GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Come on winter! Let it snow!

I dreamed it was snowing last night. Must be a good sign?

Supposedta be in the da 50's and 40's here all week. No snow forecasted around here until possibly Sunday. Hopefully the forecast 150mi to the nort is different.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I saw Mr. Big last night in a new stand.60 yards away, and wow he made my jaw drop

I saw Mr. Big this morning from 2' away...after 34 years it still makes my jaw drop. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
WB,

That rig is schweet! it needs a few poles in the middle, for something to hold on to while in route, of course. wink

Last edited by tzone; 10/31/11.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
WB,

That rig is schweet! it needs a few poles in the middle, for something to hold on to while in route, of course. wink

It's confusing to me that they didn't have poles as standard factory accessories rather than optional equipment.

Poles are in the works.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
been busy for the last few days. Went truckin' with Brad Friday morning to the cities for BTD. Got up at 2 a.m. and got back to DL before 1 p.m. His brothers 40th B-day party Saturday night. And went trucking again to Park Rapids lastnight. Team Industries is very busy and Brad's trucking company is picking up extra loads to be delivered to Wisconsin.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Poles are in the works.

I knew you'd be on it... They must have been a buyer "delete" when they bought it original. wink

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I saw Mr. Big last night in a new stand.60 yards away, and wow he made my jaw drop

I saw Mr. Big this morning from 2' away...after 34 years it still makes my jaw drop. laugh

You had that gut 34 years ago T?? laugh

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I got a load for him to take to WI. We need to get some Viking shirts and hats for whatever he's bringing over there. Stick them in every package. laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dave the stand looks awesome! Is that in the cedars on the south side of the ditch where there was a ladder stand at one point?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
A new snow machine??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now THAT is a schwanky fishin rig WB!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went to my storage building to get my hunting stuff together and I can not find my blaze orange Chickenbuck hat anywhere!!!!! UGH!!Going back today to see if I can find it.

I'm working on a new project for camp. The plan it to hang it between the trees above the gate at the entrance to camp. It is made of 1"x10" cedar. Just thinking of what materials I should use to mount it. I have chains but I'm wondering if the wood would be strong enough to screw eye hooks in the ends or if it or not. Any suggestions?

[Linked Image]

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Dave the stand looks awesome! Is that in the cedars on the south side of the ditch where there was a ladder stand at one point?

No it's east/south east of the cabin across the swamp.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Muffy
Went to my storage building to get my hunting stuff together and I can not find my blaze orange Chickenbuck hat anywhere!!!!! UGH!!Going back today to see if I can find it.

I'm working on a new project for camp. The plan it to hang it between the trees above the gate at the entrance to camp. It is made of 1"x10" cedar. Just thinking of what materials I should use to mount it. I have chains but I'm wondering if the wood would be strong enough to screw eye hooks in the ends or if it or not. Any suggestions?

[Linked Image]

That looks great miss, I'd say pilot holes drilled just under size a bit then I-hooks would be fine.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got a load for him to take to WI. We need to get some Viking shirts and hats for whatever he's bringing over there. Stick them in every package. laugh

laugh. This last load he picked up were Polaris parts (carb's I think).

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
WB is that an old bombardier?

Kind of reminds me of an old Nash. smile

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well, I have been one busy feller lately. I was in Illinois for work then back late on Wed (thanks to a cancelled American Airlines flight). Early Thurs I was off to SoDak to hunt roosters in Platte. Shot them to ribbons. Dog was spot on all 3 days.

Then switched barrels on the scattergun and checked her out at the range. Had a 4 shot group that went 2 1/16 inches. I just couldnt get it under 2" no matter how many times i measured it. But basically 2 MOA aint too shabby for a shotgun. At 150 yards, it was a 3" group. It sure is nice to have confidence in your gun! The bad news is, any misses cannot be blamed on the gun.

Man, this thread is sizzlin' now! Lotsa posts recently to catch up on. Ryan, I am eagerly awaiting pics of one of those big bucks with your bow laying across it! Nice job on the house.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yup. This is an early 50's Bombardier bus. 318 Chrysler & an auto tranny.

It will spend it's Winters up on the lake ice fishing with an ample amount of useage around home I'm sure. Anyone up for a trip to Chickenbuck this Winter?

I have wanted one of these for my collection since the first time I rode in one.

This machine is coming from your neck of the woods Grizzly Bill. About an hour away.

Last edited by White_Bear; 10/31/11.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Well, I have been one busy feller lately. I was in Illinois for work then back late on Wed (thanks to a cancelled American Airlines flight). Early Thurs I was off to SoDak to hunt roosters in Platte. Shot them to ribbons. Dog was spot on all 3 days.

Then switched barrels on the scattergun and checked her out at the range. Had a 4 shot group that went 2 1/16 inches. I just couldnt get it under 2" no matter how many times i measured it. But basically 2 MOA aint too shabby for a shotgun. At 150 yards, it was a 3" group. It sure is nice to have confidence in your gun! The bad news is, any misses cannot be blamed on the gun.

Man, this thread is sizzlin' now! Lotsa posts recently to catch up on. Ryan, I am eagerly awaiting pics of one of those big bucks with your bow laying across it! Nice job on the house.

Rifled slug barrel B man? What slug are you running through there?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
For crying out loud... ok who's the John Deere fan?

And how long have we been replying to a thread title of "deere camp"?

grin

Something clever here.

Page 779 of 1,842 1 2 777 778 779 780 781 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.