Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Dryers are so simple to make. I put a 60 watt bulb in a wooden box that I had and it dries the brass completely in a couple of hours. Some people use ammo cans or metal trash cans to make a dryer, but it is relatively simple. For anyone who isn't already setup with a vibratory or ultrasonic, the tumbler/ss media will be the most efficient and cheapest way over the long haul and will clean the brass inside/outside and clean the primer pockets as well. That is just the simple truth.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DoubleUp
Dryers are so simple to make. I put a 60 watt bulb in a wooden box that I had and it dries the brass completely in a couple of hours. Some people use ammo cans or metal trash cans to make a dryer, but it is relatively simple. For anyone who isn't already setup with a vibratory or ultrasonic, the tumbler/ss media will be the most efficient and cheapest way over the long haul and will clean the brass inside/outside and clean the primer pockets as well. That is just the simple truth.

5 pieces of brass, 4 have been fired 6 times, 1 is brand new

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As far as cleaning the inside, dont really see the purpose of it as its gonna just get pooched out again when its shot. Also have never read any definitive work on where it actually helps brass life, or accuracy. So I really see no need to change my system as I can get fired brass to look just as good as new. My way is quicker, dont have to build or buy a dryer, media costs me 8.00 for 25lbs bought at any pet store. So just clean, deprime, inspect, brush the pocket,polish then load and shoot. 3 hours tops any time, any weather. And thats just the simple truth.

Swifty

Swifty
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
As long as you are satisfied that is all that counts. Glad it works for you.

Me, I don't like dust all over the place. Been there, done that too long, but like you, as long as I'm satisfied that's all that counts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I started using the Thumler's and the Stainless media about a year ago. Brass looks better than it did new, it is pretty impressive. But as stated, "whatever floats your boat". I do like reloads that look like new ammo, but it is purely an aesthetic thing and doesn't make the load shoot any better.

If shiny loads make you feel better, the SS media is the only way to go.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,058
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.