Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
My Tristar semi auto 12 gauge has functioned perfectly for a year or so but locked up. I disassembled and cleaned but now the barrel will not seat all the way into the receiver. I cant get the dang thing back together. Tried taking the trigger group out and various combinations of safety on, hammer down or the reverse. Frustrating as all get out because it should be EASY. Can't find anything about reassembly in the manual or anywhere on the web that tells me I'm doing anything wrong. ANY suggestions?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
i had luck with the action open or closed with my semi autos.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does this manual help you?
http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/pdf/Manual_Semi-Automatic.pdf

Edited because i didnt see that you said the manual DIDNT help in your first post. sorry.

Last edited by Grogel_Deluxe; 11/18/11.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
A quick peek at the manual shows (like you said), it should be easy.. Have you tried moving the bolt back a little while you attempt to insert the barrel? many times on S/A shotguns the barrel won't fully seat until the action's moved back somewhat..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Slide must be forwad to seat the barrel in teh receiver. Bolt will go back with teh barrel until about a half inch remains. Then it simply will not go further. No side to side movement possible....
I'm going to have to call them tomorrow and if that fails, I will take it to the gunsmith. Anybody want a shotgun cheap???

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've never owned one.
This was/is a common problem with this pump, common and serious enough that an internal document/pictograph was circulated with a specific preamble to [u]"...not give these instructions to customers!...for internal use only...should be kept out of public view!"
**"WARNING: DO NOT PUMP ACTION WITHOUT THE BARREL ON THE GUN!**
[/u]

Essentially, when the action is pumped without the barrel, the bolt comes off a pin and wedges itself into the receiver; with the bolt off the pin and sitting on the action, the barrel will not seat fully into the receiver.
You have to start the bolt with the rear down onto the pin and over the carrier (removed from the receiver), then hold the bolt with your finger to keep it on the pin; putting it all back in, leave the bolt out of the receiver by an inch and line up the barrel with the bolt.
It ain't easy..
Call 'em and demand the document/pictograph--or PM me.

M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Checkfire
I've never owned one.
This was/is a common problem with this pump, common and serious enough that an internal document/pictograph was circulated with a specific preamble to [u]"...not give these instructions to customers!...for internal use only...should be kept out of public view!"
**"WARNING: DO NOT PUMP ACTION WITHOUT THE BARREL ON THE GUN!**
[/u]

Essentially, when the action is pumped without the barrel, the bolt comes off a pin and wedges itself into the receiver; with the bolt off the pin and sitting on the action, the barrel will not seat fully into the receiver.
You have to start the bolt with the rear down onto the pin and over the carrier (removed from the receiver), then hold the bolt with your finger to keep it on the pin; putting it all back in, leave the bolt out of the receiver by an inch and line up the barrel with the bolt.
It ain't easy..
Call 'em and demand the document/pictograph--or PM me.

Mine is the semi auto version but this sounds exactly like what is happening. THANK YOU for at least making me feel better! lol

PM en route to you.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Good morning, Mike! Check your pm's.

M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Turned out that a spring on the trigger assembly was out of place and blocking the barrel from fully seating. Fixed now.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Glad to hear that, Mike!--I've been wondering how it turned out!

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 6 invisible), 1,876 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.