Foxbat, You sayin they'll make it to the SB? mtmuley

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Foxbat, You sayin they'll make it to the SB? mtmuley

Not really. Just saying if they do, being undefeated is a tremendous burden to carry all the way through. And if you're going to have an off day, week 14 is the time to do it.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by teal
Fine - Chiefs beat GB. Everyone knew how to do it and they managed to do it.

Happy?

if is a freaking mircial laugh now i bet there are some bookies crying the blues whistle

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I agree. Besides, now the media can devote more time to Tebow. mtmuley

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jim62
I give FULL credit to underdogs like The KC cheifs and the Iowa state Cyclones who took advantage of poor play and mistakes by the opposing team to win ONE game they should not have during the seasons.

This whole travesty of having to credit a crummy, undeserving team with a win just because the scoreboard favors them at the end of the game could be avoided by only allowing points to be counted if they are deserved. Cases in point: Crummy, undeserving team intercepts and either returns it for a touchdown or scores from a short field. This score was not truly earned, it was handed to them by a mistake on the part of the good, deserving team. Points disallowed. Crummy, undeserving team kicks off. Good, deserving team intercepts and either returns it for a touchdown or scores from a short field. This score was earned by the stellar play of the good, deserving team's defense. Points allowed. Good, deserving team kicks off. In the spirit of instant replay, a panel of distinguished experts could review each score and allow or disallow it. Problem solved. wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's true the Packers lost a game, I guess they are mere mortals after all.

I wont dwell on losing one game, rather the overall record of 13-1.

I think there was an awful lot of distractions buiding on the Packers organization, ie, go for the perfect season, to rest players or not etc........Now that the perfect season quest is over maybe they can get back to one single focus, win the next game and so forth.

When I saw Sharrods lower leg snap, I knew the game was lost, lets get on to next week.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even a broken clock tells the proper time at least once per day.. wink

twice a day. laugh

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bet your in a joyful mood tonite you little troublemaker, blush

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by fluffy
Even a broken clock tells the proper time at least once per day.. wink

twice a day. laugh

What part of "at least" once a day don't you until stand?

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Packers have peaked too soon. Looking forward to watching them go "one and done" in the playoffs. laugh

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Cheese Cutters beat by lowly KC LOL now that's funny.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
At least I have zero trouble rooting for the Ravens in the SB when they play the pack now.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boooiiiinnngggg!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
They looked terrible...even Rodgers.
More than terrible - they looked like the Queens..

I was more worried about the Lions game, not the stupid Chiefs.. Did someone butter the receivers' gloves? Blind Rodgers in one eye? The FG kicker couldn't find the uprights with a GPS. And the phantom 'pass interference' call on Nelson was laughable... He touched NOBODY.. And that O-line - geez, a couple fat kindergartners could have sacked Rodgers.. And defense? WHAT defense? Capers needs to find new employment by year's end..

I left the game at halftime - told the wife I was goin' to look at boots.. I knew the game was history then - and I've said all year that the Pack's gotta score at least 40 pts to win a game and I've been right a whole lot more often than wrong..

I'll be right now that they'll not GET to the SB much less win it.. Only good thing this weekend is the Queens are still on track for a 2-14 season...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Not really. Just saying if they do, being undefeated is a tremendous burden to carry all the way through. And if you're going to have an off day, week 14 is the time to do it.

Wholeheartedly agree. The rest of the course will be an interesting one, I hope they can take a deep breath and start another winning streak. smile

Looks like the Saints are gaining momentum each week. This will be a fun couple months for NFL fans.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"One and Done" laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, at least you can enjoy "regular life" after the regular season - we still have the painstaking misfortune of having to suffer through a couple more weeks after that. wink grin

WWP53D
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Oh, no...there's NO CHANCE the Lions will beat the Packers....BAAAWAAAAAAAAAA........ cry cry cry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's the thing with the Lions - the squeaked one out yesterday, and needed to do so to entertain playoffs hopes. Now, it looks like they're in. Remember the team last year that barely made the playoffs, then went on to the SB?

Anything can happen - tis why the NFL is so great.

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll be right now that they'll not GET to the SB much less win it.. Only good thing this weekend is the Queens are still on track for a 2-14 season...

The Colts won too. The Vikes still have an outside shot at the #1 pick. grin

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (12344mag, 280Ackleyrized, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,683 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,047
Posts18,521,183
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.