Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Odie_54
The money that the UAW "received" was deposited into the pension fund and the healthcare VEBA. Neither GM or the UAW have control of either fund.
Why would that union or any union be entitled to any federal money at all? I didn't approve it and want mine back.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Union sanctioned theft of the American tax payer appears tobe fine with some on here

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How exactly the union sanction the theft of the money?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just visited our local Chevy lot. About half the trucks there have these in the door frames. Love a Mexrolet someday!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djs
"Most people dont have a clue how big the supplier base really is.
dave"
The supplier base is actually several times larger than the combined labor force of GM, Ford and Chrysler, combined.

Then you have all the business that supports the supplier base.
Just one big domino effect.
More of it non union than union.
The suppliers of course would be the very last to collect any moneys owed in any kind of bankruptcy
The auto parts suppliers would have been screwed bigtime.
One of the reasons Allan Mulally (Ford President and CEO) tagged along with the dingbat from GM and nardo the dickface from Chrysler.
He knew that putting GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy would have been a blood bath for there parts suppliers and more than likley been the end of Ford as well.Even though Ford didnt need or want money.
You cant build cars with out parts.
And Ford without parts would be in the same boat as GM and Chrysler in short order.
"Herbert Hoover" time, ahla 1929, all over again.
Of course it didnt happen.
The reason it didnt happen was the bail out.
Never forget.
Companies always die from the neck up.
Always.

Originally Posted by djs
It wasn't only GM that would have been lost had GM gone out of business. The entire supplier chain would have had a severe hit and many suppliers would have also gone out of business. The result would have been that Ford and Chrysler would have not been able to get seats, instrument panels, radios, bumpers, specialty nuts and bolts, etc. and would have also been deeply affected.

Allan Mulally (Ford President and CEO) said that this would have catastrophic and only the imports (Nissan, Toyota, Kia, etc.) could have obtained parts (from their homeland supplier base). Mulally has further said that the US auto industry would have been decimated and many more jobs lost, had there not been a bailout.

Catastrophic
Isnt a big or bad enough word to describe how bad it would have been.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 30338
Just visited our local Chevy lot. About half the trucks there have these in the door frames. Love a Mexrolet someday!

[Linked Image]

You can thank POS re-pub-low-craps serving there corporate masters for the trade deals that allowed that to happen.

dave

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dave. Knew it was those low life right wing republicrat A$$holes who were to blame.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
While you find it tough to wrap your mind around it Dave is correct. Yes clinton put the legislation on the fast track, strong armed some demoncrap hold outs to get the bill passed allowing NAFTA. It was Bush senior who initiated the concept of NAFTA....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Allowing GM to go under would have put unemployment at 25 or 30 % instead of 10%.
With all the bailout crap the gov did.With stinking bankers.
The money spent on GM was the best money they spent.

dave

Now what you're saying is GM and its subs employ more than 10% of the American work force. LOL you've been reading too much of that union crap.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My family's owned GM vehicles since I can remember. Currently at my house we have three Chevrolets and they are GREAT vehicles. That said, I'm sad to say after this bailout debacle where the marxist and his cronies ignored a thousand years of protocol by not paying off the Bond Holders first, and essentially buying out the Unions, I'll not own anotherone. Looking at Land Cruisers, Q-86s and Sequoias. AS to tnat IDIOTIC comment of 25-30% unemployment had we allowed the auto companies to founder is pure fantasy. In the first place, GM DID file anyway and had they been allowed to fail, they would have merely reconstituted assets and started fresh and wihthout the added burden of the Unions owning a share of the company. But elections have consequences.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
AS to tnat IDIOTIC comment of 25-30% unemployment had we allowed the auto companies to founder is pure fantasy.

People got their bubble, you know?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

AS to tnat IDIOTIC comment of 25-30% unemployment had we allowed the auto companies to founder is pure fantasy.

You really dont have a clue.
And just because it didnt happen.
You can sit back in your smug little world and say its a fantasy.
But you really dont know.

Looking at Land Cruisers, Q-86s and Sequoias..

Never figured you for ricers.
But then I wouldnt expect much from anyone who thinks another depression is a good idea

dave

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The money spent on GM was the best money they spent.

I hope you bought a chevy volt smile

You know he does.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But then I wouldnt expect much from anyone who thinks another depression is a good idea

Actually, most of the numbers have been as bad or worse than The Depression.

I call BS too. Just like their BS statement that "unemployment won't rise over 8% if we pass the Obama's stimulus package".

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

dave

There is ZERO evidence to suggest your numbers, just like if we spend money on Stimulus unemployment will never go above 8%. As to "ricers" never owned one but given most are made here and with non-union thuggery to boot, seems like the way to go. What no comment on how the people who by LAW should have been paid first went to the back of the line and the unions wound up at the front? Clue? where is your degree from and in what discipline?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Buying a new truck this Summer . Your idiotic left wing talking points make it all the more enjoyable I will be buying a non union US Toyota of high quality.

So what happened to that one billion dollars Obama's close friend DEmocrap Corzine stole from middle class Americans.

Will union donations be used to keep him out of prison?

Originally Posted by 30338

[Linked Image]

You can thank POS re-pub-low-craps serving there corporate masters for the trade deals that allowed that to happen.

dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unemployment numbers during the depression were above 20%.
We didnt land in a full on depression so will never know how bad it could have actually got.
We do know that at the start of the depression the gov. took a very hands off approach.And by the time FDR did all his alphabet soup stuff it was actually to late.Most of the real damage had already been done.

I dont agree at all with how they did the bail out.
The managments of the auto companies and there boards that needed help,should have been sacked.
In the real world if you have a company and miss manage it, you dont get to keep controll or coutinue to run it.
Ford avoided problems because they made the changes they needed to to survive. ie controlling interest owned by the Ford family,to this day.

"As to "ricers" never owned one but given most are made here and with non-union thuggery to boot,"

Well you'll have to send a letter of thank you to your president,
bamabm,
for saving all those non union thugs jobs at all those part suppliers that make parts for all those American made ricers.
Because with out them you would not be able to buy a Land Cruiser, Q-86 or Sequoia.

dave

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I bought a new f-250 Power Stroke in 2000, wanted to buy American built, guess where it was built? Mexico

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
???
New F250 in '99, new F350 in 2000, psd Excursions 2000 and 2002, Kentucky built.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never thought of saving American jobs as "idiotic".
Or that Corzine had anything to do with autos.
That strap on the tinfoil hat you got on, alittle to tight.?

POS re-pub-low-craps have made some pretty poor choices in the trade deals they had to make serving there corporate masters for a higher stock price.

dave

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,436
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.