Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by tzone

That's pretty chickenshitt. You can't answer with facts so you ignore it...Nice.

tzone, that's pretty chickenshitt. You can't read the facts, so you ignore them....Nice.

I posted the facts about Ford's loans in a post above. You come back with a post saying to google the answer. It's not my problem if you chose not to read, or comprehend, what was posted.
I'll put it in plain language. It's not my fault that people choose not to understand anything and it's a waste of time replying to them.

Putting the fools on ignore says that I could care less what some brain dead moron has to say, which I don't. Their idiotic rhetoric is worthless, as it comes from someone that has neither the ability, nor the capability, to think or reason on their own. They are not only ignorant, but also irrelevant. Their asinine rantings are proof of it.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He had valid points, that counterd yours. You have valid points that counter his...that's what makes a conversation.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
*** You are ignoring this user ***

The third, and final, stooge arrives. Is it Larry, Curley or Moe? No disrepect meant to the original 3 Stooges. ExpatFromOK is also known as mr. ASSume.

Keep posting! You are great for laughs! You certainly keep me coming back!

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hemi
Originally Posted by Idared
Originally Posted by walt501
Less desirable product? Quick, name 10 innovations the Japanese have brought to the car and truck market. Go!

Inovations don't necessarily drive vehicle sales. There are many other things that cause Mr. or Mrs. customer to favor one product over another. Reliability is a big one. It's up to the automotive companies to listen and respond. For starters why did two of the big three in the U.S. need to be bailed out. It sure wasn't because they sold too many vehicles was it? Something else was obviously more desireable than their vehicles in the customer's eyes. And don't try to pawn it off on the "people are stupid" theory. Remember the phrase, "The customer is always right". The customer didn't like what somebody was selling so they went elsewhere.

Ford to their credit held on without needing bailout money. I commend them for that. But, I still like their competitor's truck better so that's what I bought even though it cost more money. Obviously you don't agree and that is your privelege. But if you think a vehicle made in the United States with a foreign companies name on it is automatically inferior to one with an American name on it you are only fooling yourself. It's thinking like that that allowed the foreign companies to get their foot in the door to begin with.

If they are building vehicles nobody wants, riddle me this. Why has GM attained #1 auto maker in the world for 2011? You may say that Toyota had it the past few years, but combined over time, GM has sold more vehicles than Toyota ever has. So your theory that they are building products that are not desireable does not hold water.

One word.........

Earthquake.

I think you can figure that one out.(No slam intended BTW)

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Sooooooooooo, How do i rate for this problem... Been a Ford guy forever.. My last truck had some problems my Ford service sucked so bad over the years of owning that truck i was fed up... In 2010 i bought a new chevy truck,not a big fan of the bailout i still bought a chevy....

Sometimes there other reasons why people switch truck brands....

All the trucks now a days are pretty good... Dont understand how somebody can be so one sided on one truck company....

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I won't buy a Chev because of the quality and service I got from my 04. I'd buy a classic or an older truck, but nothing newer than a mid 80's truck.

I like my Fords but I've had my fair share of trouble with them. I like my '11 F-150 despite some issues that are pretty minor, really, just annoying. Dodge wasn't real good to me, but they still make the best looking truck IMO. All the trucks and cars have had their pluses and minuses. That's why they make so many of em.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Putting the fools on ignore says that I could care less what some brain dead moron has to say, which I don't. Their idiotic rhetoric is worthless, as it comes from someone that has neither the ability, nor the capability, to think or reason on their own. They are not only ignorant, but also irrelevant. Their asinine rantings are proof of it.

You have a pretty big opinion of yourself don't you. I was probably driving a pickup already when you had crap in your diapers. Have you ever gotten out of your backyard? Somehow I doubt it.

I realize that brand loyalty is very strong in rigs but you are probably the worst I have seen or heard of and I've run into a pile of them over the years in most every state in the U.S. I said before I could probably like a Ford truck, in fact I have had them in the past, but I have to say you make a pretty questionable advocate for them. I'd sure hate to have you for a salesman if I owned a Ford dealership.

