Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 100 of 101 1 2 98 99 100 101
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm goin' after two bigguns next year, one with the old Sharps rifle, and the other is gonna get an 850 gn round ball from my 8 Bore, Black Powder smoke for all. shocked grin

Gunner

Hummpphhh. Here I was gonna buy a .450 Nitro #1 to have the biggest hardest kicking rifle there next year...but I think you've beat it already

grin

I did buy a really nice .45-70 #1. I think it will get the smokeless jacketed bullet loads. We'll see what sort of other BP thumper I can come up with. Maybe a .54 Hawken replica, or...

smile

Tex

Try the 70gr black powder load in your #1. You will be shocked just how efficient and accurate it will be.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by medicman
I'm goin' after two bigguns next year, one with the old Sharps rifle, and the other is gonna get an 850 gn round ball from my 8 Bore, Black Powder smoke for all. shocked grin

Gunner

Hummpphhh. Here I was gonna buy a .450 Nitro #1 to have the biggest hardest kicking rifle there next year...but I think you've beat it already

grin

I did buy a really nice .45-70 #1. I think it will get the smokeless jacketed bullet loads. We'll see what sort of other BP thumper I can come up with. Maybe a .54 Hawken replica, or...

smile

Tex

Try the 70gr black powder load in your #1. You will be shocked just how efficient and accurate it will be.
Randy

grinYer even sneakier than I am Medicman grin If he does do that and has a buncha fun wid it,he'll go buy a Sharps. grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm hunting with my wife next year. No noise,no fuss. Give her a couple drinks (she's irish) and she'll walk right up to the poor bast**d and knock him out!

Why, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by medicman

Gunner

grin

smile

Tex

Randy

grinYer even sneakier than I am Medicman grin If he does do that and has a buncha fun wid it,he'll go buy a Sharps. grin

It is somewhat disturbing, to portray oneself as a collector of single shot rifles, without ever owning a Sharps. Guess I'd better fix that. smile

The Ruger's going to get some pointy bullet loads, and it's going to run them 2500+ fps

[Linked Image]

grin

A .54 Hawken is arriving soon. If it shoots, it will go to Tennessee, I expect

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Gunner

grin

smile

LOL Tex, bring that bad mamma jamma grin I'll only load the 8 bore with 200 gns of Holy Black instead if 300, then You will have the hardest kicker at the hog slaughter. shocked eek smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey we lost the sticky...... Does that mean next years sign-up is about to be posted????????

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

No, but I want to clear up some issues that were kind of flopping loose this year to better prepare for next year.

My plan is to make 2013 better than 2012 was, and that seems to be pretty realistic.

So, stand by, and keep your loins girded(that's an Old Testament reference, for those who are not biblically inclined).

Those who attended this year, and those who will be there next year, are quality people, and they deserve the best.

Steve

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Steve, I'm penciled in for a re-peat laugh that was a perfect workaholic/cabin fever break, and a train load of fun to boot.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am waiting on baited breath. I got your reference.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Portsider/Ben, what the hell were those whiskeys on the slave quarters table that helped us solve all the world's problems? One of them was something like austin rose or something (it came in #2 as I recall). Trying to remember who was #1? Cabinet needs filling!

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Steve, I'm penciled in for a re-peat laugh that was a perfect workaholic/cabin fever break, and a train load of fun to boot.

Gunner

you ain't been out here yet....no offense tho... grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Portsider/Ben, what the hell were those whiskeys on the slave quarters table that helped us solve all the world's problems? One of them was something like austin rose or something (it came in #2 as I recall). Trying to remember who was #1? Cabinet needs filling!

The one that seemed to disappear quickest was the Rebbecca Creek, which is made in Texas, believe it or not. I just grabbed a bottle of it today, along with some Pusser's rum smile

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
RE: Servant's encampment liquor grin, when I got home and was unpacking I somehow wound up with partial and whole bottle's of Rebecca Creek Whiskey, Flag Hill Vodka, and some kind of Cherry Moonshine from North Carolina.

I'm guessin' my oldest step-son Rockchuker loaded them in my ice chest. wink [thanks son], the Wifey doesn't drink, however I talked her into putting about 6 or 8 of those cherries out of the commercial moonshine on her vanilla ice cream LOL, she said "OOOOHHHH, Oh dear, these are hot, Oh mmmmm" LMAO, I think she liked them laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rebecca Creek, that's right! Was good, very easy to sip. We put a lot of, um, effort into making sure they were all sampled thoroughly.

Was it Pendleton we had #1 maybe? Then Rebecca (oh, Rebecca... I miss her). Then....

Jerry, re: north cackilacky moonshine, didn't think of using the cherries on ice cream. You've just opened up some new summertime culinary possibilities. Can vouch for it being a good sedative for insomnia, however.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL Sandcritter, 6 or 8 of those cherries will make yer little Woman all warm and fuzzy wink laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I posted this before, but I grabbed a near-full bottle of Knob Creek Single Barrel out of the servants' quarters, thinking it was Ben's.

We got home and found we had two. blush

Whosever that was, let me know.

- Tom

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Tom,

My guess is that you will get 6-8 guys claiming it is theirs. And half of them will not even have been at the Boar Hunt.

Steve

PS: Both of those bottles are mine. Please hold them for me until next year. And no fair sipping on them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
critter it was pendleton i brought for you all's enjoyment

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, Bobbie. Didn't note even a hint of the rumored antelope piss, either.

So learned two really accessible whiskey's from you all. May have to drive to Texas to find Rebecca Creek, but, you know. Maybe can trade with Tex n Cal for some.

Then there's hauntingly good Norse elixirs like this. I can't look at anything yellow and not think "Bear Grylls", though.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IIRC next year the RC will have to make a return appearance. Tasty stuff, not sure if you can buy it anywhere besides Texas.

Oh, and I think I'll bring a box of earplugs for folks, too. Not that I snore or anything...

Page 100 of 101 1 2 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (222ND, 204guy, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 1,842 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,249
Posts18,525,094
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.