Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Never mind...reading on, looks like im way behind here...moral...stay away from cheep junk

GB1

C
C
Thanks for following up Steve NO. Good to know it was an end-user fubar and not a manufacturing issue.

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
So, where'd the lawyer go?

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
if i asked for a gun and you refused to order it, i would walk out and never come back again. your job is to sell me a gun, not be Obama and tell me what i REALLY want.

I missed this fr some reason back when it was posted... But the ATR has come back up and I need to respond to this comment...

I transfer guns for friends for free. If you decide not to inconvenience me because of your own horrible taste I can live with that! wink

Gene L asked why I refuse to deal with Mossberg and that is simply because they sponsored Buck McNeeley and refused to dump him even after Buck got popped for same day airborne caribou hunting here in AK. After it was pointed out how Buck was spinning a Mossberg shotgun muzzle into a concrete pad while talking to the audience they refused to even respond... And there are other reasons atop the junk factor.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
G
Well worth the read if you are interested in this injury case...

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flmdce/8:2007cv00262/190822/185/

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The link doesn't work

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Changing SNs...or getting friends, family, and employees to help?! CLass act.

Originally Posted by gloomhound
Well worth the read if you are interested in this injury case...

http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/florida/flmdce/8:2007cv00262/190822/185/

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The link worked for me. You have to down load the PDF.

"According to Willey, a second incident involving the gun being thrown resulted in
a long rod inside the bolt action, including springs and half-moon washers, falling out of the
rifle."

If there were such parts inside the bolt it would lead credence to this guys story.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The guy took the bolt apart trying to "smooth it up" & "fix it"
(sounds like a tweaker)

Also hitting it with a hammer to get the bolt closed???
(also sounds like a tweaker)

Wasn't legally entitled to own a gun because of his criminal background?
(more tweaking? grin)

Neighbor testified they were drunk every day before 8:00 AM.

Plaintiff testified he couldn't remember if he got [bleep] up on the day it happened??? grin

IMO the plaintiff & his girlfriend should both be sitting somewhere in bright orange jumpsuits thinking about the lifestyle they're pursuing...
Not sitting in a courtroom looking at collecting "Damages" from a situation they created...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Attorney_Holt
A total of 3 men have suffered extensive injury from the Mossberg 100 ATR (which is a bolt action rifle). The assembly pin (sometimes referred to as the bolt head pin or retaining pin) is breaking. The gun will then fire when the locking lugs are not locked causing the gun to blow a user's face off. This happened to two of the men --and both were airlifted to a local trauma center, and the third has injuries to his hand. I am set for trial in April in Tampa Florida. Any information/input would be welcomed. Over the last two years I have learned alot but am always trying to understand all this a little better.

This is a lie...

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
The guy took the bolt apart trying to "smooth it up" & "fix it"
(sounds like a tweaker)

Also hitting it with a hammer to get the bolt closed???
(also sounds like a tweaker)

Wasn't legally entitled to own a gun because of his criminal background?
(more tweaking? grin)

Neighbor testified they were drunk every day before 8:00 AM.

Plaintiff testified he couldn't remember if he got [bleep] up on the day it happened??? grin

IMO the plaintiff & his girlfriend should both be sitting somewhere in bright orange jumpsuits thinking about the lifestyle they're pursuing...
Not sitting in a courtroom looking at collecting "Damages" from a situation they created...

Darwin nominee.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Originally Posted by Attorney_Holt
A total of 3 men have suffered extensive injury from the Mossberg 100 ATR (which is a bolt action rifle). The assembly pin (sometimes referred to as the bolt head pin or retaining pin) is breaking. The gun will then fire when the locking lugs are not locked causing the gun to blow a user's face off. This happened to two of the men --and both were airlifted to a local trauma center, and the third has injuries to his hand. I am set for trial in April in Tampa Florida. Any information/input would be welcomed. Over the last two years I have learned alot but am always trying to understand all this a little better.

This is a lie...

You are the one that is lying, because one of them is the son of a man that I went to school with

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FVA
The link worked for me. You have to down load the PDF.

"According to Willey, a second incident involving the gun being thrown resulted in
a long rod inside the bolt action, including springs and half-moon washers, falling out of the
rifle."

If there were such parts inside the bolt it would lead credence to this guys story.

This link will work , but doesn't as posted above if I try to clink on it

Link

Last edited by jwp475; 02/17/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still don't believe any of this.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Stick your head in the sand, the young man that I know needed reconstructive face surgery.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Horrible, I will never buy one and advise against it as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reading that court document, I wouldn't award the plaintiff anything but another ATR!

That idiot is a perfect example of morale hazard. Bet he can't get insurance either!

I can't believe he actually hammered the bolt back in! And the gunsmith testified that would be a symptom of improper assembly/damage.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In my opinion all guns should be sold with a tag that reads "buyer assumes all risks".
The first thing everyone does when they buy a new rifle is they start tweaking or they think they are a certified gunsmith and start hammering the bolt back in. whether it be adjusting the triggers, polishing a bolt smothing the lugs or cooking up some reloads; all risks associated with these common practices are NOT the manufacturers problem. YOU DID IT, NOW LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. Quit trying to blame someone else for your lapse in good judgement. one other thing, Beer and guns do not mix. It's fine by me if you want to go to camp and get drunk but stay away from the firearms.

I believe in the owners manuals it does say problems with the firearm should be handled by a certified gunsmith. doubt the guy was a certified gunsmith that hammered the bolt back in. case dismised.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The gentleman that I personally know did nothing but purchase the rifle and factory ammo and the sight the rifle in and go hunting. He shoots a deer (killed BtW) and the bolt flies out and hits him in the face

Hardly see how it is his fault

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Still don't believe any of this.

What you "believe" doesn't matter at all.....the design is lousy.A broken or missing pin is completely foreseeable,in which case the locking lugs would not engage;nevermind that it is likely a cheap hunk of metal,likely to break or fall out.....I mean the lugs would not engage when the bolt handle was turned down!What a complete piece of junk.....

In addition, there was testimony the rifle would still fire without the lugs engaging,sort of reminiscent of the old Ross rifle,or the old two piece firing pin of the original Springfield.Bad design.

Even a drunken,incompetent stiff shouldn't have to suffer having his face blown off by a cheap design of that type.Mossberg will likely get what they deserve for putting crap like that on the market.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,708
Posts18,475,359
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.