Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
please do not feed the f'ing troll.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_99
One significant thing about Allen Day as I recall was his mantra that only a rifle prepared by Darcy Echols was worthy.

He went on and on about this belittling just about every gun out there. Also, in my memory, he went overboard on the 300 WM.

So what?
The man's passed on, Don. Show a little respect, why don't you?

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Yes it absolutely was, but when you get in the pit with hogs and scum, it tends to rub off, and in that capacity stick's about as low and scummy as they get and I'm not apologizing. Cheers, jorge

You just revealed a great deal in regards to your character or lack there of.

I'll make a note of it, right next to all the comments he made about my wife..

BWalker,

Do you hold larry accountable for the littany of inappropriate comments that spews from his little fingers?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Bauer
Allen was very good at sponging off of his parents and his success ran out along with the market.Granted a manager of a DQ such as yourself brad would find that a noble cause.

Funny, I've been a custom home builder for quite a few years... you obviously have a hard time keeping up.

Allen "sponged off his parents?"

That's strange, Allen's dad died when he was a kid.

Allen was a friend for years. I've spent time with he and his wife. Allen worked hard and would be the first to tell anyone he had great mentoring along the way which helped him to become successful.

There is no such thing as a "self made man" and Allen would be the first to tell anyone that. Everyone gets help along the way... everyone.

"Running out of luck along with the market" would be nearly everyone in America who wasn't taking a government check... obviously hard to grasp for someone who's never done anything in life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Again, taking shots at a dead man who you didn't know is about as low as it gets... it's obvious you're a jealous little azz-wipe.

I for one won't sit silently and let some internet jack-off create fiction about a friend not here to defend himself...

Thanks for the laugh Brad.So allen was only able to sell off his mothers acreage to finance himself?

So is mommy going to allow you to buy a rifle without selling one yet?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by utah708

Thanks for the clarification in English, though still not aware what "TY" means.

Point taken and agreed on...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KCBighorn

BWalker,

Do you hold larry accountable for the littany of inappropriate comments that spews from his little fingers?

I think that's a perfectly appropriate question...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by utah708

Thanks for the clarification in English, though still not aware what "TY" means.

Point taken and agreed on...

Means thank you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks Travis... I find the whole anachronism thing an annoying PIA.

grin

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Allen was very good at sponging off of his parents and his success ran out along with the market.Granted a manager of a DQ such as yourself brad would find that a noble cause.

Funny, I've been a custom home builder for quite a few years... you obviously have a hard time keeping up.

Allen "sponged off his parents?"

That's strange, Allen's dad died when he was a kid.

Allen was a friend for years. I've spent time with he and his wife. Allen worked hard and would be the first to tell anyone he had great mentoring along the way which helped him to become successful.

There is no such thing as a "self made man" and Allen would be the first to tell anyone that. Everyone gets help along the way... everyone.

"Running out of luck along with the market" would be nearly everyone in America who wasn't taking a government check... obviously hard to grasp for someone who's never done anything in life. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Again, taking shots at a dead man who you didn't know is about as low as it gets... it's obvious you're a jealous little azz-wipe.

I for one won't sit silently and let some internet jack-off create fiction about a friend not here to defend himself...

Thanks for the laugh Brad.So allen was only able to sell off his mothers acreage to finance himself?

So is mommy going to allow you to buy a rifle without selling one yet?

Simply amazing how a dead man can have such a strangle hold on a [bleep] like yourself. Laffin

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Thanks for weighing in olddouche.You and Brad should give each other a cyber hug.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BWalker,

I Sure do and am not condoning anything he may have said..
However, I have never seen Stick sink to the level that Jorge did. Commenting on a fathers parenting skills after the fathers son committed suicide strikes me as lower than low. In fact if I was in Sticks shoes, Jorge would be swallowing his teeth after I was done with him.
I am not a stick follower, but wrong is wrong.

Last edited by BWalker; 01/20/12.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
WhoreheyI is all about the swallowing part.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BWalker,

I Sure do and am not condoning anything he may have said..
However, I have never seen Stick sink to the level that Jorge did.

Glad you're attempting to keep things balanced.

larry however deserves whatever he gets IMO. If he acts like a civil adult I'll change my position.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back on topic, I have been in the recent past a grand poobah of the gun switching pet load tinkerers. Now, (and admittedly life circumstances have much to do with this) I am down to a couple of older SAKO CF 22's for rodents, a 257WBY, an uberfast 33 I call the 340 Tyrannosaur, and my semi custom 416 Rigby. None have really high true cash values. BUT, All are set up like I want and like and are wonderful tools in my hands and I really cannot think of a hunt that I could ever go on and be not be quite well armed with one or another of them. I see Alan Days point.

I also do consider it quite poor taste - unacceptable actually -to be whinning about something he said now that he has passed on to his reward and cannot come and defend.

I would hope that had my recent heart attack or nearly deadly recent infection had taken my life this past month that no one here would have taken cheap pot shots at me right after, post mortem.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm starting to think that Bauer accepted the free hat from D'Arcy for his commission on the last sale he made. Now he's angling for a free sticker.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really enjoy this site, and have learned a lot from hunters much more experienced than I ever will be. I'm not interested in every section here, and usually just cruise a few. Now and then something comes up that's pretty tasteless. Usually I just keep moving along when I read something I don't agree with.

But have to admit, this pretty much takes the cake. Not sure why, what the point was, or what satisfaction was gained. I do know that Allen Day taught me a lot about hunting rifles. Didn't know him, didn't always agree with him, but respected his views. His views were gained by experience I'll never have.

Savage 99, I don't get it. Just don't.

May Allen Day rest in peace. And I sure hope his family don't see this....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brad,

sorry for annoying you with the abbreaviations.

BTW, below is the german version:

"Bitte f�ttern Sie die Trolle nicht. Danke sch�n."

I have not met Mr. Day but from what I read here on the fire, find him to have been a man I would have like to hunt with.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

grin

I can't stand it.

But I do like to say "GFY" a lot at work, and when people ask what it means I say "good for you". grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

grin

I can't stand it.

But I do like to say "GFY" a lot at work, and when people ask what it means I say "good for you". grin

Travis

Maybe it just a Montana thing. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FYI, ancronyms in RL serve IMHO and AFAIK to quicken things considerably. YMMV, of course. BTAIM, the TPTB come up with new ones every day. So, RTFM. But, WRT Brad and deflave and the MSH IG, (ITSFWI), I shall refrain from now on until TEOFWAWKI. MTFBWY, BFF,

TMU

...(PMSL)

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 42 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.