CLICK HERE for CARTRIDGE-SPECIFIC RIFLESCOPE TECHNOLOGY from NIKON!

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#6581603 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Hermantown MN
Yep.

Many many other usernames he's used have been merged into the Oldman1942 as soon as Rick Bin can determine that these names actually belong to Larry Root.

RV 728 BP
#6581607 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Simivalley will be merged as soon as Rick sees it.

#6581640 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

I'm just trying to get caught up here.

Are you and Bricktop moderators or part owners of this site?
The reason I ask is because it seems like both of you know a lot about what Rick Bin is going to do. I tried to write him once and no answer. How does one get through to him?

#6581681 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Nope, just a member and a customer.
I have no inside knowledge of what Mr. Bin intends to do. I am observant however and I see the pattern of bannings and name mergings which have gone on before. I am also attuned to Larry's style and eccentricities enough to spot him whenever he creates a new username to circumvent Mr. Bin's wishes. I don't contact Rick with these new usernames because Rick too is attuned to Larry's style.

I don't contact Rick often but every time I have he's responded.

#6582479 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

Okay Nsaqam

On other thread you said 'show me where somebody is posting something on somebody's post that shouldn't be there.

Maybe this is okay in your book. Maybe its not. So I am going to ask you. Is it okay to toggle your ignore button to somebody elses posts like this.
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...ck_blank#UNREAD

If it is, could you please tell me how to do it so that I can do it too.

#6582508 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

If you have someone on ignore then what was in RL's post shows up.
If you want to read what that person wrote just click on "toggle the display of this post" and the post will show up.

All RL really did was bump your post to the top.

#6582563 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

Okay, so I guess its alright to do that kind of stuff to other people's posts. Fine. No Problem. If I want to do that to all of his posts, and others, I just bump them to the top? Exactly how do I do that.

#6582604 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Never said it was OK, merely stated that the net effect was that your post was bumped to the top.

To quote someones post just click on "Quote" at the bottom of their post. You'll then be taken to the Full Screen Reply page.

Enter your comments either before the first "[guote]" or after the last "[quote]".

Done.

#6583253 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

"Never said it was OK,"

Well, here is what I don't get. When you thought my stuff was not ok you were on me like bees on honey??????????

#6583274 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Even on your ridiculously non-descriptive Mauser action post I wasn't critical at all until you slammed me.

#6583285 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted By: 22WRF
Originally Posted By: nsaqam
People just wanted a much better and more complete description of a $900 modified Mauser.
That is hardly too much to ask of a seller.

You surely should have known better.

What have you been smoking? Or maybe its that cool air up in Hermantown and the brain is still a little bit frozen.

#6583426 - 06/10/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: nsaqam]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

well, based on your theories I figured it was okay to slam you because I had felt that you had slammed me.

And what does that have to do with the question I just asked?

How come your not on this others guys ass for his ridiculous post?

#6584309 - 06/11/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
Craigster Online   content
Campfire Ranger

Loc: lost coast ca
Originally Posted By: 22WRF
well, based on your theories I figured it was okay to slam you because I had felt that you had slammed me.

And what does that have to do with the question I just asked?

How come your not on this others guys ass for his ridiculous post?

Aw, Kevin. Are you getting picked on? Again?

#6585822 - 06/11/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: Craigster]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

"Aw, Kevin. Are you getting picked on? Again?"

Nah! Just having a little fun!

#6701254 - 07/21/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
markopolo50 Online   content
Campfire Regular

Loc: Wolverine State, Fenton MI
Bump

#6702501 - 07/21/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: markopolo50]
22WRF Offline
Campfire Guide

Did I just hear somewhere that Bricktop was banned from another site for some reason?

#6764153 - 08/11/12 Re: Larry Root again ???????? [Re: 22WRF]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: North of Liberalism in Wyoming
no but keep it up and you might be.........you must be a bottom feeder

#6805171 - 08/24/12 Canadian Sales Primer [Re: eh76]
Monashee Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Enderby,British Columbia
For those Campfire members unsure about shipping items to Canada from the US,the basic list of items that are forbidden for export to Canada without export documentation includes firearms and firearms parts(barrels,triggers,etc.), scopes, and reloading components(bullets,brass,primers).Items that are no problem to ship include binos,spotting scopes.rangefinders and reloading tools(dies,presses,etc.)This is not a complte list of course,but it covers the basics,I don't want to see a Campfire guy get spanked just because he doesn't understand the idiotic US Export laws.I hope this helps,Cheers....Monashee

#6870747 - 09/14/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: JD1951]
reelman Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Wisconsin - Land of the PACKER...
If I'm not a FFL I know I can send a rifle to a FFL or C&R holder (if the rifle is C&R obviously) but what if the person getting the rifle decides they don't want the gun during a mutually agreed upon 3 day inspection? Can that person with an FFL or C&R ship the gun back to me (again I do not have a FFL or C&R) or does he need to send it to a FFL?

