Originally Posted by Hawker
Originally Posted by John101
Update on the Endeavor ED. Damn I spoke too soon.

Finally got to do some detail chromatic aberration testing on these today. On a really bright sunny day the CA can get pretty bothersome when view slightly off from the center. Its CA is a purple-ish white tint that is more apparent compared to others that I have test and it does inconstantly flare a bit at the extreme edges, especially left and right edges. I might order another pair to see if these is a defective unit or not.

I have tried some Bushnell ED spotter and noticed the same blue fringing color too. It confirms my suspicion that not all ED glasses can handle the CA that well. From my experience, the Swarovski EL and ZEN ED2 are the best in controlling CA. EL does not mention anything about having an ED glass. But I assume it does have ones.

A perfect example of how ED glass does not make a binocular. It is the other way around. Unless a binocular is designed around the ED glass objective then they aren't taking full advantage of the design. I have handled many ED glass objective bins and scopes and many of them show color fringing on high contrast objects.

Many really good suggestions so far. I would agree with many of the other posts and go with the Zen Rays.

Frank