Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a recipe, but am looking for other ideas for my deviled eggs.

War Damn Eagle!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
starts with a well cooked egg of course.

I don't use a recipe, but include Duke's Mayo, salt, black pepper, dash of cumin, pickle relish, fine diced onion and mustard.
I sprinkle the finished eggs with hot Hungarian Paprika.

Sam......

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's Mom's recipe too. We also add a small splash of vinegar for a little extra tartness.

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I don't use a recipe, but include Duke's Mayo, salt, black pepper, dash of cumin, dill pickle relish, fine diced onion and mustard.

^^^My Recipe. LOL Love that Duke's. May have to try the onion and cumin. Do you use Dill or Sweet Relish?

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Sweet Relish. Crowrifle's suggestion of a dash of vinegar is ok, but for me, the Duke's has enough. If I use Hellmanns, I do add the extra vinegar though.

Sam......

IC B2

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sweet Relish. Crowrifle's suggestion of a dash of vinegar is ok, but for me, the Duke's has enough. If I use Hellmanns, I do add the extra vinegar though.

Tis why I like the Duke's. Maybe I'll give yours a try this weekend. Got to have them at Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I sure hate peeling the eggs.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I cheat. Friend runs a local food service company, and sells me boiled eggs in a bucket. I split them with the neighbors. SO much easier then cooking/peeling. lol

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We always put a bit of horseradish in ours for a little added kick.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife won't let me eat those... blush

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
on the mayo jar of ..."best foods or helman's".....same company same recipe ...petty much where the d-egg thing got its start..

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by .280Rem

I don't use a recipe, but include Duke's Mayo, salt, black pepper, dash of cumin, dill pickle relish, fine diced onion and mustard.

^^^My Recipe. LOL Love that Duke's. May have to try the onion and cumin. Do you use Dill or Sweet Relish?

a little chopped green olives and one as a garnish. Definitely Dukes!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I cheat. Friend runs a local food service company, and sells me boiled eggs in a bucket. I split them with the neighbors. SO much easier then cooking/peeling. lol

I cheated last time, and bought egglands best boiled eggs in the store. As is the way he is, when my brother found out I didn't put in all the work myself, they suddenly had a "funny taste".

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry guys I love good food of all kinds but hard boiled eggs doctored any which way are really barf-a-roni! sick grin Have tried to force myself into liking them all my life but will go to my grave thinking they just weren't meant for human consumption! eek laugh

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
IMHO the best deviled eggs are from home hard boiled eggs with the yolks mixed with Miracle Whip and mustard. Sweet relish is an option, but sprinkled with a little paprika is as good as it gets!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sorry guys but the only mayo is Duke's from Greenville, SC!

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrconductor

Yes Sir! Fountain Inn/Simpsonville/Mauldin to be exact. I recall the factory right out on 385.

Claude do you remember all the other products to come out of GSP? Like Pepto Bismol?! Ray Bans! Texize! BBQ King! That 385 stretch put out some household staple products for sure....

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How about fried ....

Ingredients
1 dozen eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 tablespoon chopped chives
Dash hot sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko crumbs
Parsley, for garnish
Peanut oil, for frying
Directions
Add the eggs to a large saucepan filled with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let sit in the water for 14 minutes.

Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise. Remove the yolks to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon zest, chives, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mash the yolks together with a wooden spoon. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Fill the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.

Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.

In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of flour and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat the eggs, in a third bowl, add 1 cup of panko.

Dip the eggs into the flour, then the egg and finally into the panko. Gently put the eggs into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
or BLT ....

Ingredients
6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled plus more for garnish, if desired
2 cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Halve the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and add them to a medium bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, tomatoes, and parsley. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and blend well.

Fill the egg whites evenly with the yolk mixture and garnish with bacon, if desired. Arrange them in a container and store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
or how about smoked salmon ....

Ingredients
8 extra-large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons good mayonnaise
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
4 ounces good smoked salmon, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces salmon roe
Directions
Place the eggs in a pot large enough to hold them in a single layer. Cover the eggs with cold water and bring to a full boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the eggs stand for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and fill the pot with cold water. Set aside until the eggs are cool.

Peel the eggs and then slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks carefully. Place the yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and arrange the whites on a platter in a single layer with the cut sides up and sprinkle with salt.

To the egg yolks, add the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, salmon, salt, and pepper. Beat on medium speed until fluffy. With a small spoon, fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Cover loosely with plastic wrap (you don't want to flatten the filling) and refrigerate for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.

When ready to serve, garnish with a dollop of salmon roe and some extra chopped chives. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by rrconductor

Yes Sir! Fountain Inn/Simpsonville/Mauldin to be exact. I recall the factory right out on 385.

Claude do you remember all the other products to come out of GSP? Like Pepto Bismol?! Ray Bans! Texize! BBQ King! That 385 stretch put out some household staple products for sure....

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

BBQ King , the best bbq in store cookers ever! I can remember walking in Cash & Carry on saturdays to get a bbq chicken from the cooker for sat. supper. Only thing better on sat. night might have been a chili cheese with a half and half from the Clock on Stone Ave.

David, and to all 24 Campfire people have a very Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, always remember the Reason for the Season!

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never seen or tried Dukes mayo so use Mericle whip. Other than that and the addition of chopped ripe olives mine is the same as Sam's.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never seen or tried Dukes mayo so use Mericle whip.

In my house and my parents before me, Miracle whip is the only thing here, no mayo. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (257wthbylover, 22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,305
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.