Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
PAMac Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
PAMac's Cheap, Easy, and Good Hashbrown Casserole

All of the ingredients can be purchased at your local store. Eventhough it's much better using raw ingredients.

Following instructions are for a 9x16 electric skillet (Cut by 1/4 for individual family of 6 serving.)

This recipe can either be used as a Main Course or Side and altered easily for your specific tastes.

Ingredients-

(4) bags- Frozen 28oz potatoes O'Brien or 32oz Country Style Hashbrowns + (1 ea.) chopped red and green bell pepper

(4) cups- Nacho Cheese Sauce you may substitute Velveeta nacho cheese instead

(2) 15oz cans- cheddar cheese soup (uncondensed)

(2) cups - Shredded Mild Cheddar

(2) cups - "Real" crumbled bacon

Olive oil spray or PAM

Spicy additions - (4) freshly sliced Jalapeno peppers, or (4)tsp. of dried cayenne pepper, or (2) tsp of coarse ground pepper (these give the casserole a wide range of flavors)

First off crank up that skillet to 400deg and put in your frozen hashbrowns and peppers. Spray with oil after each bag is poured in.
[Linked Image]
After potatoes start to brown stir in cheese soup
[Linked Image]
and nacho cheese leaving skillet at 400 deg.
[Linked Image]
Next add bacon to top of concoction grin
[Linked Image]
Shredded cheese next.......
[Linked Image]
Cover and turn down heat to warm and wait for cheese to melt....Tick...Tick...Tick....DING!
[Linked Image]
Use spatula to serve upon your most favored China....
[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Lynn_D_1961/ef5e35c6.jpg[/img]
Enjoy.......

Goes right along side Breakfast Burritos well too!
[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/Lynn_D_1961/93bb5ab0.jpg[/img]
This is an extremely simple recipe that has a good flavor and can be done in a conventional oven as well. To do so mix all ingredients as described (Potatoes and peppers must be browned first) except put shredded cheese on after you bake in oven covered at 325 deg for 30-45 mins.

PAMac wink

I would like to apologize for keeping you all at bay, alot of things keeping me busy and under the weather lately.... Then I put the post in the wrong forum blush Glad I'm not the captain of an Italian Cruise Ship smile

Again my apologies...

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
along the lines of my cheesy hashbrowns for a crowd, like the addition of the nacho cheese. have to try this over the weekend.

Chris

PAMac Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It's basic, affordable, and I sell out of it every week.... So it must be accepted among the masses as edible at the least. wink It's a simple enough of a recipe that adding extra components alter the flavor enough that it don't seem to get old.

The nacho cheese seals the deal, when I was trying to make it a good selling/tasting item I was using cheddar cheese sauce to thicken it up a bit, the outcome was good. Then when my wife went out shopping for the breakfast supplies she accidentally bought the nacho cheese instead of cheddar. I realized this while prepping breakfast the next morning.

No time to return it, so I used it.... Questions ensued asking what I did to the casserole... eek So I explained how it was my wifes fault grin wink Then they told me it was for the better.... blush So it is true that the best recipies come together by mistake... smile

I'm thinking about bringing some down to the boar hunt to let the guys try out.......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Needed to pick up some of the ingredients for this and forgot the "real" crumbled bacon, so dug out a slab of bacon and made some. wink Great recipe. smile

Chris

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,273
Posts18,505,012
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.