-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye........ however, seems so low probability as to be absurd, all factors considered. [/quote]

yeah, that's as crazy as.....well, as bagging up a pistol and putting it in your freaking shower in case you get home-invaded while you're washing your hair.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Stray
Where do you get the idea you don't have that right?

It'll come to you when the guy coming out of the window--who may be the owner of the house--perceives YOU as the threat and shoots your ass.

It was his next door neighbor crawling out of a window. Now I am not the most social butterfly in the world but I do know my neighbors and I can recognize then on the way out of one of their windows at least two out of three times.

Now I am not the best friend of all my neighbors, a couple of them are just not nice people but I am willing to bet a cup of coffee at my house they would all be liking me if I stopped a bad gut crawling out their window.

What the hell was this guy to do? He got robbed, he went looking and saw a stranger crawling out the neighbors window. He may or may not have used wisdom when he fired a warning shot but the bad guy was arrested. That sounds like a lived happily ever after to me. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IF it is serious enough to shoot at all, then shoot to kill or do NOT fire at all!! Cops here are severely prohibited from firing "warning shots". if the guy is not coming at you,has not done a crime of personal violence and IS NOT VISIBLY ARMED, you just cannot fire. Menacing,reckless endangerment are all possible. I'd chew his ass and send him on his way. Here in NY, a burglar INSIDE the house, the legal resident has the right to use deadly force. IF the scumbag dives out the window, DO NOT FIRE THAT GUN!!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
TRH's 100% got this one.

Yep!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
IF it is serious enough to shoot at all, then shoot to kill or do NOT fire at all!! Cops here are severely prohibited from firing "warning shots". if the guy is not coming at you,has not done a crime of personal violence and IS NOT VISIBLY ARMED, you just cannot fire. Menacing,reckless endangerment are all possible. I'd chew his ass and send him on his way. Here in NY, a burglar INSIDE the house, the legal resident has the right to use deadly force. IF the scumbag dives out the window, DO NOT FIRE THAT GUN!!!

But that is NY and this happened in NH. Could be a whole different story.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True, but most states' laws on use of force require the situation to present a direct threat to one's person or a third INNOCENT party before deadly force can be employed outside of one's home. No threat, no shoot. Pretty simple.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Enough time in the sun to realize I don't have the right to grab a gun and run over to my neighbors place and start poppin off rounds because I believe someone comming out their window MIGHT be the person I suspect of breaking into my house and no body witnessed....

Phil

What an ignorant mofo. Looky where the SFB (that [bleep] FOR BRAINS) is from. What a surprise. You deserve to live where you live.
Yeah, but what's Stray's excuse?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

It'll come to you when the guy coming out of the window--who may be the owner of the house--perceives YOU as the threat and shoots your ass.

Did you move to MT from CA?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
yeah, that's as crazy as.....well, as bagging up a pistol and putting it in your freaking shower in case you get home-invaded while you're washing your hair.
Well, yeah, I guess that would be odd. What's your point?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
[quote=The_Real_Hawkeye........ however, seems so low probability as to be absurd, all factors considered.

yeah, that's as crazy as.....well, as bagging up a pistol and putting it in your freaking shower in case you get home-invaded while you're washing your hair. [/quote]

Yeah well, I'll agree that is nuts, but you know what, that sort of mindset gets people through Ranger School, SFQC, and protracted wars intact. Sometimes its them crazy mofos you depend on.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F

It was his next door neighbor crawling out of a window. Now I am not the most social butterfly in the world but I do know my neighbors and I can recognize then on the way out of one of their windows at least two out of three times.

Now I am not the best friend of all my neighbors, a couple of them are just not nice people but I am willing to bet a cup of coffee at my house they would all be liking me if I stopped a bad gut crawling out their window.

What the hell was this guy to do? He got robbed, he went looking and saw a stranger crawling out the neighbors window. He may or may not have used wisdom when he fired a warning shot but the bad guy was arrested. That sounds like a lived happily ever after to me. grin
Exactly right.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
True, but most states' laws on use of force require the situation to present a direct threat to one's person or a third INNOCENT party before deadly force can be employed outside of one's home. No threat, no shoot. Pretty simple.
He didn't shoot the man. To shoot the man, your gun needs to be pointed at him when you pull the trigger. This is not to advocate warning shots, but there wasn't anything inherently criminal about a warning shot in this case, based on the facts known. Remember, the other guy was a felon caught in the act.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The police cannot allow folks to deal with criminals on their own, because that's their only justification for existing, thus they make examples whenever they can of folks who do it.

Amen brother.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Go back and read EVERYTHING I said.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

All 13,000+ posts?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He didn't shoot the man. To shoot the man, your gun needs to be pointed at him when you pull the trigger. This is not to advocate warning shots, but there wasn't anything inherently criminal about a warning shot in this case, based on the facts known. Remember, the other guy was a felon caught in the act.

I fired three warning shots tonight and it worked. No life was taken nor blood shed. I even found one of my empties in the dark. I will dig out the spent rounds tomorrow and recast them. If I can fine the other two empties I will only be out three primers and 13.2 grains of powder and for that my wife and daughter think I am their hero. grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F

I fired three warning shots tonight and it worked. No life was taken nor blood shed. I even found one of my empties in the dark. I will dig out the spent rounds tomorrow and recast them. If I can fine the other two empties I will only be out three primers and 13.2 grains of powder and for that my wife and daughter think I am their hero. grin
Who or what were you warning?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

All 13,000+ posts?

grinIf that's whut floats yer boat,feel free. For the purposes of this argument, just the previous 2 to my response to TRH will do fine grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
grin Glad you knew I was jokeing...I had an apology pre-planned.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who or what were you warning?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ever_Thought_It_Would_Happen#Post6204507

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 51 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,641
Posts18,474,477
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.