Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by deflave
I can't believe anybody responds to these [bleep] morons.

Travis

Yeah, but I respond to that guy that drinks out of the carton!
grin

Well, hell. Even I have something useful once in awhile. grin

Travis

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Funny, the number of lunatics registered here that say the same thing when I see their posts.

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

I don't toggle, life is a lot quieter...

Wow I got an ignore??? But, I'm such a people person laugh

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by renegade50
civilians dont understand
military branches being able to taunt each other
they dont comprehend it man

I'm prior USMC, combat vet.

You won't catch me walking up to a squid in an airport and hackin on him as a complete stranger and expecting him to find it funny.

That's common sense.

You gotta know a guy pretty well and you gotta be sure he's gonna "get" the humor before you start hackin on a guy about their branch of service.

But you know that.

You know that's true in real life, and the internet is no differnt.

Well THAT explains the Baboon Ass & OJ references! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
I can't believe anybody responds to these [bleep] morons.

Travis

Yeah, but I respond to that guy that drinks out of the carton!
grin

Well, hell. Even I have something useful once in awhile. grin

Travis

You're a step or two ahead of me in that case.
shocked

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all honesty, I don't care if someone wants to jab me about the Air Force, but telling me that my service wasn't meaningful because I didn't pack a weapon or fly a fighter, well, that [bleep] ain't right and that's what I took offense too.

Oh and Will Mummy, yes I did wear a c*&t cap, did you?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
In all honesty, I don't care if someone wants to jab me about the Air Force, but telling me that my service wasn't meaningful because I didn't pack a weapon or fly a fighter, well, that [bleep] ain't right and that's what I took offense too.

Oh and Will Mummy, yes I did wear a c*&t cap, did you?

will mummy couldnt fit in one of he had too laugh laugh laugh laugh

dude i said you was a remf
i never said what you did was meaningless or your time in service of your country was meaningless
jeez i wont ever bust on ya again ok......

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
you was hackin on him, or that's how it read anyways... sarcasm, mocking...

"I'm in awe"

Why am I still participating in this?

We're all being played and I'm biting hard on the troll bait.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a moot [bleep] point now, time to move on.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by ShootDogs
Miss Lynn, who dishonoured a vet? I didn't see that one.

Renny-gay was mocking AkMtnHuntr's AF service.

Considering the guy doing it is retired Army Infantry. Whats the big deal? We do that crap all the time in the service. Just call the guy in the funny-looking salad bowl for a hat "legs" and move on.

USN retired in case anyone wants to return fire.

civilians dont understand
military branches being able to taunt each other
they dont comprehend it man

First off I understand military, and when my son gets back from Afghanistan again he can tell you just how bloody much I do understand. The granddaughter that I am raising for him will tell you how much we understand the military. You see he/me we are Canadian, but he decided he wanted to come here to the US and enlist in the Army, to serve, to protect, to preserve peace and freedom for all. Not a bad want for a country raised Canadian boy.

As for me, my years of service to veterans through my job at the VA here and in Canada is not a bad start to understanding military, the large pile of reprimands against me for doing what was right for the veterans and not for Veterans Affairs speak volumes about what I know about military. I can not count the hours I have served veterans/military through military volunteer organizations, and volunteer hospital service like I did at St Anne's Veterans' Hospital for many years. My Father had a military life, even after he left the miltary, life was as if he never left it, and in turn our lives were as lives of children of military.

My Christmas table was laid for veterans and soldiers who for some reason had nowhere to go, and they were welcome then, and everyday. I spend more time cooking and doing errands and chores for retired military and soldiers from Fort Rucker than I ever did for my own kids/family. They spend more hours here eating and visiting than I can count, and my son isn't even here, but they come anyways, and they talk, and complain, and share, and just spend time feeling like "normal people".

There is taunting (I know about it, long, long, ago) and then there is disrespect, and there is a clear difference.

Just a little info for you, before you assume us PFC's no knowing of military life.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've heard of Pig [bleep], goat [bleep]... mudder [bleep]...

but a moot?

That's just sick.

grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Did a little browsing, and might be picking a side of the fence. I see in 2 days, 100+ posts each for a few of these folks, and not one of 'em sayin' anything worthwhile...a bit of pot stirring and some feeble attempts at humor.

Now, I don't expect every post to have merit (Gawd knows my own percentage of quality diatribe is pretty dang low), but the few posts I saw should have been PMs or texts between themselves.

I think we might want to alert Art, the bandwidth Sheriff, and see if he can do something about this.

As far as dishonoring vets; I have no idea what was said, but if you, Mr Infantry, really think your military service was more important than an Air Force Member, I'd have to agree with Miss Lynn and Iron Bender. My last 2 Air Force deployments have been with the Army, because they didn't have enough manpower to do the mission. Most of the soldiers we worked with were great. most of the other soldiers (who didn't work with us) seemed to think somehow they're superior to us, and we're pansies because we supposedly have better facilities. News flash: we all lived on the same FOB, and the Army E-4s had their own Pods, while AF E-7s and some E-8s had roommates. Usually a service member or vet bashing another service is just displaying his own ignorance. You joke about branches of service with people you know. The way you're going about is called being an asshat.

