-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Things are as complicated as you make them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are people out there who have no life of their own. Some are lost in big cities and some so far out in the wilds they have forgotten what it is like to be around other people. What ever the reason, they find their joy on crapping on good people who have a real life and who enjoy socializing and fellowship.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like Mark said, the Ignore button makes them go away.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
� that makes so many sh�theads so eager to sh�t in our punch bowl at every opportunity?
Boredom ...

It's easy to spot trolling.. And just about as easy to ignore it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm trapped somewhere between gullible and na�ve, I guess. I like to believe that everyone thinks, that everyone wants to be nice, that everyone wants to be right, etc, so I'm ever ready to hop forth with appeals to logic, civility, propriety, judgement, etc, to "reason" with even the most obviously unreasonable of those whom I first assume are basically Good Guys at heart and in person.

Adamant animosity from strangers, to strangers, for little or no apparent reason, utterly befuddles me.

So does idolatrous clinging to stupidity.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The rude and gross comments are made because they can make them.

A solution to the problem is for a moderator to control it. Such control is not being done much here at 24HR. Perhaps its the policy of management, after all its a business.

If such rude and gross conduct increases posts and readership then perhaps the business will grow.

If we find other forums where such behavior is controlled then they will grow.

Its obvious to me that some like the name calling and gross behavior and that management here is balancing the juice and the smell.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems it is like the fellow who took up pumping septic tanks as a way to find lost jewelry.
You got to wade through a whole lot of schit to find a pearl.

Quando Omni Moritati
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Keeps things interesting. I use the "ignore" setting a bit, but not a whole lot.

I find it more interesting to note how so many people feed trolls. I just ignore them... not just with the setting, but ACTUALLY ignore them.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
� that makes so many sh�theads so eager to sh�t in our punch bowl at every opportunity?

It's not JUST here. It seems to be the general attitude from what I can see. I think much of it is people hiding behind the keyboard. In our case here. On the highway, it's people hiding behing 2 tons of motor vehiccle. In everyday life, it's people hiding behind insecurity. I think some are intimidated/jealous by/of people with values. Just my honest cut at it.

Sums it up pretty well, I would say.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the real difference is the lack of moderation. You'll find this sort of activity pretty much everywhere, because there are just so many "[bleep]-heads". At other forums, it all comes down to whom they will tolerate. Here, we pretty much don't have a choice.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by chris_c
I believe its been mentioned already but you can sit at a key board and anonymously type trash without any real consequences for your actions. Probably comes from someone that feels like they don't have much control over their lives and try to exert it here. Hard to understand but similar to someone who goes out and destroys other peoples property for no reason. They don't gain anything by doing it but are depriving someone else of something. In some way that must make them feel better,(jealousy?) and in todays society its all about "me".

Not as eloquent as Ken.

I disagree, chris c. I think you made an excellent point and articulated it very clearly indeed. Thanks!

On the other hand, I find I am continually amazed at what astounding contributions one or two of our more obtuse and aggressive posters tend to make, such as this one:

Originally Posted by AKHntr
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Isn't it astounding how every single post this member makes says EXACTLY the same thing, every time? It's a marvel of consistency.
laugh

Last edited by DocRocket; 01/09/12. Reason: got chris c's handle wrong

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There are some on here that I read every post they make, regardless of the subject. There are some that I read if the subject is interesting. There are some that I never read regardless of the subject and there are a very few on ignore. It works for me and Thank you to the ones that I read every time. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's pretty evident that there are those problem twits that would reap SOME sort of benefit from prodding this place into "Stromfront" quality postings.

I'll remain convinced that they are proffessional computer geeks, retained by organizations that basically mean to do this country harm.

Candid and honest discussion of our "Border issues" is a clear cut example of a "Target Zone".

Outside of the political agenda driven paid stooges, you'll find the totally phuxcked up racists, who hate because of the empty voids in their hearts and minds,and the utter lack of real self esteem.

We'll NEVER actually meet any of these around our fires, either, will we ? They are cowards, they are thieves

Probably BETTER , for their sake anyhow, that we don't .

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.â€- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I think the real difference is the lack of moderation. You'll find this sort of activity pretty much everywhere, because there are just so many "[bleep]-heads". At other forums, it all comes down to whom they will tolerate. Here, we pretty much don't have a choice.

I totally disagree, KG. We can choose to stay, or to go.

Rick exercises great discretion in his moderation, but moderate he does. He's a moderator of great moderation, if you will excuse the bad play on words.

One of the good things about the 'Fire is that we do most of our policing. Our bitter and angry people, like AKHntr, are allowed to post their bitter and angry stuff freely as long as they don't cross lines of decency. Our political kooks, like TRH and DD, are allowed to wear their tinfoil hats with extra tinsel if they like. Penguin and Isaac are allowed to carry on their bookmaking schemes (although how Isaac stays solvent is beyond me, but that's not up to the 'Fire to regulate!).

I like the complexity of the 'Fire's interactions, and aside from the truly nasty trolls who are bent on destruction of the site or its members, who Rick is pretty good at sniffing out, I'm willing to tolerate almost anybody. Doesn't mean I'll read their posts, but I won't argue against them being here.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I learned a long time a go to choose my battles with care. Yeah I sometimes blow it but not often. I like having the choice though.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT PLACE RICK!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well put Doc. If someone here wants to see more heavy handed moderation, go to another site and see how you like it. Some of those guys are Nazi's about it.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i'm confused confused

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Spoken like a true commie lover.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Rick exercised great discretion in his moderation, but moderate he does. He's a moderator of great moderation, if you will excuse the bad play on words.

One of the good things about the 'Fire is that we do most of our policing. Our bitter and angry people, like AKHntr, are allowed to post their bitter and angry stuff freely as long as they don't cross lines of decency. Our political kooks, like TRH and DD, are allowed to wear their tinfoil hats with extra tinsel if they like. Penguin and Isaac are allowed to carry on their bookmaking schemes (although how Isaac stays solvent is beyond me, but that's not up to the 'Fire to regulate!).

I like the complexity of the 'Fire's interactions, and aside from the truly nasty trolls who are bent on destruction of the site or its members, who Rick is pretty good at sniffing out, I'm willing to tolerate almost anybody. Doesn't mean I'll read their posts, but I won't argue against them being here.

Spoken like a true American.

Travis

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Rick exercised great discretion in his moderation, but moderate he does. He's a moderator of great moderation, if you will excuse the bad play on words.

Spoken like a true American.

Travis

+1!

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.