Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#6188114 - 02/17/12 02:57 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: VAnimrod]
hillbillybear Online   content
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Western NC
Originally Posted By: VAnimrod
DUDE!

Minority scholarship! Minority applicant status for .gov jobs, too!

You done hit da lotto, bro... wink

I was thinking more like I am heir to the throne of Zululand and now own all these thousands of hectares of land and the exclusive Royal hunting rights.

Well.. a guy can dream grin

Or I guess I could claim to be a Halfrican like Obugger and go into politics sick cry

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under. Ronald Reagan.

CI16728
#6188367 - 02/17/12 04:10 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: hillbillybear]
VAnimrod Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: gone
You got my vote, if'n a brutha can get a bail-out... wink

#6188506 - 02/17/12 04:45 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: VAnimrod]
Campfire Kahuna

I'll put you on the "List" grin

If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under. Ronald Reagan.

#6188946 - 02/17/12 06:24 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: hillbillybear]
ingwe Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Southwestern Montucky
hbb: this is some pretty cool beans....If you are heir to Zululand...let me know....I can be your prime minister.... whistle

#6189125 - 02/17/12 06:59 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: ingwe]
Campfire Kahuna

Ok you can be the PM.

You have the leopard print drawers so you are already half way there grin

#6189714 - 02/17/12 11:17 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: hillbillybear]
PieterKriel Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
HBB then you should find this rather interesting Ditsong Museums

This is one of the best museums in the country and they are always willing to assist with requests for information, especially from abroad. Maj John Keene is the curator who will refer any requests to the correct department.

It's the Anglo Boer War please! grin Them Brits came over, recognized us at the Sand River Convention and after the fact took our land that we took from other people that they took from other people. I wonder what the UN would have said about all of this? I wish paul375 would read this!!

#6189828 - 02/18/12 03:17 AM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: PieterKriel]
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted By: PieterKriel
HBB then you should find this rather interesting Ditsong Museums

This is one of the best museums in the country and they are always willing to assist with requests for information, especially from abroad. Maj John Keene is the curator who will refer any requests to the correct department.

It's the Anglo Boer War please! grin Them Brits came over, recognized us at the Sand River Convention and after the fact took our land that we took from other people that they took from other people. I wonder what the UN would have said about all of this? I wish paul375 would read this!!

Thank you for the museum link. That is exactly what I am looking for.

I will be contacting Major Keene ASAP.

And you are correct, I should have correctly said Anglo-Boer War.

#6190172 - 02/18/12 06:53 AM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: hillbillybear]
rxgremlin Offline

Just out of curiosity why do few people call it the Second Boer War or the Second Anglo Boer War? There were two of them you know. In fact I was talking to a PH and she had no idea there was a first. Any thoughts?

#6191063 - 02/18/12 11:21 AM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: hillbillybear]
Steve_NO Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: New Orleans
very cool, hbb.

#6191595 - 02/18/12 02:38 PM Re: Interesting Family Connection To Africa [Re: rxgremlin]
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted By: rxgremlin
Just out of curiosity why do few people call it the Second Boer War or the Second Anglo Boer War? There were two of them you know. In fact I was talking to a PH and she had no idea there was a first. Any thoughts?

In short the two wars were caused by the tensions between British colonial policy and Boer nationalism:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victorians/boer_wars_01.shtml

http://pinetreeweb.com/perspectives.htm

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v18/v18n3p14_Weber.html

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/WARboer.htm

Edited by hillbillybear (02/18/12 02:42 PM)

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
742 registered (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 95 invisible), 1585 Guests and 326 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
51382 Members
72 Forums
652423 Topics
9381061 Posts

Max Online: 4830 @ 12/01/14 06:45 PM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright 08 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.