Go ahead and sneek a peek. Anyone that has to tell the world they are putting someone on ignore isn't smart enough to just not read what that person is posting. It's just more of your showboating. smile

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP. 2010 Tundra 4.6 DblCb Longbed.

20K trouble free miles.

220 Swift still king.
V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Swift

20K trouble free miles.

Thanks for the reply.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
A guy at work just bought a 2012 4x4 Crew Max Tundra with the big V-8. I sat in it and I must say it has plenty of room in it and is a heck of a nice truck. He traded a 2006 Chevy with the 5.3 Vortec that was using alot of oil. I have read and heard about the oil issue with the Chevy 1500's. It does tick me off that there is an issue there and GM seems to ignore it. Just like the steering shaft issue that plagued certain year models. Has that turned me completely against GM trucks, well not yet, but another truck brand has been on my mind.

I have been a die hard Chevy man for years and do have the 2006 HD with the Duramax. It is a heck of a truck and does a good job for what it was designed for. Only bad thing about it is it is not too good for a run around grocery getter. Like all trucks Chevy have had their fair share of issues. Ford and the others have also had their problems, one being the 6.0 Powerstroke. Does that mean that all Fords are bad? Heck no. I am sure that they build some pretty good trucks. Would I buy one? Don't really know because there has been this Ford against Chevy rivalry in my brain since I was a kid. Same way on the race track each week, I want a Chevy to beat the fords and the rest of them. I think we all can get caught up in that way of thinking. We want to think that out brand is better than someone else�s brand. I believe that is what is wrong with MIVHNTR.

In the future I am thinking about buying me another 1/2 ton or smaller gas powered truck. I would consider a Chevy, Tundra or maybe a Ford, who knows. As far as GM taking a bailout that does not bother me one bit. There are other things to worry about in this life and GM taking a bailout is not going to cause me to get my dandruff up. Go out and buy whatever brand of vehicle you want and be happy. No matter what you buy someone is going to have some negative comment about it. Who cares as long as you are happy. Like the song goes, don�t worry be happy.

NEVER GIVE UP
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by Swift

20K trouble free miles.

Thanks for the reply.

No problem! Also it's a 4x4 forgot that part.

220 Swift still king.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

I recently traded a 2004 Chevy 2500 Quad Cab HD 4x4 with 6.0 gas engine and 4.10 rear end. It was a short bed and did everything I ever asked of it. It didn't have a very good turning radius and I averaged about 13 mpg. I traded it this past August with 68K on it.

I bought a 2011 Tundra Double Cab 4x4 with 5.7 with 4.30 rear end and a short bed. This truck provides a very nice ride, plenty of power and very good off road capability if I take off the traction control. I have about 7700 miles on it and have averaged 17.1 MPG so far.

Just my experience.

Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2006 model year for GM was pre-V8 to 4 cyl. operation, which is said to be at the root of the oil consumption problems now, in those trucks.

Had well over 50K on my '06 Sierra Z71 (5.3L aluminum), never had excessive oil consumption issues between changes and I generally went 5K between them.

Aside from all the cyber spittle about bailouts; where the money goes; etc, it is well to remember that most, if not all, Nip automakers were heavily-subsized by their home government, which may or may not account for their initial success in gaining a toehold in our market?

While our government was busy adding additional burdens each year to our auto industry, the Nips were busy making sure their manufacturers' products could be sold here at a profit.

When it eventually became economically feasible to start building their production plants here, they did it. VW tried that many years ago in PA and it never worked out, back when they gave it a whirl. Depends on who ya asked, as to why.

Some blame VW, some blame unionization?

I buy GM because they've been pretty good to me over many years. Looked seriously at a new Taco in '02, couldn't pass up the much better price on a new S-10 ZR2 back then (still one of my favorite trucks). Many friends drive Toyotas, but the new Tundras look pretty fugly to me. Have owned Dodge trucks, will never own another one. So be it.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dubePA

Aside from all the cyber spittle about bailouts; where the money goes; etc, it is well to remember that most, if not all, Nip automakers were heavily-subsized by their home government, which may or may not account for their initial success in gaining a toehold in our market?