#6872197 - 09/14/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: reelman]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: With your mother.....
Originally Posted By: reelman
If I'm not a FFL I know I can send a rifle to a FFL or C&R holder (if the rifle is C&R obviously) but what if the person getting the rifle decides they don't want the gun during a mutually agreed upon 3 day inspection? Can that person with an FFL or C&R ship the gun back to me (again I do not have a FFL or C&R) or does he need to send it to a FFL?
If a transfer has taken place, i.e. the gun was logged into the books and a NICS check was completed, then the deal has been consummated. These are terms you'll want to spell out to your buyer.

If no actual transfer has occurred, then yes, the firearm may be returned directly to you (the non-FFL holder).

Originally Posted By safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted By Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

#6918786 - 09/29/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
John_Boy Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Henderson, Texas
The Encore action is a multi configuration action. If it is assembled as a black powder rifle can it be shipped directly to my address?

#6919949 - 09/29/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: John_Boy]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: With your mother.....
Originally Posted By: John_Boy
The Encore action is a multi configuration action. If it is assembled as a black powder rifle can it be shipped directly to my address?
I seem to recall the Encore is still regulated under the '68 GCA as a firearm due to its ability to be reconfigured as a cartridge firearm. It is generally recognized as a muzzleloader when in muzzleloader configuration for various states' muzzleloader or "primitive" firearms seasons. (States such as PA excepted.)

I saw a ruling from the BATFE on this once and will post it if I can locate it.

Originally Posted By safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted By Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

#6955367 - 10/10/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
selmer Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Upper Midwest
This may not be exactly what BT is referring to, but it covers the bases. From the www.atf.gov site:

Q: What qualifies as an antique firearm?
As defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(16) the term “antique firearm” means —

any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or
any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica —
is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or
any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term ‘antique firearm’ shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon, which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.
[b][u][u][u]ATF has previously determined that certain muzzle loading models are firearms and subject to the provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA). All of these guns incorporate the frame or receiver of a firearm that is capable of accepting other barrels designed to fire conventional rimfire or centerfire fixed ammunition. Therefore, these muzzle loading models do not meet the definition of “antique firearm” as that term is defined in the above-cited § 921(a)(16) and are “firearms” as defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3)

Furthermore, as firearms, the models described above, as well as other similar models, regardless of installed barrel type, are subject to all provisions of the GCA. Persons who purchase these firearms from licensed dealers are required to fill out ATF Form 4473 and are subject to a National Instant Background Check System (NICS) check. Convicted felons and certain other persons are prohibited from receiving and possessing these firearms.

The following is a list of weapons that load from the muzzle and remain classified as firearms, not antiques, under the purview of the GCA since they incorporate the frame or receiver of a firearm:

Savage Model 10ML (early, 1st version).
Mossberg 500 shotgun with muzzle loading barrel.
Remington 870 shotgun with muzzle loading barrel.
Mauser 98 rifle with muzzle loading barrel.
SKS rifle with muzzle loading barrel
RPB sM10 pistol with muzzle loading barrel.
H&R/New England Firearm Huntsman.
Thompson Center Encore/Contender.
Rossi .50 muzzle loading rifle.
This list is not complete and it frequently changes; therefore, there may be other muzzle loaders also classified as firearms. As noted, any muzzleloader weapon that is built on a firearm frame or receiver falls within the definition of a firearm provided in § 9
21(
a)([[/u]/u]3).[
/u][/b]

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile

#6955414 - 10/10/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: deflave]
Mako25 Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: TX
Quote:
Rick should lock it so it doesn't become a 15 page abortion that guys have to wade through to find the pertinent information.

You're a prophet. What a frikken train wreck this turned into.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
CLICK HERE to see SUPERB STEINER OPTICS!
RV 160 1 2
RV 160 2 2
Who's Online
522 registered (117LBS, 17_wizzer, 1lessdog, 1sgLunde, 57 invisible), 953 Guests and 270 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RV 160 3 2
Forum Stats
53,503 Registered Members
72 Forums
692,932 Topics
10,012,336 Posts

Most users ever online: 4,830 @ 12/02/14

CLICK HERE for $50 INSTANT SAVINGS on Eligible NIKON MONARCH 5 BINOCULARS!

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.