Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I am in the proccess of making mine and seen a what could be a great idea, if they stay tight, but I worry about in and out wiggle and as well annoying up and down wiggle with each stroke, the in and out wiggle could be solved with a couple of drift/locating pins.
http://www.zjstech.net/gunstuff/reloadbench.html

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sure a lot of work for some "benefit".

Mine is 2 4x8 sheets of 1" good one side plywood glued and screwed together. The base is 2x10s and 6x6s. All put together with 3/8" stove bolts. washers and nuts.

No light duty Lee presses either. Two Reddings a 5 and 7 station, RCBS 12 gauge progressive, three MECs (10, 12 & 16), Saeco bullet sizer and RCBS bottom feed pot on it. Have over 500 pounds of shot and ingots on top or shelf underneath. Would take a bomb to move it.

Powder Measures (6 manual 1 electric), scales and case trimmers (2) have their own elevated bench off on another wall.

IMHO you can't "overbuild" a reloading bench !

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice design, especially like the use of white top to enhance lighting. I purchased a butcherblock topped baker's table from the unfinished furniture store. Since I am a Toolmaker, I fabricated a very similar arrangement out of aluminum to allow quick change mounting of presses and accessories. Good luck with your set-up, I hope it provides as many hours of enjoyment for you as mine has.

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/26/12.
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thanks GW I found a way via the net to email the guy who did it since I posted, he said the particle board did not hold up for the plates, went to hickory hard wood.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine was a huge old metal office desk w/ metal drawers I got free, to which I added a (free) shelf unit, on top and, next to it, a ($10) used bookcase. Craigslist, yard sales and thrift shops. It's EZ enough to build whatever you'd like but there's something to be said for being thrifty.

Mine wasn't much to look at but was hell for stout, and it pleased me to have spent so little on it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Bob,

I thought the slide-in plates was a good idea. However, when I built mine, I used 8"x14" aluminum plates. I D&Ted them for any and all possible tools and then use Allen head machine screws. 1/4 turn with an allen wrench and I can remove the screws with my fingers. Press and tool changes are quick and solidly secure. smile YMMV...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Anyone who would like a pic of my aluminum quick change press mounting system can e-mail me at: bobtwiningsbcglobal.net. I'd be happy to send a pic and answer any questions. I also have pics of a motorized loading press that I built.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,537 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.