperial, then maybe I'll worry about getting economical.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
When I'm done with the ten or twenty thousand rounds it'll take me to use my tin of Imperial, then maybe I'll worry about getting economical.

+1 By the time I finish the can I have open and the extra can I have sitting around I will have some how saved ten bucks to buy another can. grin

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I must drink too much bud lite. I still use rcbs case lube + pad cause it's cheap and cleans up really ez. I use imperial wax if needed on tough jobs. Like others above both will last me a long long long long long time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's the tin of Imperial I bought eight or ten years ago. It's the only lube I've used since then. I have no idea how many thousands of cases I've lubed with it. I even use a whisper of it on handgun brass to be sized in carbide dies - which makes the press ram move as though there's nothing in the shellholder at all. At this rate, that one tin will outlast me.

[Linked Image]

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mathman

My sentiments too....... since I have 4 or 5 unused tins of it, maybe it's time to start thinking about putting them in my will.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kraky111
I must drink too much bud lite. I still use rcbs case lube + pad cause it's cheap and cleans up really ez. I use imperial wax if needed on tough jobs. Like others above both will last me a long long long long long time.

You're telling me. grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kraky111

Don, youre kidding right, throw that crap pad away Like I did years ago! LOL
P.S. And start drinking some good dark beer, youre as bad as the Baumann clan!! hahaha

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lanolin. That's what's in most of them anyway. Check the MSDS of your favorite.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gorskij: Shirley YOU jest!
Your argument is not convincing to me!
The Imperial (now Redding?) is the best case lube I have used in the last 52 years!
I won't be changing any time soon - I am, certain of that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dis is what we use in da islands

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hornady's Unique lube is indistinguishable from Mink Oil boot paste. I won't go so far as to say they are one and the same - but they even taste alike, LOL! The Unique tub says it can be used on leather. Kinda odd for a case lube, no? (And, no; there is no actual mink oil in Mink Oil.)

There are many things you can use as an expedient case lube. But it's like driving a nail with a rock: you'd MUCH rather use the right tool. I've used Unique and like it, but I much prefer Imperial.

I recall reading that they were very similar products, so went looking once upon a time many years ago when I needed resizing lube and Walmart was my only walking distance source. They didn't have the Mink Oil paste like the Hornady stuff, but I found Kiwi 'Mink Oil' which looked and felt a lot like Imperial. I've never been able to tell it apart from the latter. Life is good.

Anyone every use Rooster Labs case forming lube? It's a sticky, red substance; gnarly stuff, but works well.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here's the tin of Imperial I bought eight or ten years ago. It's the only lube I've used since then. I have no idea how many thousands of cases I've lubed with it. I even use a whisper of it on handgun brass to be sized in carbide dies - which makes the press ram move as though there's nothing in the shellholder at all. At this rate, that one tin will outlast me.

[Linked Image]

Hmmmm, my Turtle wax looks eerily close to some other product out there, could it be.....................?
[Linked Image]

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gorskij: Shirley YOU jest!
Your argument is not convincing to me!
The Imperial (now Redding?) is the best case lube I have used in the last 52 years!
I won't be changing any time soon - I am, certain of that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well, the schitt does work very well...........
http://youtu.be/0A5t5_O8hdA

Last edited by gorskij; 11/02/11.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

[Linked Image]

same for me you have to wonder how they stay in business. I have two cans I got free at the Shot show years ago when it was in Atlanta...(70s?)

One is un-opened and the other still going strong..

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have always used the RCBS lube on a pad but keep hearing all this talk about Imperial Wax. How do you use it? Do you rub it on your hands, put it on a rag, or use some other method? Does the residue come off easily? My system works just fine, but I am always looking for a better way.

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I get a little on my finger tips and rub it on the neck of the case and brush my fingers over the case mouth for the expander ball.

Wipe it off or tumble in walnut shells to get it off the case.

That being said I only use it when I have just a few cases. Hornaday One Shot is the way to go most of the time.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The single criteria we need from a case lube is good film strength. Lots of things can do that, wax and soaps are two of the best; Imperial is a wax and works well. So does the cheap wax toilet sealing rings sold in any hardware/building supply store.

gorskij Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Now Hornady has their version of Imperial, or it should be pretty much the same product. Retail, $10.33, OUCH!!!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Notropis
I have always used the RCBS lube on a pad but keep hearing all this talk about Imperial Wax. How do you use it? Do you rub it on your hands, put it on a rag, or use some other method? Does the residue come off easily? My system works just fine, but I am always looking for a better way.

I rub a dab onto and into a foam case pad with my fingertips, the warmth of your fingers will soften it and it will absorb into the pad. Re-lube the pad when needed. Never had a problem wiping the cases after sizing with a paper towel to remove any left over lube.

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gorskij
I used this today to resize some of my cases. Worked as well as the Hornady Unique I just bought.
[Linked Image]

That's funny... I use Obenhauf's to size .308 to .358. Works great!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (257Bob, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1234, 219DW, 65 invisible), 12,319 guests, and 1,022 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,255
Posts18,544,520
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.