Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Enrique Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I got a Paper to do for my College Course. One of the objectives is to explain various view points on climate change.
Anyone willing to share their view point on climate change with me so I can cite this discussion and use it in my assignment?

Thanks,
Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes it is the only job Al Gore is somewhat qualified to do.

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It always has and always will, with or without us.

The end.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
C.mon, give him serious answers.

Kique, I do believe there is climate change, but it is not man made in my opinion, it is just the nature of the planet. I believe it is a cyclical thing that has happened since time began, if not, how do you explain the mini-ice ages. ?

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My point precisely.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was typing that up when you posted. wink

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Enrique Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Cool. BTW guys this is for Environmental Issues and Ethics or SCI/362.
Interesting course and this is my final paper I am piecing together for it.
I am using the thoughts here as the various opinions, then I get to give my thoughts, the my wifes thoughts. Should be interesting to see how it all comes together.
Thanks and keep the thoughts coming.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Biggest hoax ever plaid. You look at some the countries that signed on to this bs. Like Spain. They you look into things like abandoned wind mills. Do a little work on looking at this and you will find its a farce. Google Abandoned Windmills, you are in for a real surprise and what you are going to be paying in taxes to clean the mess up.

Last edited by gmsemel; 03/12/12.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
just remember, given the liberal bent of most college professors, if your paper suggests there is no man-made global warming (which is what I believe) then your grade might suffer.....so, for the first time, but not the last, you can decide to say what you believe, or give the answer expected....this scenario will play out many times in your life, so you might as well get used to it...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
C.mon, give him serious answers.

Kique, I do believe there is climate change, but it is not man made in my opinion, it is just the nature of the planet. I believe it is a cyclical thing that has happened since time began, if not, how do you explain the mini-ice ages. ?

Or the farmers almanac

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's obviously changing; and change is obviously the norm.

But that doesn't mean we aren't at least partly causing the change(s).

I believe the massive quantities of CO2 we've taken out of storage, essentially, are changing the climate. I also think there ain't a damn thing we can do about it at this point.

We'll see! I could be wrong. I'd encourage everyone to keep an open mind on this and not get sucked into knee-jerk lemming behavior on either the Left OR Right side of things. At present, the issue is so politicized that a "conservative" has to be against it simply because it's part of their values package. That's silly. It's also silly for a "liberal" to be blindly for the notion.

It is what it is, and we will find out, and all the political wailing and gnashing of teeth won't change a thing. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The warmist theory was never supported by much fact.

The hockey stick graph that Big Al was so fond of has been renounced by its authors as having used inappropriate statistical methods. You can probably find more about this at Junk Science, but the long and short of it is that you can feed random data into that model and it will produce a hockey stick.

Right now is not the warmest the Earth has been during recorded history. Around 1000-1100, Earth was warmer than it is now. And what was the result? Prosperity. It was a period during which more people were better off. The Dark Ages, which followed, really were dark, and cold. Philosophers worried that humans would become extinct.

Yes, glaciers are retreating. And it's a good thing, too. They have been retreating for 250 years, beginning long before the Industrial Revolution. My favorite fishing spot in Gustavus Alaska used to be under 200 feet of ice. We spent about 250 years coming out of the Little Ice Age. And, compared with that, it's warmer now.

The warmists have had to publicly admit two incontrovertable facts: 1) The alarming models they were using made an incorrect assumption about how much heat Earth radiates into space. They assumed that it radiated more than it does. With that, the scary models collapse. 2) Warming has stalled. When you have noisy time series data, you do a running average to smooth out the noise and see the underlying trend. The problem with this is that if you average 10 years of data, your data is centered on 5 years ago. The smoothed data have been flat or down for 10-12 years. Taking into account the effect of averaging, it's easy to correctly assert that global warming ended sometime in the mid to late 90s. The models say that is impossible. So when the model conflicts with reality, guess which one you get to change?

"Is the climate changing?" is a wrong question. The right question is, "Is the observed climate change larger than we would expect, based on experience?" The answer to the second question is no.

