Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have never said to use a Blaser over anything else. To each his own.
You cannot say that a rifle engineered through modern technological advancements has no merit simply because it is different. That doesn't hold water. There are enough types of guns to go around. I like allot of different types of guns. I am a gun looney. Not everyone is. I go by the name blaserguy because of the narrow-minded view I see from people online on things. A Blaser is polarizing. That is why I go by blaserguy because I dont mind being overly judged. I could have gone by CZguy but then I would be like the rest.
As far as Africa goes you will find allot of Blaser products used there every year. I have yet to have a PH not endorse it's use either through prior experience of through seeing me use it. The PH's that deal with European
clients will see allot of these in action more so than the rest. Richard Cook is the only PH that I know of that has used one. I have not asked him if he still uses it. Jorge he is usually at DSC and you can ask him his take on the R93.
Some PH in Africa have what they can get there hands on. I know Butch Searcy had a program at one time to get his doubles in PH's hands by letting them pay them out. That's pretty smart marketing. I have not always been impressed by what a PH carries based on what we think of as a PH rifle. Especially some of the Zim PH rifles. These poor guys would really be blasted online for not using a proper DG set up rifle. As one PH said, "It works for me and that is all that matters". My feelings exactly

HR IC

Dom Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Carrying a live round in the chamber, is there any other bolt action rifle made anywhere in the world that is safer than An R93 or R8 that is not cocked?

This is a serious and significant advantage and is just as safe as carrying loaded rounds in the magazine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BG: I'm responding to you because your post demonstrates what I look for in a valid counter (no blind zealotry) to those of us who don't care for Blasers although I do think your airplane analogy was not valid. You and I both know a big component of the Blaser's popularity in Europe are their Draconian Gun Laws and with a Blaser, those poor slugs can enjoy a multitude of calibers and that is where a Blaser shines.

That said, nobody will convince me-ever-the Blaser system demonstrates any measurable superiority over conventional bolts in terms of accuracy or reliability except for what I described above.

What is also beyond question is that ANY piece of equipment that needs to emply considerably more parts to accomplish the same function is by the laws of probability LESS reliable. I accept your predilection for Blasers, but the zealotry I reject outright.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All this "fowl" language.

The duck and geese will be upset.

As for the comment that modern turn bolts are not made using advanced technology....well, that's not true either.

The last time I checked, most every major manufacturer uses CAD in the design, the rifles actions are manufactured using state of the art CNC machinery.

If anything, they could use a little more hand fitting when being assembled.

Your comment suggests they are beat out on an anvil and the stocks are made with a hacksaw.

JM

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Jorge, you are as much of a zealot as anyone else, you have a double standard, and fail to prove your arguements. You can not prove that a Blaser is any more, or any less reliable than, any other product. You only speak from heresay, things you have read, and not from any sort of real life experiance. you are badmouthing the product just to hear yourself speak, and are not in any way, shape, or form, justified in doing so.

There are no fleas on the 9.3s.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think it's any less or any more reliable than most other top shelf rifles.

That being said, where is the advantage of dropping that much cash on something that doesn't give you anything extra in return, other than some fancy wood, more parts and a Buck Rogers look?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by corjack
Jorge, you are as much of a zealot as anyone else, you have a double standard, and fail to prove your arguements. You can not prove that a Blaser is any more, or any less reliable than, any other product. You only speak from heresay, things you have read, and not from any sort of real life experiance. you are badmouthing the product just to hear yourself speak, and are not in any way, shape, or form, justified in doing so.

You have a vested interest in selling Blasers and given your zeal for hawking them I have real doubts about them. Good products sell themselves with out all the cheerleading.
As far as I am concerned they are overpriced, ugly, club shaped, over engineered european junk.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I don't think it's any less or any more reliable than most other top shelf rifles.

That being said, where is the advantage of dropping that much cash on something that doesn't give you anything extra in return, other than some fancy wood, more parts and a Buck Rogers look?

Your slings are probably a fine product, and you probably feel that the bring an advantage over a conventional sling, to justify making and selling them.

You would then have to conceded, that some guys see in a Blaser, something useful and pleasing, to justify the additional cost. My point of view is, hunt with what ever rifle you choose, and use whatever sling you would like, because if all customers had the same point of view concerning all products, as you do about Blasers, you would sell a lot less slings.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by BWalker

You have a vested interest in selling Blasers and given your zeal for hawking them I have real doubts about them. Good products sell themselves with out all the cheerleading.
As far as I am concerned they are overpriced, ugly, club shaped, over engineered european junk.

