Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by deflave
I ask, because I know from experience the .410 in a pistol is worthless.

Travis
Well, YEAH, since there is no .410 in a 'pistol.. Try having some experience with the .410 in a revolver .. laugh laugh

Actually, I was referencing a 10" T/C barrel. A barrel whose chamber is integral with the barrel. Therefore making it a pistol by definition.

Travis

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eat your breakfast, Travis.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE
Eat your breakfast, Travis.

GFY.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
grin

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
I ask, because I know from experience the .410 in a pistol is worthless.

Travis
Well, YEAH, since there is no .410 in a 'pistol.. Try having some experience with the .410 in a revolver .. laugh laugh

Actually, I was referencing a 10" T/C barrel. A barrel whose chamber is integral with the barrel. Therefore making it a pistol by definition.

Travis
To reply to both you and Whitworth at the same time-it's not a useless tool.

I wanted a 45/410 Contender for many years, then a couple of my friends actually got them and didn't like them at all. This gun is completely different with a totally different mission.

In summary: If you want a concealment piece, the Judge, while concealing better than you'd think it would, is generally not the way to go.

If you want an extremely accurate 45 Colt, get something else. The Judge in 45 Colt, in both my own experience and from what I've seen on the internet, is more accurate than many who have not shot it, think. Deer hunting with it would be more of a stunt. It is plenty accurate for self-defense at the ranges you normally encounter in civilian self-defense situations.

If you want something to shoot snakes with, the Judge is great for a pistol. A 410 long gun would be better. A 12 Ga. shotgun would be better yet.

If you want a fun gun, the Judge fills the bill.

The Judge is ugly, but it has grown on me.

The Judge is a good choice for a truck gun, unless you are wanting a long gun. IMO any long gun is better than a short gun unless you have special circumstances.

The Judge is a very good choice for a ranch/farm gun, which sort of overlaps with the truck gun.

I wouldn't ONLY use 410's for self-defense. I would use 45 Colt alternated with 410's or possibly just 45 Colt.

If you use 410's for self-defense, get the dedicated self-defense loads NOT the standard 410's. I haven't tested them extensively, but the Winchester looks the best, followed by Remington and last, Federal. As Redneck said, the Judge specific loads greatly exceed the performance of standard 410's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlry5KH6I0&feature=relmfu

The vid really picks up about halfway through. Be advised that it is long, but it is pretty thorough.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Allow me to clarify too...I've said this before. The Judge is not a new phenomenon. I thought the same way everybody else did. Judge=Worthless, newby gun. I bought one on a whim to shoot snakes with. I've posted my subsequent thoughts many times.

I am not saying anybody should buy the Judge for any reason. I'm not saying that Miss Lynn should buy the Judge. I'm simply giving my own thoughts on it and saying it has its uses and is not worthless. I have no problem with anybody disagreeing with me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE
[Linked Image]

Holy [bleep] that made me laugh!

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have used and hunted with a 10" .410 Contender barrel. They suck donkey balls for the harvesting of small game. Quite obviously if you throw in a a barrel/cylinder gap and shorter barrel your suck value only increases.

People claim it's a great snake gun. It won't be. Because you will have to stand over the snake to hit the poor, [bleep] creature.

I don't find inaccurate, heavy, ineffective guns "fun". But if you do, have at it.

I can handle ugly, just ask any number of women I've left the bar with. Worthlessness, I cannot abide...

I agree it would be a good truck gun if you left your doors unlocked and the Judge was left in plain sight on the dashboard. Perhaps somebody might take pity on you and take it. This could leave you vulnerable to your enemies though, they may seize the opportunity to place a second Judge on your dashboard. Then you're really [bleep].

I've worked on farms and spent a lot of time on ranches. I cannot imagine how a Judge may be of any useful service.

I feel the new "defense" loads for the .410 chambering should be sold alongside the new Zombie Max ammo from Hornady. Because I think both loadings are hilarious, and marketing genius.

I think that's it. Let me know if I missed anything.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have used and hunted with a 10" .410 Contender barrel. They suck donkey balls for the harvesting of small game. Quite obviously if you throw in a a barrel/cylinder gap and shorter barrel your suck value only increases.

People claim it's a great snake gun. It won't be. Because you will have to stand over the snake to hit the poor, [bleep] creature.

I don't find inaccurate, heavy, ineffective guns "fun". But if you do, have at it.

I can handle ugly, just ask any number of women I've left the bar with. Worthlessness, I cannot abide...

I agree it would be a good truck gun if you left your doors unlocked and the Judge was left in plain sight on the dashboard. Perhaps somebody might take pity on you and take it. This could leave you vulnerable to your enemies though, they may seize the opportunity to place a second Judge on your dashboard. Then you're really [bleep].

I've worked on farms and spent a lot of time on ranches. I cannot imagine how a Judge may be of any useful service.

I feel the new "defense" loads for the .410 chambering should be sold alongside the new Zombie Max ammo from Hornady. Because I think both loadings are hilarious, and marketing genius.

Travis

Holy smoke -- I just spit coffee all over my keyboard! Damn, that was funny!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Travis
We simply disagree in several areas. I have no problem with that, but I do think it is because you lack experience with the Judge.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 01/26/12.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I will only counter that you have not used the .410 capabilites of your Judge, and that is why you still feel it holds some sort of usefullness.

But on that note, I will respectfully agree, to disagree.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Comanche 410 pistol with the screw in shotgun choke is a wicked performing tool!

It's a low quality gun with a harsh trigger, but ...... it will shot a 15-20" group to 25 yards with flawless perfection. Using 3" shells it will easily harvest plenty of small game species. It's exactly like shooting a 410 shotgun in a Thomson contender package.

The Choke is the key to all the success. If Taurus offered a screw in choke to stop the spin of the shot the whole package would change. If a person was so inclined, they could have the barrel threaded and add this choke to the Judge.

The difference is night and day in the performance. with the judge a pop can at 15 yards may not even have a single pellet hit the can, with the Comanche choke system that can will be ripped apart. I have rolled running rabbits in my yard that looked as if hit with a regular shotgun.

The secret is to stop the effects of the rifling, the comanche choke system does this with astonishing results.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not familiar with the Comanche, but my experience with the rifled choke on the T/C mirrors yours.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will only counter that you have not used the .410 capabilites of your Judge, and that is why you still feel it holds some sort of usefullness.

But on that note, I will respectfully agree, to disagree.

Travis
Oh I've shot one or two snakes with it and a turtle as well as having shot numerous targets. The Federal buckshot penetrated the snapper's shell, but snapper's are soft shell turtles. I'm sure I'll have more results this spring. The vid is slow but pretty interesting. If I have time, which I may not, I'll shoot the Judge today and take some pics if I can find the camera.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Semper Fi. grin

Travis

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Travis

Excellent post and very well put. I always look my truck upon exit for fear of someone leaving a Judge on the dash

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You've got to do better than that, jwp, as sometimes the sneeky bastids will leave one under your seat!

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If an enemy really knows you, they'll find a way eventually.

My ex-wife sent one to my FFL for Christmas.

Heartless bittch....

Travis

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

In that case I'll have to be more careful!!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,393 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,050
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.