Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Says the dude with the ignorant broad strokes.

Cole, I know you know the difference between a rogue butt hole of a cop (or even a rogue precint), and LEO's as a whole.

It's the way you and TRH attempt to paint ALL of the LEO community that is the problem.

Granted, you don't normally take it as far as TRH does.

It would just be good to see you guys attack the individual rather than the whole for a change.....
It's the position itself, in the modern context, that creates the problems. It's human nature. Any armed organization of men with the legal authority to patrol public spaces enforcing the will of the state is going to routinely violate rights and threaten liberty. It cannot help but to. The Founders learned to hate such an arrangement in their time (based on their experience with Red Coats), and not only warned posterity against all such arrangements, but even prohibited it in the Constitution under the term "standing armies." The Red Coats constituted a standing army in our midst, exercising the sorts of powers we today take for granted by men we call police officers.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

You mean you didn't get the memo on that from the international banking cartel? Musta come out while you were overseas.

Anyway, I agree with you totally on the correct exercise of discretion that should have been applied in this matter, absent circumstances that are not mentioned in the article.

For the people thinking it was an illegal arrest, think again. I suspect the well-intentioned neighbor's actions probably fall within some crime. It certainly wasn't a bright idea and easily could be viewed as reckless endangerment. Further, the fact that a person does not get convicted does not mean the police were wrong. Police work off a probable cause standard, not a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. I frequently preach here that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. That applies to the citizen here as well as the police.

A well thought out reply Cheyenne.

Sadly no, I was left out of that particular conspiracy. I was too busy polishing my black helicopter.

All that being said, I truly hope things go well for this man.

Oh wait, can I say that as a jack booted thug?

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Though, not as apprehensive as I feel every day that my kid attends public school. Seeing him get on that bus gives me shivers to the core....
I fully stand by your right to keep your kids at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

If I was to take the argument in the direction you are, then I would add that the public has always requested the presence of LEO's....

It wasn't forced, it was requested.
So, when you're driving down the highway and suddenly notice a police car in your rear view mirror, are you more likely to be filled with the warm and fuzzies or to suddenly feel a little apprehensive?

If you have done nothing wrong why would it bother you. Only a guilty conscience would be bothered by IMHO. Hell, if they are going below the posted limit in good road conditions I will pass them where it is safe to do so. They ain't your enemy, they are just folks doing a job they are hired to do, kinda like teachers, firemen, EMS, Etc.

Exactly!

I look at the spedometer because I know I like to push the legal limits! grin

If I get caught, it's my fault, not theirs!

That's why we run unmarked cars, it doesn't make people nervous till the blues come on, no preliminary jitters of LE being in the rearview mirror. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Though, not as apprehensive as I feel every day that my kid attends public school. Seeing him get on that bus gives me shivers to the core....
I fully stand by your right to keep your kids at home.
I fully stand by your right to not break the law.

Can we take this back inside and have a cold one now?grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Says the dude with the ignorant broad strokes.

Cole, I know you know the difference between a rogue butt hole of a cop (or even a rogue precint), and LEO's as a whole.

It's the way you and TRH attempt to paint ALL of the LEO community that is the problem.

Granted, you don't normally take it as far as TRH does.

It would just be good to see you guys attack the individual rather than the whole for a change.....
It's the position itself, in the modern context, that creates the problems. It's human nature. Any armed organization of men with the legal authority to patrol public spaces enforcing the will of the state is going to routinely violate rights and threaten liberty. It cannot help but to. The Founders learned to hate such an arrangement in their time (based on their experience with Red Coats), and not only warned posterity against all such arrangements, but even prohibited it in the Constitution under the term "standing armies." The Red Coats constituted a standing army in our midst, exercising the sorts of powers we today take for granted by men we call police officers.
Bump.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Should but doesn't. Thais guy was arrested but has not been brought up for trial yet. The OP stated the DA is still looking at the case. I am thinking he will never face a jury.

Time will tell.
Pharmacist in Okie City is in prison...just sayin'.

That is different as night and day.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

You mean you didn't get the memo on that from the international banking cartel? Musta come out while you were overseas.

Anyway, I agree with you totally on the correct exercise of discretion that should have been applied in this matter, absent circumstances that are not mentioned in the article.

