Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
HAJ, that doesn't bother me a bit. You have my permission to hold any opinion you like about teachers. But teachers aren't forced into your life, or those of your children. You can choose to home school, and I'll stand right by you in any efforts you'd like to make to eliminate forced public funding of education at any level. You and I can march together on that.

The hell they are not Hawk, if you can not afford private schools or have the resources to home school your kids are FORCED into the public education system, period.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by T LEE
I just get REAL tired of the broad brush bashing. As you are aware I did the job for 26 years as a Deputy and 4 as an MP in the Army.

My daughter is a district commander and rides herd on the folks working for her to make sure they treat those they serve properly with respect and to bag the bad guys effectively. I associate with too many damn fine cops to not take umbrage when anybody paints them all bad.

'Sides what if I had killed a looter after painting that sign? Don't get me wrong, I WOULD HAVE, damn the torpedo's full speed ahead! smile smile

OK rant off.
I'd forgot you'd been an MP. Just remembered your tenure as a door gunner. I wish you and your daughter's dept was up here in our county seat. Y'all probably wouldn't like the cold though. grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

If I was to take the argument in the direction you are, then I would add that the public has always requested the presence of LEO's....

It wasn't forced, it was requested.
So, when you're driving down the highway and suddenly notice a police car in your rear view mirror, are you more likely to be filled with the warm and fuzzies or to suddenly feel a little apprehensive?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

You mean you didn't get the memo on that from the international banking cartel? Musta come out while you were overseas.

Anyway, I agree with you totally on the correct exercise of discretion that should have been applied in this matter, absent circumstances that are not mentioned in the article.

For the people thinking it was an illegal arrest, think again. I suspect the well-intentioned neighbor's actions probably fall within some crime. It certainly wasn't a bright idea and easily could be viewed as reckless endangerment. Further, the fact that a person does not get convicted does not mean the police were wrong. Police work off a probable cause standard, not a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. I frequently preach here that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. That applies to the citizen here as well as the police.

Exactly, well stated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If I was to take the argument in the direction you are, then I would add that the public has always requested the presence of LEO's....

So, when you're driving down the highway and suddenly notice a police car in your rear view mirror, are you more likely to be filled with the warm and fuzzies or to suddenly feel a little apprehensive?

Why do you feel apprehensive?? Are you paranoid?? How many times in the last two years have you been stopped by LE??

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HAJ, that doesn't bother me a bit. You have my permission to hold any opinion you like about teachers. But teachers aren't forced into your life, or those of your children. You can choose to home school, and I'll stand right by you in any efforts you'd like to make to eliminate forced public funding of education at any level. You and I can march together on that.

TRH, you know full well that the comment was pure baffoonery! Anyone that would take the stance on teachers that I put out there would clearly be ignorant. For them to paint with such broad brushes about a field they know nothing about (experience wise) is just plain stupid.

Dude, when I saw your avatar and that you'd made a comment, I can't speak for Hawk, but I already knew it was pure "baffonery" before I read it.

Sorry, but it had to be said. Y'all have fun with this topic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

You take a lot for granted and miss a lot. What you are basically saying is incredibly ignorant. Only LE can have an opinion about issues like this because those who are not have never walked in their shoes. You shouldn't be commenting then.
Maybe I do take a lot for granted, and I'll freely admit that I miss a lot. My wife would confirm that I can be absolutely oblivious to her signals at times.

You think I haven't been adversly affected by LE?

I have a family member who will never be able to hunt again, because of an overzealous LEO. This family member will probably never get to hold his son, visit his parents, or enjoy an adult beverage ever again, because a LEO abused his power.

I know full well, and all too intimately the evils a man with a badge can muster. I will not, however, ever lower myself to such a place as to where I will paint the whole LE system with the same brush that needs to be applied to that man.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The hell they are not Hawk, if you can not afford private schools or have the resources to home school your kids are FORCED into the public education system, period.
To the extent that's true, I will join you in any march you'd like to organize in opposition to such a law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't blame the cop for that. I immediately look at my spedometer to see that I'm not breaking any laws. When I'm not, then I relax and am glad that he's there.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dude, when I saw your avatar and that you'd made a comment, I can't speak for Hawk, but I already knew it was pure "baffonery" before I read it.
laugh Ain't that the truth.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

To the extent that's true, I will join you in any march you'd like to organize in opposition to such a law.

Meanwhile, we can say TRH and his ilk like to touch little children, and it not be seen as incitefully ignorant....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laugh Ain't that the truth.

You're the epitome of sanity here!laugh

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

Generalities are stupid. Don't be stupid.

Leave it to TRH to draw an absurd Barakian conclusion from a police overreach.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I don't blame the cop for that. I immediately look at my spedometer to see that I'm not breaking any laws. When I'm not, then I relax and am glad that he's there.
So, the answer (after digging through all the BS) is apprehensive, then.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Terry,

When I took the required course to get my FL concealed weapon permit, the instructor told the class that it was against Florida law to discharge a weapon as a warning. Can you confirm if this is true? The instructor's advice was not to pull the weapon unless you are justified to use it, and if you pull it, use it to eliminate the threat.

Rick

Yessir, it is in FLA. statute that threatening is a form of aggravated assault. Firing a warning shot can be a chargeable offense here if it can in anyway be construed as posing a danger to another. You instructor was correct in advising in never presenting a weapon as a threat. Only time you should pull a weapon (gun, knife, bludgeon or less than lethal) is to immediately use it for LAWFUL self defense against IMMINENT death or great bodily harm to yourself or another.
From the state site

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y'all probably wouldn't like the cold though. grin

You got that right!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sorry, but it had to be said. Y'all have fun with this topic.

Says the dude with the ignorant broad strokes.

Cole, I know you know the difference between a rogue butt hole of a cop (or even a rogue precint), and LEO's as a whole.

It's the way you and TRH attempt to paint ALL of the LEO community that is the problem.

Granted, you don't normally take it as far as TRH does.

It would just be good to see you guys attack the individual rather than the whole for a change.....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If you have done nothing wrong why would it bother you. Only a guilty conscience would be bothered by IMHO. Hell, if they are going below the posted limit in good road conditions I will pass them where it is safe to do so. They ain't your enemy, they are just folks doing a job they are hired to do, kinda like teachers, firemen, EMS, Etc.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So, the answer (after digging through all the BS) is apprehensive, then.
Rightfully so!

Though, not as apprehensive as I feel every day that my kid attends public school. Seeing him get on that bus gives me shivers to the core....

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you have done nothing wrong why would it bother you. Only a guilty conscience would be bothered by IMHO. Hell, if they are going below the posted limit in good road conditions I will pass them where it is safe to do so. They ain't your enemy, they are just folks doing a job they are hired to do, kinda like teachers, firemen, EMS, Etc.

Exactly!

I look at the spedometer because I know I like to push the legal limits! grin

If I get caught, it's my fault, not theirs!

Turdlike, by default.
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 58 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.