Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Eremicus
You appreciate the post ? Why ? I find it raising questions about the issue of the gun's safety by implying that it's will blow up with factory ammo. However, there seem to be other factors involved. But we can't be sure because he won't tell us the rest of the story.
If he thinks by with holding any more information, he will not risk loosing his claim(s) for damages, it's too late for that. E

It's too late to claim damages? Ok Matlock. Thanks for the free legal advice.

Why do I appreciate the post? Because based on my experience it appears the weapon could have fired OOB. Olympic put out some rifles that fired OOB and I was quite thankful the owner of three, shared that information prior to my purchasing one of those pieces of schit. Additionally, if FN claims the use of the aftermarket site resulted in the weapon firing OOB, I would find that information beneficial.

Now, I am not saying I won't buy a 5.7X28 as a result of this post, but I am thankful for it being brought to my attention regardless and I hope we can learn of it's final outcome.

Does that make sense, or shall I break out the crayon font?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
My point was that he has already admiting to using handloads in it. That alone may well invaladate any claim for damages.
While firing out of battery is one possibility, use of improper ammo is certainly another.
If it has a firing out of battery problem, how come no other cases have come forth ?
So, like you, I want to know more. E

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My point was that he has already admiting to using handloads in it. That alone may well invaladate any claim for damages.
While firing out of battery is one possibility, use of improper ammo is certainly another.
If it has a firing out of battery problem, how come no other cases have come forth ?
So, like you, I want to know more. E

And he told you quite plainly you can PM him. So why don't you take that route?

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope you heal quickly and well !

There is a whole website devoted to the 5.7x28.

There is a lot of knowledge there and also some fanatics (don't remind them that a K Hornet is faster)

Owned a PS 90 and managed to actually mount a 6X Leupold Alaskan on it. It was just a straight blowback, quite accurate and a fun shooter. Quite expensive to shoot and, except for a bigger magazine, could not match up to a basic AR 223 carbon fiber carbine.

Any rifle or handgun (except a properly timed revolver) can discharge out of battery if it has a mechanical issue or is not well maintained.

IMHO the 5.7 really has no application that cannot be met better by many other rifles/shotguns/handguns. Interesting, but so was the 5mm Remington.

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Surgery went well yesterday. Repaired the severed nerves and removed most of the schrapnel. It will be a few weeks until it is determined to what degree the surgery was successful.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some threads don't need pics. grin

Hope they fixed ya'.

Travis

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
rub a little maiden oil into that and it'll be fine in the morning.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
All indications and the picture showed a factory round fired out of battery.
That is a clear indication of a gun design that can fire before lock up.
A little carbon in the chamber or any other reason to stop a round from chambering should never go off---PERIOD, the gun should stop. Does it have a floating pin that rammed forward when the round stopped?
Fair chase suffered a sever injury either from a factory round with a proud primer or a gun failure and I will stick with him 100%.
You can plainly see only half the case is in the chamber.
Fair Chase, I wish the best for you. Don't listen to a few that can't see what is in plain view.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by bfrshooter
All indications and the picture showed a factory round fired out of battery.
That is a clear indication of a gun design that can fire before lock up.
A little carbon in the chamber or any other reason to stop a round from chambering should never go off---PERIOD, the gun should stop. Does it have a floating pin that rammed forward when the round stopped?
Fair chase suffered a sever injury either from a factory round with a proud primer or a gun failure and I will stick with him 100%.
You can plainly see only half the case is in the chamber.
Fair Chase, I wish the best for you. Don't listen to a few that can't see what is in plain view.

Ditto! wink

And OUCH!!!! sick

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
dang. that makes me hurt just looking at it.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
FAIR CHASE:

Thank you for posting that most instructive photo of your injured hand. I now have more precise understanding of your injury. Please keep us informed how your healing progresses and how the companies involved respond to these events, as well as the results of investigation of the failure which caused all the fuss. I know two friends who had been planning on buying an FN FiveSeven. Their plans are on hold, pending lots more information, thanks to my telling them about your injury and the pistol's destruction that caused the injury.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Glad to hear that FC. Modern medicine is really good these days. E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You can plainly see from photographs tha the gun fired out of battery ? That's because the case partially protrudes ?
Oh sure.
Was the gun previously damaged by the handloads he used ? Tell us, of Wise One, does the picture tell us that too ?
How come all the thousands of other guns out there haven't come apart from factory ammo ? That gun and it's ammo have been out there what, 10-15 yrs. And the only problems so far have been from handloads. Now we have some believing that this is a factory ammo disaster. And our experts can see positve proof from a photograph. Sorry guys, I don't buy that kind of arm chair analysis. E

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Surgery went well yesterday. Repaired the severed nerves and removed most of the schrapnel. It will be a few weeks until it is determined to what degree the surgery was successful.

[Linked Image]

Hey, I wanna see the wound - move the pork chop outta the way.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You can plainly see from photographs tha the gun fired out of battery ? That's because the case partially protrudes ?
Oh sure.
Was the gun previously damaged by the handloads he used ? Tell us, of Wise One, does the picture tell us that too ?
How come all the thousands of other guns out there haven't come apart from factory ammo ? That gun and it's ammo have been out there what, 10-15 yrs. And the only problems so far have been from handloads. Now we have some believing that this is a factory ammo disaster. And our experts can see positve proof from a photograph. Sorry guys, I don't buy that kind of arm chair analysis. E

I'm glad you keep posting, because your opinion on this subject has been a real gray area for us.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE

[Linked Image]

Glad surgery went well! I hope the nerve function returns.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh sure.

I will never own one. Wish the OP good luck with his recovery. I had thought up to this point it was just a stupidly expensive 22 magnum center fire. Now its a stupidly expensive POS that also is about the same as a 22 magnum center fire.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Oh sure.

I will never own one. Wish the OP good luck with his recovery. I had thought up to this point it was just a stupidly expensive 22 magnum center fire. Now its a stupidly expensive POS that also is about the same as a 22 magnum center fire.

You and E should give seminars on objectivity.

Travis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had the back of my hand opened up like that 46 years ago and that picture made it hurt all over again!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1lesfox, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,964
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.