For the people thinking it was an illegal arrest, think again. I suspect the well-intentioned neighbor's actions probably fall within some crime. It certainly wasn't a bright idea and easily could be viewed as reckless endangerment. Further, the fact that a person does not get convicted does not mean the police were wrong. Police work off a probable cause standard, not a "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. I frequently preach here that, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. That applies to the citizen here as well as the police.

Sadly no, I was left out of that particular conspiracy. I was too busy polishing my black helicopter.

Only if you're wishing the other jack-booted thugs well. grin Besides, you're in violation for polishing your black helicopter. They're supposed to be flat black, not jet black. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Red Coats constituted a standing army in our midst, exercising the sorts of powers we today take for granted by men we call police officers.

as usual, Hawkeye, you "don't know much about history", as the song says.

The British army was not used for ordinary civil policing in the colonies, that was the function of sheriffs and constables. In fact, British officers were extremely wary of touching on colonial civil affairs because they and their men were subject to arrest by colonial sheriffs, and to ruinous judgments by vengeful American juries.

That's why John Adams had to defend the British soldiers accused in the Boston massacre in a Massachusetts civilian court.....there was no SOFA in place for British forces in the colonies.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
The Red Coats constituted a standing army in our midst, exercising the sorts of powers we today take for granted by men we call police officers.

as usual, Hawkeye, you "don't know much about history", as the song says.

The British army was not used for ordinary civil policing in the colonies, that was the function of sheriffs and constables. In fact, British officers were extremely wary of touching on colonial civil affairs because they and their men were subject to arrest by colonial sheriffs, and to ruinous judgments by vengeful American juries.

That's why John Adams had to defend the British soldiers accused in the Boston massacre in a Massachusetts civilian court.....there was no SOFA in place for British forces in the colonies.

Bumpgrin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dang it, Steve! There you go, interrupting TRH with facts again! How can he possibly continue his rant if you keep putting the truth in front of him?!? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

HORSESCHIT Hawkeye,

Only if you're wishing the other jack-booted thugs well. grin Besides, you're in violation for polishing your black helicopter. They're supposed to be flat black, not jet black. laugh

Ed

Aww CRAP!

Its the JACK BOOTS that get polished and the helicopters that are supposed to be flat black! Dang it! I get those backwards sometimes!

Thanks Ed!

I would have ended up with my nose (and my jack boots) in the corner again if I screwed that one up one more time!

smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Much of our Constitution and Bill of Rights comes directly from the experience of the Founding Fathers with the folks who've since been termed "Redcoats," (British regulars) that is to say, a reaction to the abuses suffered under their performance of various police and patrol functions in our latter colonial experience.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Bumpgrin
Calling out your big guns, eh? Well, I don't blame you. A man's got to know his limitations.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Perhaps if so many 'cops' didn't defend and excuse their idiot brothers the broad brush wouldn't apply. But when so many cops become defensive at the stupid, even criminal actions of their blue brothers it confirms what many presume.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Perhaps if so many 'cops' didn't defend and excuse their idiot brothers the broad brush wouldn't apply. But when so many cops become defensive at the stupid, even criminal actions of their blue brothers it confirms what many presume.
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Who here in LE defended this particular incident in NH. as hooray for LE??

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Much of our Constitution and Bill of Rights comes directly from the experience of the Founding Fathers with the folks who've since been termed "Redcoats," (British regulars) that is to say, a reaction to the abuses suffered under their performance of various police and patrol functions in our latter colonial experience.

you're confusing military action after the colonies were in rebellion with police work. occupied territory after the revolution began was subject to martial law....because there was, like, a war going on.

during the pre-war colonial period, troops did not do police work. they had no authority to do so, and were afraid of colonial legal authorities.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://farmingtonpd.com/contact-us/

Let the Police Chief know how you feel about this travesty.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Try reading the responses we made at the beginning of this thread Sir.

We get defensive at the "broad brush" approach, not the fact that there are some idiot cops out there and some idiot laws on the books. We admit there are some bad cops on the streets and don't agree with them. Also some laws need changing but we don't make them, elected representatives of the "people" pass them and we (cops) do not have the power to change them, just use a bit of discretion in enforcing them. Which BTW can bite us in the azz if we ain't REAL careful.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,793 guests, and 1,446 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,752
Posts18,476,274
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.