Last edited by denton; 03/12/12.

Be not weary in well doing.
Enrique Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have always answered everything on my beliefs and thought process. Never catered to a professor because at the end of the day I like sleeping at night.
Same goes with this paper. Composed to the best information I have. Plus with the campfire being as diverse as it is, this is the best place to get thoughtful information no matter how honest, dishonest, goofy, serious or whatever there is.
Gotta lub you guys.

Enrique O. Ramirez

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good luck on your final! With such a contentious topic that's subject to virtually no real science and all biased, agenda-driven speculation I'd be inclined to consider the profs. leanings when writing it. wink

You'll do great, I'm sure.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Spend some time reading some of the articles on Dr. Roy Spencer's website. He was a climatologist at NASA and now a research scientist for the Univ of Alabama.

http://www.drroyspencer.com/

Steve

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I dunno, Denton.

Penguin is my favorite 'Fire scientist and he's got a whole different view of it. Makes a pretty cogent case.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Denton: some quick googling isn't supporting what you assert. Got links?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Time is constant. Spring-Summer-Fall-Winter on a grander scale is not only expected, but it is predictable. As the seasons change annually, so does climate thru infinity. Does mankind alter it? You betcha we do. The burning of fossil fuels, cutting forests, nuclear power generation, irrigating farms, raising cattle (belching methane), millions of autos, building dams, etc all have their effect. However, we add change in a miniscule degree, when compared to volcanos (most are under oceans), solar storms, hurricanes, tornados, wind, etc. We don't want to forget that Man is a part of the Natural World and will have to make adjustments with Mother Earth. There are no free lunches out there for energy. With the exception of Hydrogen Generators for electricity and heat, all other sources generate a lot of waste. I am having a hydrogen generator installed this year, as soon as it arrives from Japan. Alyeska has worked a deal for me to get one as part of a settlement with them. No one else is allowed to import them though. Too Bad. They are the closest thing we currently have that would answer the worries of Global Warming cause by humans. You can google them up and see them but you can't have one, because your govt says NO. Just google up Prime Minister of Japan's Hydrogen Generator and see what I will be getting.
Good Luck with the write up on your paper.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The very spot I am sitting at had between 1 1/2 to 2 miles of ice covering it 10,000 to 15,000 years ago. Over the past 10,000 years or so it melted and receeded all the way to the Artic circle. There is a lot of local proof as it is not too hard to find rocks showing marks and grooves from being abraded as a huge glacier pushed them along in front and under it. I really wonder what early mankind did to raise the world temps to that level so as to melt an ice front that thick for many 1,000's of miles. In fact all the way across Canada. It appears there have been several "ice ages" over the many 1,000's and 1,000's of years. The world is most likely STILL warming before the climate reverses and we have ice again. I don't think mankind can be blamed totally for it, possibly we now contribute some.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree that there always has been, and always will be, climate change. Back in the old days when I was in college (early '70s) there was all this doom and gloom about (drum roll, please) the impending Ice Age that was going to destroy life as we knew it. Is there global cooling or global warming, i.e. climate change? Sure, as I said there always has been and always will be. Has man contributed to it? Maybe, maybe not, but not to the extent the global warming nuts are trying to make us think. "They" were saying 40 years ago that the coming ice age was caused by man, too. How convenient that 40 years later the doom and gloom is 180 degrees different than in the '70s. Heck, Mt St Helen pumped more crap into the air than man had since the dawn of the Industrial Revolution until then. That does not mean to imply that we shouldn't try to do what we can to minimize man's influence on the deteriorating ecosystem, but in the end, I really don't think humankind has accelerated it very much, if at all.

Good luck with your paper. College profs can be a PITA, some more than others. As long as you are honest with your views, as you see them, you should be good to go.

Just one old fart's opinion(s) . . . use any, all or none . . . Ya didn't pay much for it grin.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 222Sako, 52 invisible), 3,370 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,704
Posts18,534,752
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.