Your opinion is well noted. Not much of an opinion, but probably the best you could do.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The airplane is my way of pointing fun at the argument. But it does give a perspective of my frustration on the types of comments I read at times. It is a way for me to present facts if you will on a subject that most talk on this subject is pure emotion and personally opinion or prejudice.
I will state my reason I use it. Based on MY NEEDS.
The R93 is my traveling rifle. I carry two. I can swap parts between the two guns to make one gun in case something happens to one. I have never had to do this but peace of mind is valuable to me. It is a very simple gun. One bolt, one stock, one barrel. There is no normal action length to deal with so overall it is shorter and balances better to me. I didnt have to "tweak" it to get it to shoot. I don't have allot of time so this is good to me. I am a gun looney and this really feeds that bug. I have 22 rimfire barrels and a 28 guage barrel to practice with. I have the big boomers but my neck is screwed up and if I shoot the big guys allot I won't be shooting anything for very long. The dang things are very accurate. More accurate than I need but when you can put three 416 touching you dont have an excuse for missing. I started with a Blaser because I like takedown guns. It became my go to gun when I am spending my hard earned money because I trust it the best.
My 15 year old loves it, my 19 year old is more traditional and hates it
My 19 year old says it's just too different. He earned the right to his opinion based on him trying it. It didn't bother me there are more guns in
the safe for him to try.
The airplane does show how far we have come in technology. Facts are still facts

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your slings are probably a fine product, and you probably feel that the bring an advantage over a conventional sling, to justify making and selling them.

You would then have to conceded, that some guys see in a Blaser, something useful and pleasing, to justify the additional cost. My point of view is, hunt with what ever rifle you choose, and use whatever sling you would like, because if all customers had the same point of view concerning all products, as you do about Blasers, you would sell a lot less slings.

I don't have anything against them and they certainly have a loyal following.

I tend to believe they are more of a "statement" purchase, as other rifles will give you the same performance and reliability for less money.

Not knocking them or the reason folks buy them.

There were some posts regarding standard turn bolts earlier by another member that weren't exactly true and I was addressing those.

JM

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

I don't have anything against them and they certainly have a loyal following.

I tend to believe they are more of a "statement" purchase, as other rifles will give you the same performance and reliability for less money.

Not knocking them or knocking why folks buy them.

JM

Thank you for clarifying that. You are a gentleman.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have no issue with your post BG and your likes & needs for said rifle. I'll just add that the rifles I own don't need tweaking either and the airplane does show how far we have come in technology, aside from the barrel/caliber swap, I see no advantage to the Blasers "process" at at achieving what we all clamor for in a rifle; accuracy, reliability and appeal.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BWalker
I cant think of a single good reason to own a Blaser.

How about attracted to ugly?

Kinda like the dudes that only do fat enormous ugly chics.

Masochism?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The appeal part is easy for me. That straight pull action in my hands is very fast and deadly and it comes as a take down gun.
But I am also a Ginger "AND" Marry Anne guy.
I am not an either or kinda guy when it comes to guns
Politics and religion yes, but I don't mix my gun views with the other two.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dom
Carrying a live round in the chamber, is there any other bolt action rifle made anywhere in the world that is safer than An R93 or R8 that is not cocked?

This is a serious and significant advantage and is just as safe as carrying loaded rounds in the magazine.

No!

The way I stalk I always need a round ready to go.....cycling it from the mag whilst walking them up just won't cut the mustid 90% of the time as my quarry are out onto you quicker than a blowfly on a fresh turd...
And it's the only rifle I will ever feel truly safe with when hunting with my son. Especially in the event of a fall, which is often had.
Just the way I see it

Taking my rifle for a walk
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by blaser_guy
The appeal part is easy for me. That straight pull action in my hands is very fast and deadly and it comes as a take down gun.
But I am also a Ginger "AND" Marry Anne guy.
I am not an either or kinda guy when it comes to guns
Politics and religion yes, but I don't mix my gun views with the other two.

Yes, certainly faster than any BA rifle. And when a second shot is needed these straight-pulls can mean the difference between meat on the table or not....
And of course the first shot means allot!, no doubt, but some animals can just go on adrenaline if dead....... We have all been there, Im sure....

I

Taking my rifle for a walk
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That, my friend, is a very fine group. The 375 (H&H, Ruger, etc) is just fine isn't it--the laws of physics converging on a point of perfect balance of power, portability, and accuracy.

It's just amazing you shot that group with a m70 though!

Kidding laugh

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 12/30/11.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I wish I had a blaser.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And a blonde

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.