Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dale,

I think the model you want is called the "1885 Traditional Sporter". Stock # is 534183117. You can find it at Galleryofguns.com.

Whether or not they are still available, I cannot say... This model has P/G stock ala: the BPCR, and 28" round barrel.

GH

P.S: Actually, I found it here: http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/category.asp?family=002C

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Paul39
Are Uberti threads American standard, or metric?

Paul

Paul, my Uberti has 15/16"-20 barrel threads. I've never replaced any others so I'm not sure of the rest.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
They (CDNN) are also running the high walls in 28" .300 and .375 H & H for that price. jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
D
dale06 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Grasshopper
If you can, point me where Gallery of Guns has this gun. I can't find it.

Thanks

NRA Patron
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by oldwest
I have recently purchased a Winchester 1885 low wall in 223. I am trying to locte scope mounts or a scope base. I am having trouble finding one and would like to avoid machining my own. If you know where I can find something that would be appreciated information. Also if there is an alternative mounts that can be used with a little modification I would consider that. thanks

I have a Lo-Wall in .223, and it's been a pain to get a scope mounted on it! Leupold sells a base, but you may well find that they are sending the wrong screws with it (too short). Then when you call them about it they will send you another set of the wrong screws!! Then after a third call to them they will send you screws that are about a half inch too long! The base uses two different length screws, and getting everything right becomes an issue.
gary

IC B2

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Bricktop
I have recently purchased a Winchester 1885 low wall in 223. I am trying to locte scope mounts or a scope base. I am having trouble finding one and would like to avoid machining my own. If you know where I can find something that would be appreciated information. Also if there is an alternative mounts that can be used with a little modification I would consider that. thanks
Here you go: http://swfa.com/Leupold-Standard-2-Piece-Base-P1129.aspx

avoid this one! They got me once, but never twice
gary

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chesshirecat
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Here you go: http://swfa.com/Leupold-Standard-2-Piece-Base-P1129.aspx
avoid this one! They got me once, but never twice
gary
I agree!!!!!!

I like Leupold products, but their base sets for the 1885s SUCK.

I bought a set to replace my weather-beaten "factory" bases on my High Wall and found the screws for the front base to be too long. Then the damned things require two different ring heights (meaning you'll be buying two different ring sets to cobble together one usable pair) and the friggin' front base doesn't exactly mate with the barrel surface very well either. mad These are going BACK.

The best base sets -- I think -- were the Browning "factory" bases which were made by Burris. (Browning catalog number 8617 and Burris catalog number 410281 for the High Wall, Browning catalog number 8917 and Burris catalog number 410271 for the Low Wall.)

Missinglink is currently selling several NIB sets of these very bases in the classifieds -- CLICK D LINK

I've used the Burris-manufactured bases on a previous Low Wall and after hassling with the Leupold bases am convinced this is the ONLY way to fly.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 257man, 1Longbow, 69 invisible), 13,845 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.