Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Maybe. It's what I would do.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Our politics may differ MM but I respect your straight shooting.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by broomd
Can't believe the guy would split the vote. Rand would convince him to step aside I gotta believe.

Now Bloomberg? Obama could seduce that d*ucebag to make a third party run just to siphon votes...Don't count out the Marxists with any potential scenario; they will not go quietly!

Here's a guy who is thinking.

Obama and Soros & Co arent stupid... there's more than a few aces up their sleaves.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I think Republicans will gain the Senate. I would rather have Obama back in with a Republican Congress than have Romney in with no opposition in Congress. At least with Obama we can hope for gridlock.

I cannot in good conscience vote for anyone but Ron Paul, even if I have to write him in.

The Republicans are so afraid of Ron Paul they are trying to hold his son hostage. They are as terrified of the Constitution as the Democrats.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by robertkirksey
The Republicans ... are as terrified of the Constitution as the Democrats.
Very true.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You guys are way past the Kool-Aid phase.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
here's the comedy video of his performance on bin Laden last night.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/17/video-paul-vs-newt-on-osama-bin-laden/
I didn't watch the debate so hadn't seen that. I'm not sure if I'm glad that now I have. O....M....G....!!! shocked crazy

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
That's the point Steve. You think all the oldsters in South Florida were born in Tallahassee? Half the people in Houston are Yankees and were born someplace else. I wouldn't call the guy my friend, but I know him pretty well. His grandparents were from here and his parents are both noted surgeons in Houston metro. He spent his life there before going to college. As for Kansas, you ever talk to somebody from Coffeyville? Not much different than somebody from Denison.

There's a lot of people from Michigan, Wisconsin, what-have-you, in Texas cities, especially Houston.

you do have a lot of folks from the north in Houston and Dallas now, but in the 50s and 60s, Houston was still a Texas town, and Midland still is. I can assure you nobody would mistake my accent for California.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by robertkirksey
Most of you guys do not like Obama. I, myself do not like Obama, but a rational comparison between Obama and "W" will show that "W" did much more harm to this country than Obama has and would reasonably be able to do. Especially if the House grew a backbone and the Republicans took the Senate.

Bush started two illegal wars. Obama one.

Bush started TARP. Obama followed Bush's lead.

Bush created the Department of Homeland Security. This is the worst thing that has happened to these united states in my lifetime. Think SS, the Gestapo and the KGB on steroids.

Bush signed the "Patriot" Act. Obama in following Bush's lead has illegally ended habeas corpus and gained the power to imprison American citizens indefinitely without being charged with a crime.

Ron Paul or Obama will be in the white house in '13. Who do you want?

Really?

Ding! Ding! I think we have a Winner!

somebody trying to get a jump on the 2012 KOTY

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Yep...he'll pick up his scattered marbles and move to his section of the school yard to play his game. He'll do what that idiot Perot did, split the vote and elect an otherwise loser.

The vote is split already.

Libertarian principals have always been the foundation of traditional conservatism in America. The neocons have corrupted the GOP so badly that the libertarian minded faction refuses to go along with it any longer.

The libertarian Republicans aren't going to vote for whatever leftist du jour that the neocons push to the front,...regardless of whether Ron Paul goes third party or not.

If you don't like the fact that the GOP is split, blame the neocons for infecting it with FDR style leftism.

Libertarians have their own party. They can run anybody they want in the general election. There's no need for them to be RINO's when they are Libertarians and hold the Republican party in such low esteem. Better to take neo-Republican Ron Paul and go be Libertarians and true to yourselves than masquerade as Republicans and be somewhere you don't wanna be.

RP's performance last night was appalling. Simply appalling. He couldn't even take a simple ground ball question about Osama and get it right without spewing his left-field foreign policy gibberish and demonstrating how far out of synch he is with mainstream American thought.

RP's greatest enemy is RP. When he gets up on natiional TV and acts like that he shoots any chance, however remote, he might have of getting at least the nomination right in the foot. He comes across as a whiney crazy old man and the majority of Americans won't...can't...vote for somebody like that. He needs to head back to Texas and maybe put out a newsletter for his drones, hopefully writing and reading it in toto this time before he publishes it.

As for Rand, I feel sorry for him, as that had to be embarrassing last night.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LouisB
Wanta make a bet he ends up being the reason the incumbent wins.

Yep...he'll pick up his scattered marbles and move to his section of the school yard to play his game. He'll do what that idiot Perot did, split the vote and elect an otherwise loser.

Ron Paul will not split the vote becuase there is no vote to split. Many of you think if Paul steps aside that his supporters will automatically vote for another Republican. That is faulty reasoning. If one is a voter of principle, i.e. liberty and freedom, then there are no other choice other than Ron Paul.

Why vote for Republican Progressives that are no better than Obama.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's the point Steve. You think all the oldsters in South Florida were born in Tallahassee? Half the people in Houston are Yankees and were born someplace else. I wouldn't call the guy my friend, but I know him pretty well. His grandparents were from here and his parents are both noted surgeons in Houston metro. He spent his life there before going to college. As for Kansas, you ever talk to somebody from Coffeyville? Not much different than somebody from Denison.

There's a lot of people from Michigan, Wisconsin, what-have-you, in Texas cities, especially Houston.

you do have a lot of folks from the north in Houston and Dallas now, but in the 50s and 60s, Houston was still a Texas town, and Midland still is. I can assure you nobody would mistake my accent for California.
Well now I gotta go back and read to rememberize what I was educating you on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DELGUE

Libertarians have their own party. They can run anybody they want in the general election. There's no need for them to be RINO's when they are Libertarians and hold the Republican party in such low esteem. Better to take neo-Republican Ron Paul and go be Libertarians and true to yourselves than masquerade as Republicans and be somewhere you don't wanna be.

