Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 101 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 100 101
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Assuming it shoots straight, a Savage 1920. The vintage scope for it is on the way to me. Also, probably the AR10 & its carbine upper, for if it rains.

Unless of course, I buy something else in the meantime. grin

No side arm? No 15" blade for close work?

I was just talking smokepoles. I didn't include the .480 Ruger, nor the katana

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh yeah, I forgot to add my Para Ordnance 1911 government.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still wanna ride a buffalo

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I still wanna ride a buffalo

================

I wouldn't share that with Deb until after you're married.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No side arm? No 15" blade for close work?

I recall Capstick telling a story of how he went wild boar hunting in Argentina, with a knife as encouraged by the locals. His moment comes, the dogs are grabbing the hog,and Capstick wades into the fight, first grabbing the pig's tail.

That was as far as he got. He was so frightened he never did anything except frantically hold the pig's tail, as it fought the dogs. He forgot all about actually stabbing it. After this went on a while the pig eventually broke loose and ran off. Capstick collects his wits, looks around, and his hosts are rolling on the ground laughing. After the dogs are collected and the boar finally killed, they give him the tail as a trophy grin

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a nice day. Up here from there, the dogs grab an ear and the tail/leg, they hold him for you so all you gotta do is stick him/her in the heart. Would love to watch Rockchucker stick one without the dogs. Spear may work. You will notice I said watch.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds like a nice day. Up here from there, the dogs grab an ear and the tail/leg, they hold him for you so all you gotta do is stick him/her in the heart. Would love to watch Rockchucker stick one without the dogs. Spear may work. You will notice I said watch.

Yeah, like Rambo in First Blood! Tie your Buckmaster knife to a oak limb, climb a tree over the trail, then jump down and drive the knife somewhere into the hog. All we (the theater audience) heard was he death squeal.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Question for anyone still keeping up here:

Anybody bringing their kids? Ages?

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I wish I had a "finger" icon about now. Well played, sir!

Let's limit it to the 10 and under crowd (Powell, obviously, not included).

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My son is 23 and he's my "kid" and will be as long as I live. I refer to him by his name in front of his friends, but when he drops by for a visit his nickname from age 5 is what his mother and I call him.

KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Are there still spots open? Les has asked me if I want to drive form Colorado Springs to TN with him and another guy. It appears that there's a real chance of getting a genuine Russian boar and that imterests me.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is riding in a vehicle with Les for a thousand miles each way worth it? eek

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by KC

Are there still spots open? Les has asked me if I want to drive form Colorado Springs to TN with him and another guy. It appears that there's a real chance of getting a genuine Russian boar and that imterests me.

KC

hello KC i am the one driving. You are most welcome to join us. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tom and KC you are two brave men!!!! grin

I was forced to grow up with Les, but ain't no way I'd attempt that feat... wink

I'm sure it will be a great ride out just keep the air on! grin It might keep your truck smelling like a wet beagle instead of a Pabst drinker.....JK

Can't wait to meet everyone. Waiting for this hunt is worse than waiting for Christmas......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Guess we could allways put les in the back under the topper lol

tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

If Roger doesn't go, you (or somebody else) could also catch a ride with me, as I'm coming out of Houston. Extended cab with cushy seats, so the passenger can recline & snooze to his content.

The man ain't lying. I was fortunate enough to be TNC's guest in his digs on the PINS get-together, and I was certain that by night 2 my snoring would have had him throwing shoes and beer cans at me. Not a peep out of him. wink

To whomever may roll with TNC, in all seriousness, you couldn't have better company. Great guy.

Patrick, I take payment in Jack Daniels. But then you know that already. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC

KC

Yep - Just tell Steve or I which list to put you on. I suspect some will drop and some will commit by next month when the deposits are due so all are welcome.

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

If Roger doesn't go, you (or somebody else) could also catch a ride with me, as I'm coming out of Houston. Extended cab with cushy seats, so the passenger can recline & snooze to his content.

The man ain't lying. I was fortunate enough to be TNC's guest in his digs on the PINS get-together, and I was certain that by night 2 my snoring would have had him throwing shoes and beer cans at me. Not a peep out of him. wink

To whomever may roll with TNC, in all seriousness, you couldn't have better company. Great guy.

Many thanks for the endorsement. smile I must confess however, the reason why I didn't object to your snoring is you were actually in Wtxj's tent.

I normally like Makers Mark, but I'll see about Jack Daniels

grin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Many thanks for the endorsement. smile I must confess however, the reason why I didn't object to your snoring is you were actually in Wtxj's tent.

I normally like Makers Mark, but I'll see about Jack Daniels

grin grin

What a host I must be: or KG is getting old.
Worked out just fine cause once I take to sleeping, not much wakes me up. Drinking doesn't help much either.

Last edited by Wtxj; 12/09/11.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 27 of 101 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 61 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,244
Posts18,525,030
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.