Point being...THEIR HOME government.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Theres some awfully nice trucks being made now. While the brand loyal banter is fun theres no need cheating yourself out of trying something you like due to brand pride. I used to live eat and breathe Fords. Wouldnt drive anything else and even raced Fords on dirt when almost no one else was. I guess age has mellowed me now cause I have a Ram a Silverado and an F150... They all have their strengths and weaknesses and I like all 3... so buy and drive whatever makes ya happy.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just got back from a 1100 mile trip in '12 Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab 4x4. Speeds from 70-78 mph and quite a bit of crosswind/headwind, averaged right at 16.5 mpg for the entire trip. 3 guys and hunting gear. FWIW.

V
VAhuntr Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by duckster
Just got back from a 1100 mile trip in '12 Chevy 1/2 ton crew cab 4x4. Speeds from 70-78 mph and quite a bit of crosswind/headwind, averaged right at 16.5 mpg for the entire trip. 3 guys and hunting gear. FWIW.

Not bad. Do you have the aluminum block 5.3 with AFM?

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, it is a half ton with the 5.3. I don't recall the gearing off the top of my head.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a diehard Chevy fan for most of my life but eventually bought a 99 Dodge 1/2 ton QC 4x4, it was ordered exactly as I wanted but the fuel mileage was horrible, I traded and went upside down for a 99 3/4 ton QC 4x4 Cummins and drove it 82K and sold it. Finances didn't allow another until I bought a used 01 to match my 99, loved it until diesel went to 3.50/gl.

I have been in my 05 Frontier 4x2 for six years and 150K, and I really want another fullsize 4x4 now.

I have looked at several and taken a few test drives and my favorite exterior is the new Chevy/GMC, but one issue is just gnawing me...the bailout money.

With two girls headed off to college in December I won't be buying new, maybe go go look for a first or second gen Dodge.

Originally Posted by 7_08FAN
I currently have three Toyota Tacoma's..but I see both sides of the "it's made in America and pays Americans salaries". It is a company still owned by Japanese investors and the profits go there..I think most of the bashers would have a little different opinion if you had spent five years of your life fighting for your life and now sending ANY money their way.. Bash me if you wish..but I can tell you for sure my dad had hard feelings this way and I did not buy anything Japanese while he was alive..Yes, I see both sides of it..

My Nissan has been a pretty good truck, I went Japanese because in my experience, Japanese trucks and cars rattled less especially with high mileage.

I will say I was disappointed as hell, when I had to replace the window motor in my made in the USA, Nissan. After I had the door panel off I found a made in India wiring harness and a Chinaloca window motor. It is still pretty dang quiet with very few squeaks or rattles though.

I can say if I had the time and money, I would just build the truck I want, nothing fancy really, just not offered: a 1996 Ford F250 Crew Cab, short box 4x4 with a Cummins 12V and a bench seat.

Last edited by RDW; 03/16/12.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Point being...THEIR HOME government.

Yah, but subsidization by their government/lack of equalizing import tariffs, gave them an edge over American manufacturers at a time when the Feds were coming up with new regs/roadblocks almost on a monthly basis, some of which tended to impair product development/sales here.

Then there's the established union situation at American plants, none of which were impediments to eventually moving Jap production here. And if not mistaken, tax incentives for those Jap-owned plants, were another factor in most states?

If ya recall, the Japs made serious inroads in the small truck market, at a time US manufacturers weren't geared towards developing their own small trucks? Once the "toehold" was established and Americans began to buy Toyotas, Datsuns and Mazda pickups, US mfrs. finally got into the small truck market, but were already at somewhat of a disadvantage.

What did it take for Toyota to finally produce a "full size" pickup, 20 years? And the original Tundras weren't really "full size", as they are now.

Toyota makes a pretty good truck, but I've never really wanted one. Closest I ever came to buying a Taco, was in '02, but the Chevy S-10 ZR2 was thousands cheaper at the time, with factory rebates.

Few problems with the GMC/Chevy pickups I've driven over the past 42 years and only one was not made in the USA (had a '69 Canadian C-10). No reason to change that I can think of?

Everyone else is free to choose their own poison? ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 12344mag, 219DW, 06hunter59, 21, 204guy, 61 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,605
Posts18,511,531
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.