-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ron Paul has a goal. Ron Paul doesn't have a plan to reach that goal. Complaining isn't a plan.

Last edited by NathanL; 01/20/12.

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And how's this for consistency, during ast night RP said " I think Obama's plan to cut almost a trillion dollars out of the defense budget and veterans is despicable. So RP types, what's up with that?
What's up with what? Aren't you in agreement with Paul?

Hell no. I just asked that all I hear from the RP contingent is he wants to cut billions from defense and the statement just sounded contradictory.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Explain something to me Steve. I'm no peacenik, but exactly what has the average American gotten out of the two wars we waged over in the Sandbox? I mean, we supposedly killed Bin Laden. We killed a lot of Dune Coons, but at what expense? They have nearly bankrupted us. Our free country isn't nearly as free as it was prior to 9/11. The Muslims didn't force our erstwhile leaders to pass all the draconian legislation. Lots of our fine service people are dead or maimed. Others are mentally scarred. Oil is higher now than it was when we embarked on this...by a bunch. Safety? The Muslims can come and go at will because it is in the best interests of the big boys to leave our southern border open.

Short answer-the terrorists won.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you speaking of the video I linked or some other? I didn't hear him talk about anything of the sort, but then again maybe I tuned out after he denied ever having claimed 9/11 was an inside job. But again, I don't care if he did. We all have our conspiracies. For instance I'm pretty sure the hillbilly across the road and his old lady conspire to burn their old big round bales when the wind is blowing this way.

It isn't paranoid when they're really out to get you.

Why exactly do you think Paul is so crazy when the facts are that the government and the big boys have done everything they think they can get away with to tighten up banking laws and anything having to do with money? If I want $10 grand right now, I'll get reported as a suspected terrorist or money launderer. As to "Truthers" some are 'out there' and some aren't. This is the same government that brought you Fast and Furious. Obama's administration did most of the really bad stuff but the evidence points to the seeds being sewn way before him and also to even more insidious ops against the American people's freedoms in general and gunowners in particular.

And as far as the Kennedy assassination, I thought you believed the Warren Report.

Seeds sown 'way before' O? I reckon. Since 1960 how many years did the D's control Congress?

You boys aren't very bright. You're drowning in estrogen.

All American

All the time
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mike762
Explain something to me Steve. I'm no peacenik, but exactly what has the average American gotten out of the two wars we waged over in the Sandbox? I mean, we supposedly killed Bin Laden. We killed a lot of Dune Coons, but at what expense? They have nearly bankrupted us. Our free country isn't nearly as free as it was prior to 9/11. The Muslims didn't force our erstwhile leaders to pass all the draconian legislation. Lots of our fine service people are dead or maimed. Others are mentally scarred. Oil is higher now than it was when we embarked on this...by a bunch. Safety? The Muslims can come and go at will because it is in the best interests of the big boys to leave our southern border open.

Short answer-the terrorists won.

Here's a shorter answer:

DA

All American

All the time
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And how's this for consistency, during ast night RP said " I think Obama's plan to cut almost a trillion dollars out of the defense budget and veterans is despicable. So RP types, what's up with that?
What's up with what? Aren't you in agreement with Paul?

Hell no. I just asked that all I hear from the RP contingent is he wants to cut billions from defense and the statement just sounded contradictory.
You don't agree with Paul's statement that Obama's plan is despicable? That's what I was asking.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Jorge,

I'm pretty sure that most of his cutting is going to occur in non defense Executive bureaucracies, although the defense budget will also be cut, especially our war spending, overseas bases, and involvement in places like the Congo and Uganda.

He lays out the numbers on his website here:

www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/

Check out the first line item. It pretty much says right up front that it will freeze spending and eliminate war spending, most of which is off the books. Veterans spending would remain the same. The goal is to return to 2006 levels ASAP.

Since the country is effectively bankrupt, and only surviving through creating currency and credit out of thin air, or borrowing amounts that we'll never be able to pay back, much less service if coupons increase, cutting expenditures is a necessity, and all oxes will be gored.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep totally agree it's despicable, but I don't like his broad brushed approach to defense cuts either as I posted on the thread I started. There is PLENTY there to cut for sure, but operating forces and forward presence are not and should not be at the top.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 24 of 24 1 2 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (222Sako, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 11,467 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,345
Posts18,546,522
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.