Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hooo-Rahhh....

Glad they beat Stanford,..that's a big win for OSU's program.

However,..as bad as their defense is,..I'm glad they didn't get the chance to play LSU. I'm afraid that would have been a slaughter...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How would you like to be Williamson right about now? Geez..Hide all sharp objects....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well now, let's not be too hasty in crediting OSU with winning. We have to decide whether or not they are worthy of winning (forget the final score) or whether they are just lucky and Stanford lost the game instead.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Well now, let's not be too hasty in crediting OSU with winning. We have to decide whether or not they are worthy of winning (forget the final score) or whether they are just lucky and Stanford lost the game instead.

You seriously need some vagisil concerning that Iowa state game.

I think everyone gave Iowa state credit for the win over OSU.

A ticker tape parade down Broadway won't be happening ,though.

The fact is, the ONLY reason why Iowa state stayed within two touchdowns of OSU in that game were the MANY OSU mistakes and Iowa state's home field advantage. They played well ENOUGH to just BARELY beat an OSU squad on literally their worst day.

The EXCEPTION proves the rule. Their ENTIRE season performance of both teams proves it.

Get over it.

Last edited by jim62; 01/02/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You seriously need some vagisil concerning that Iowa state game.

I think everyone gave Iowa state credit for the win over OSU.

A ticker tape parade down Broadway won't be happening ,though.

The fact is, the ONLY reason why Iowa state stayed within two touchdowns of OSU in that game were the MANY OSU mistakes and Iowa state's home field advantage. They played well ENOUGH to just BARELY beat an OSU squad on literally their worst day.

The EXCEPTION proves the rule. Their ENTIRE season performance of both teams proves it.

Get over it.

Thank you for bringing up ISU's win over Oke State and for crediting them for it. It is appreciated. I was tempted to cite it specifically as it is the classic example of what I was trying to point out, but didn't want to make it about that game rather than the larger point.

There seems to be some sort of mentality that feels that the only way that a win is truly a win is if it comes about through total defensive domination of the game. Within this framework, a win is tainted if the winning team achieves victory by doing what it takes to win the game (especially if that involves a tip of the balance scales to the offensive side of the ball) rather than completely shutting down the other team. I disagree with this viewpoint.

As to the Fiesta Bowl, I admire Oke State for its never-quit approach and feel that the win is very well-earned for a number of reasons: they overcame an early pick-six that could have been very demoralizing had they let it, they came back from a fourteen-point deficit, they mounted a must-score drive to tie the game late, the defense stood up in overtime and did what was necessary, and the offense scored when it had to, they did this against a team that was not only ranked fourth in the country but that also had a Heisman-quality quarterback who is projected as being a success at the next level. Looks like an admirable win to me.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some very entertaining games yesterday.
One observation from a colleague at the Fiesta Bowl is that overall the Stanford fans were more sportsmanlike.
I didn't notice that on the TV, though.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Stanford fans I met were all very classy. Confident, but classy. The Stanford team appeared to play a clean, tough game. However, the Stanford "band," if you can call it that, appeared to be a rag tag bunch of classless, talentless, dope smoking hippies. The could not hit a note of music . . . just loud, obnoxious drum beat. After the game was over, and the Stanford crowd had left, their "band" stayed in the stands and continued to beat their drums and blow on their mouth organs and prevent anyone being able to hear the post game trophy presentation and what not. Drowned out our traditional end-of-game singing of the alma mater. Totally rude and obnoxious. Had I been younger, I'm sure i would have made my way over there with a few buds and waded into that crowd of metrosexual mama's boys, and taught them some manners.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Stanford fans I met were all very classy.

So was Luck, post-game.

the Stanford "band," if you can call it that, appeared to be a rag tag bunch of classless, talentless, dope smoking hippies.

That's what happens when you end the practice of hazing...LOL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
The Stanford fans I met were all very classy. Confident, but classy. The Stanford team appeared to play a clean, tough game. However, the Stanford "band," if you can call it that, appeared to be a rag tag bunch of classless, talentless, dope smoking hippies. The could not hit a note of music . . . just loud, obnoxious drum beat. After the game was over, and the Stanford crowd had left, their "band" stayed in the stands and continued to beat their drums and blow on their mouth organs and prevent anyone being able to hear the post game trophy presentation and what not. Drowned out our traditional end-of-game singing of the alma mater. Totally rude and obnoxious. Had I been younger, I'm sure i would have made my way over there with a few buds and waded into that crowd of metrosexual mama's boys, and taught them some manners.

congratulations on a great win, Okie.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
going to the Sugar Bowl tonight, because I bought the tickets in case LSU ended up there, and didn't dump them in time before the bottom dropped out of prices. VaTech sent back a bunch of tickets, and the city does not look nearly as full as it usually does for a Sugar Bowl. There's little local interest in either team, so the tickets are being practically given away. I'm taking my daughter and her friend....guess we'll pull for VaTech just on regional loyalty grounds.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have a feeling UM will win that game. It's been so much fun with UM in the crapper of late, but with Brady Hoke that will soon change. I'm guessing, on paper, UM has all they need to thump the Hokies and it will take major mistakes on UM's part to lose, and I don't think they'll buckle.

Last edited by sse; 01/03/12.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
was out on the street at lunch and the Hokie fans appear to be outnumbered severely, like three to one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

I thought very highly of the Oke State fans following our game with them. They seemed knowledgeable about the game, polite, and proud of their team without projecting an attitude of entitlement.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Clemson up 7-zippo. Speed baby!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clemson better make some changes at half-time or this ones going to get UGLY.....

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Clemson better make some changes at half-time or this ones going to get UGLY.....

I think it's already officially ugly. Not sure a halftime break is long enough to teach tackling.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Didn't care much for the first AL/LSU game, now this. I thought the score was a girls' basketball game...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure which game score you were comparing to girls' basketball. Around here, the 9-6 would be closer to what the girls score.

Last edited by 5sdad; 01/05/12. Reason: mixed up numbers

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Regardless, there were some pretty decent bowl games this year. They come outta nowhere...

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.