RP's performance last night was appalling. Simply appalling. He couldn't even take a simple ground ball question about Osama and get it right without spewing his left-field foreign policy gibberish and demonstrating how far out of synch he is with mainstream American thought.

RP's greatest enemy is RP. When he gets up on natiional TV and acts like that he shoots any chance, however remote, he might have of getting at least the nomination right in the foot. He comes across as a whiney crazy old man and the majority of Americans won't...can't...vote for somebody like that. He needs to head back to Texas and maybe put out a newsletter for his drones, hopefully writing and reading it in toto this time before he publishes it.

If any Libertarian was having a change of heart, people like you re-affirm our desire to flip you and your cohorts the bird come Nov. along with a firm, "go [bleep] yourselves".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If any Libertarian was having a change of heart, people like you re-affirm our desire to flip you and your cohorts the bird come Nov. along with a firm, "go [bleep] yourselves".

Careful, you'll get a tummy infermity if you keep getting upset. Bristoes had to take time oft to heal, member? smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh shut up!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Ron Paul will not split the vote becuase there is no vote to split. Many of you think if Paul steps aside that his supporters will automatically vote for another Republican. That is faulty reasoning. If one is a voter of principle, i.e. liberty and freedom, then there are no other choice other than Ron Paul.

If Republican Progressives are no better than Obama, then why did RP choose to run in such a party??

I guess liberty and freedom for Paulbots doesn't extend to having the liberty and freedom to vote for anyone but Paul. This is getting pretty close to cult worship and is not unlike those who blindly followed Hitler.

This is one of the problems with America these days. People have made 'compromise' a dirty word. The problem is, in a democracy like ours, compromise is how you rule, how you pass laws, how you get things done. Nobody gets everything they want, but everybody gets something they want. And each side can go back to it's base and claim a (partial) win and have something to show for it. But now it seems everybody wants things to go exactly how they want it to or they shut down the government or petulantly refuse to vote like spoiled children. If you don't wanna vote, don't vote, but then you lose any say in who gets chosen and what policies get promoted.

Compromise is not a dirty word, people. The sooner people realize that, the sooner we can get back to governing this country and getting things done instead of playing gridlock and putting parties and elections ahead of the good of the country.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Nobody's "mistaking" his accent. He sounds like he's from some city. More and more "southern" accents are just "country" and all else is "city". Bush sounded country enough. Whether it was faked, I dunno. He sounded plenty stupid when he said "nukular". I can't imagine that he didn't know how to pronounce it properly as I was never in the crowd who thought he really was dumb.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rrroae

Go ahead. Ride RP down in flames again this election cycle if it gives you a warm and fuzzy. Take your toys and go home. Act like spoiled brats who pitch a fit if they don't get their way.

I've told you before, and I'll tell you again. You're making a mistake making this all about RP. You should be making it about his fiscal ideas, because they are larger than the man. You do RP, yourselves, and the country a disservice by giving up and running off to your corner to sulk instead of continuing to promote his fiscal ideas.

You disenfranchise only yourselves.

Last edited by DELGUE; 01/17/12.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Paul is sunk.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude

If Republican Progressives are no better than Obama, then why did RP choose to run in such a party??

I guess liberty and freedom for Paulbots doesn't extend to having the liberty and freedom to vote for anyone but Paul. This is getting pretty close to cult worship and is not unlike those who blindly followed Hitler.

This is one of the problems with America these days. People have made 'compromise' a dirty word. The problem is, in a democracy like ours, compromise is how you rule, how you pass laws, how you get things done. Nobody gets everything they want, but everybody gets something they want. And each side can go back to it's base and claim a (partial) win and have something to show for it. But now it seems everybody wants things to go exactly how they want it to or they shut down the government or petulantly refuse to vote like spoiled children. If you don't wanna vote, don't vote, but then you lose any say in who gets chosen and what policies get promoted.

Compromise is not a dirty word, people. The sooner people realize that, the sooner we can get back to governing this country and getting things done instead of playing gridlock and putting parties and elections ahead of the good of the country.
If you believe some of this shixt you're spewing you're the enemy of most of the people here. "Compromise" is a dirty word in many respects. Enough people being willing to compromise on all these spending bills is what has brought us to the verge of bankruptcy and indebted not only us but our children and theirs with financial burdens that will never be paid. Compromise is also what brought about the AWB, interstate bans on sales of handguns, full-auto and silencer bans, concealed carry only with permits, etc., etc., etc.

Gridlock is good when the only things the elected officials do is pass bad laws-which is true by my estimation, about 90% of the time.

My guess is that most who would pick Paul as their top choice will go ahead and bite the bullet and vote for whomever is the Republican choice, even though they strongly dislike him. Folks calling names and throwing around wild, loose talk, like yourself, will only turn more people off from even bothering to go to the polls. If you want to make a difference, why don't you go over how different your bud Mitt is from Obama? Tell us how good he is and why you're picking him over Paul who has a proven voting record on many of the things most of us on this site hold dear-and which is being roundly ignored by most of the people on this site. List Romney's record on guns-not his shixt-talking about what he might do if selected el Presidente'. Compare it to Paul's voting record in Congress.

Guesswork almost always trumps recorded fact on the 'fire. lol

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1minute, 222Sako, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 12,833 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,369
Posts18,547,172
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.