I've seen a few posts by these guys saying stuff like "we'll tone it down", or "we're policing ourselves".

Get over yourselves; you and your little opinions are not that important to us. Some have opted to use the ignore feature already. I'll just skim over your useless drivel in the future, and comment isf I see something that either irritates or amuses me. Until you bore the hell out of me (which is in the foreseeable future), then you'll be ignored.

By the way:

Air Force 26 years
6 deployments
10 assignments
7 foreign countries

Oh, and they even gave me guns...from an M-9 up to the M-60 and M-2 .50 cal machine gun...

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Why am I still participating in this?

We're all being played and I'm biting hard on the troll bait.

Yup...me too, time to spit the hook and swim off.

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I just wish they weren't so damn boring.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Originally Posted by Will_Munny
pwned!!!! laugh
don't forget your Ridalin, petunia

[Linked Image]
Not having read the entire thread, I'm thinking you meant to spell 'riTalin' rather than ridalin. Yep, Tennessee.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard of Pig [bleep], goat [bleep]... mudder [bleep]...

but a moot?

That's just sick.

grin
Fuggin jarheads!! lol

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shaddup wing wiper! If you ain't a rotor head you ain't chit! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not that anyone cares, but here is my .02 on this whole debacle. I have been following this whole thing from start until now, and haven't chimed in on an opinion until now.

Frankly, I'm quite dissapointed with my fellow Campfire members. Many people here that I have respected for quite some time have shown a side of themselves that really makes me wonder if the campfire get togethers are something I want to spend the gas money on. Many of you have represented the mob mentality at it's worst.

I think these TN guys came here with a chip on their shoulder and a lot of bad baggage from another site. They brought that baggage here. That was their wrong doing and they were called out on it. They made their apologies, and have actually been active participants in a positive manner on a few other topics and threads. The campfire snobbery has reared it's ugly head and as a result missed the apologise and therefore kept slinging dirt and starting threads about them. Even in the light of that, they have been MORE well mannered than many others that I have seen here.

They are a tight knit group of friends with their own history and inside jokes. This is no different than many of us here. Just because we don't get it, doesn't mean they deserve to be chastized for it, any more than we should be chastized for all of our inside jokes made public.

Then Renegade50 showed up.

I watched this unfold and see it as a MASSIVE misunderstanding. The first batch that came gave a heads up that Renegade was mouthy. So, in light of that I braced for it and just lurked in many of the threads where he was. It turns out that he's opinionated, but not aggressive until somebody points their finger in his direction. Then, he is like most any man in that situation. He won't take your crap, because he doesn't HAVE to. The admirable thing about him that I've noticed is that he acknowledges that's he's "THAT GUY". We all know "that guy". We all know "that guy". He's the friend that will give you the shirt off his back, and the blood in his veins to see you have the life you want, and he'll ask nothing in return. BUT, he's not the friend we take out in public. Here is the cool thing I've noticed about him though. He KNOW'S he's that guy. So he responds well when trusted friends tell him that he's getting out of line. He trusts them. He knows they have his back, and part of having his back is not allowing him to make an utter fool of himself.

The first batch of guys have been decent members ever since they were called out on the baggage they brought from the other site. They have tried to keep a leash on their friend and he has responded to their restraint. Still, just like any tight knit group, if you start in on one of them, you'll have to deal with ALL of them. Much like us here at the campfire. That doesn't earn my disrespect, but rather my respect. It demonstrates the kind of character each of us wants in our friends.

I truly believe that if the Campfire let's these guys free of the image they came in here with due to the baggage from their previous site, we might find that they are campfire kinda folks. I have seen them actually TRY to be respectful, even sincerely apologize, only to get rediculed once again. I dare say that NONE of you would stand for that.

Renegade wasn't mocking any branch of service, nor was he mocking vets in general. He was making a personal statement about one individual. Granted, an individual I greatly respect and admire. This was twisted and perverted to make it sound like he was saying something he wasn't. I mean really folks, are we taking lessons from the politicians we so dispise with this kind of rhetoric!? Without finding out the facts, members just immediately said "screw you, ignored!" Talk about holier than thou snobery!

Flame me if you like, but I think these guys could very well be our kind of folks, but the Campfire made an ass of itself and didn't take the situation for what it really was. A bunch of jumping to conclusions, accusations, and arrogance shown around here. I'm more pissed off with this community than I am with them.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why I oughtta...........lol

IYAMYAS!!!

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Shaddup wing wiper! If you ain't a rotor head you ain't chit! smile smile smile
Everything else is just a "crunchie" grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 69 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,932
Posts18,518,954
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.