Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
#6341770 - 03/27/12 04:40 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: tzone]
byc Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: VA 2 SC
OT or not, I would ask that if one has a preferred means of payment and does not take PayPal for example to please post that info in your original listing.

Nothing more frustrating than to declare "I'll take it" only to find out that the seller has all these stipulations on the sale. Shipping, insurance, and perhaps item location would all be helpful.

Sorry OP if this is too far OT but it's all part of the process.

I buy a ton here and am finding this thread very useful. grin

Thanks,

David

I sure am proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

#6341897 - 03/27/12 05:11 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: byc]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Pushing a broom at OU....
Originally Posted By: byc
OT or not, I would ask that if one has a preferred means of payment and does not take PayPal for example to please post that info in your original listing.

Nothing more frustrating than to declare "I'll take it" only to find out that the seller has all these stipulations on the sale. Shipping, insurance, and perhaps item location would all be helpful.

Sorry OP if this is too far OT but it's all part of the process.

I buy a ton here and am finding this thread very useful. grin

Thanks,

David
I'll likely redo this thread and ask Rick to re-tack and lock it to keep f*cking "Larry" and his multiple identities the f*ck out. I'll also create a suggested etiquette thread as well. These will be good tools to smooth the buying and selling process.

#6342149 - 03/27/12 06:09 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
John_Boy Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Henderson, Texas
I just opened a UPS account based on the sound advice of BT.
I've been on this sight long enough to know who knows. BT's "job" knowledge is among the best.

#6346579 - 03/28/12 07:45 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Lockhart]
fatjack34 Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: State of Confusion
WTF???? Brick starts a useful thread with great tips and this racist prick MOZEZ starts in with lightly veiled racist commentary.

#6346615 - 03/28/12 07:53 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: fatjack34]
Lockhart Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: NC
Right, this needs to be stopped and this poster needs to be barred permanently and right now.

#6347190 - 03/29/12 02:30 AM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Lockhart]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: Lockhart
Right, this needs to be stopped and this poster needs to be barred permanently and right now.
Eh76 called it: "mozez" is another of Larry Root's multiple identities. (Oldman1942, Boss_Lady, interthem, rootmanslim, mtdorarider, etc.) He has apparently discovered the Google translator tool; he takes a posting in English, has Google translator convert it to Spanish, and then converts that back to English and posts it. He thinks he's rather clever.

I'm curious if some of the same people who attempted to defend him in the Single Shot forum will be as eager to do the same now. (I.e., MikeFletcher and Talus_in_Arizona.)

#6360319 - 04/01/12 02:06 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
John_Boy Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Henderson, Texas
Step one:I just signed up for the free UPS account.
Step two: Measured and weighed my shipment.
Step three: entered all pertinant info (no question of what is it)
Step four: printed the label.
Step five: dropped it off at UPS, no questions asked.....
Knowledge is power and life is once again good.....;

#6397602 - 04/12/12 01:50 AM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Hermantown MN
Here is a question I hope can be answered here.
If I were to buy a brand new action alone from a supplier such as Brownells or others can I check in box 18 on the 4473, Other AND Handgun?
For instance, the LH Savage SA has been made by Savage as both a long gun and the Striker handgun. Since that action cannot be considered as being capable of ONLY being made into a long gun, as specified in the instructions on the 4473 for box 18 it would seem that one could use both the Other and Handgun classifications.
If this is the case, and one has all the other required permits to buy a handgun, would registering it as such establish that particular action as a handgun forevermore?
If one now has an action registered as a handgun is one free to switch stocks and barrel lengths at will to make it a handgun with a 10" barrel and a handgun stock one day and a rifle with a 24" barrel and a rifle stock the next?
Would this also apply to say a brand new Remington 700 action or any brand new bolt operated action for that matter even if that particular action manufacturer never made a handgun from it?

#6403948 - 04/13/12 05:28 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: nsaqam
Here is a question I hope can be answered here.
If I were to buy a brand new action alone from a supplier such as Brownells or others can I check in box 18 on the 4473, Other AND Handgun?
For instance, the LH Savage SA has been made by Savage as both a long gun and the Striker handgun. Since that action cannot be considered as being capable of ONLY being made into a long gun, as specified in the instructions on the 4473 for box 18 it would seem that one could use both the Other and Handgun classifications.
If this is the case, and one has all the other required permits to buy a handgun, would registering it as such establish that particular action as a handgun forevermore?
If one now has an action registered as a handgun is one free to switch stocks and barrel lengths at will to make it a handgun with a 10" barrel and a handgun stock one day and a rifle with a 24" barrel and a rifle stock the next?
Would this also apply to say a brand new Remington 700 action or any brand new bolt operated action for that matter even if that particular action manufacturer never made a handgun from it?
Here's a ruling from the BATFE:

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

#6407213 - 04/14/12 06:39 PM Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Hermantown MN
Thanks BT!

If I read that legalese correctly, and I'm not certain I do, I could buy a brand new LH Savage SA and on the 4473 check OTHER in box 18 and at that point I can make either a handgun or a rifle out of it.
I would appreciate any further insight you may have on this BT. Am I understanding it at all correctly?

Page 7 of 21 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for HUGE SAVINGS on SWAROVSKI OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
558 registered (10ring1, 1tnhunter, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 1272 Guests and 382 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50609 Members
72 Forums
637119 Topics
9142975 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright 2000-2014 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.