Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
And I cant put my finger on why, but this just says New York to me smile

[Linked Image]

HA! It has all the right ingredients...but NY has always required front tags ...on their autos

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gary, that woman should be smiling shes setting right on that bumperette !!!!! blush blush

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Loggah
Gary, that woman should be smiling shes setting right on that bumperette !!!!! blush blush

Don...or any of you other old school motor heads...I initially thought a Buick grille, but I don't think it is big enough after further review...what is it?

And the old piss cutter on the right pulling the the Chesterfield is about to have his skin eggs impaled!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
47 Buick,????????grills were wider in 49

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Kind of looks like a Packard clipper to me ,cant see the hood ornament very well ,could be a flying goose. smile looks like he was scratching his nutz with the deer antler!!! crazy crazy

Last edited by Loggah; 05/13/12.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Here is an old Colt ad that my great Uncle had up in his harness shop. Haven't looked into it too much but a couple folks figured it was meant for Spain or Brazil if memory serves, from the `20's.
[Linked Image]

First time out with my 1901 built 1895 and the old family heirloom skinning knife.
[Linked Image]

A friend, Harold who guided up in the Kakwa. They had just got back to camp, his hunter having a Caribou tag. Harold spotted a herd come out on the mountain in the background and to make a long story short here he is back a camp, a very tired but succesful guide. Think we figured the rifle to be a Remington 30 in 30 gov't 1906.
[Linked Image]

My 60" bull from the same area that Harold guided in, we were actually camped where his picture was taken.
1939 Hva 9,3mm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here's the brother in law with the 721 in 30 Super we got him for his birthday. His Grampa hunted the dark continent with one so he was quite excited. This is the hero pose.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We are looking for a camp-cook and some housekeepers. Wondering if any of them would like some employment?????

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
exclent thred and photos !!!!!get well soon

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great pics Noel i go by the Kakwa quite often ,thats a big moose

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just home from my Southwest vacation. Speaking of Ross, came home to find that earlier today I won a very rare Lyman No.50 receiver sight (that fits a Ross rifle). I was in the air when the auction ended so had to make a hail Mary bid - glad I prevailed. This sights are so rare that Stroebel didn't even have a picture of one in his book. I have several on different rifles but no spares. Great, great, great thread!

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by boltman
Just home from my Southwest vacation. Speaking of Ross, came home to find that earlier today I won a very rare Lyman No.50 receiver sight (that fits a Ross rifle). I was in the air when the auction ended so had to make a hail Mary bid - glad I prevailed. This sights are so rare that Stroebel didn't even have a picture of one in his book. I have several on different rifles but no spares. Great, great, great thread!

Well a Ross fan hey! My friend just up the road used to hunt with his older brother in law's Ross that he had brought back from the Great War. I have actually held this rifle, but not in close to twenty years. Our young friend here is now 92 years young. He served in Artillery in the 2nd war and upon getting home used to play guitar with my Grandfather at the community hall gatherings. Nicer guy you'll never find!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here is his Dad with his No.8 in 25 Rem
[Linked Image]

Oh hey look at this, here he is in the 30's with a borrowed Savage in 303. He was at a Logging camp but prices were so poor due to the economy it was shut down. They got hungry and headed up by the Spray Lakes and got a goat and a ram if I recall. My Gramma's brother was on that job too.
[Linked Image]

Back at camp, note the burnt timber, this was the birth they were salvaging lumber from.
[Linked Image]
My Gramma's Beau, John Snarud was on the crew as well.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Supersporter40; 05/14/12.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This is an amazing thread!!!!!!
A Ross fan - yes. Come to the Savage Fest this summer and I will show you a few smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great photos Supersporter, I would be proud to sport your pops facial hair, what a great look!

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks Grogel,
To be technical that is me with the moose, the kid with the Ross, it's his Dad with the goat tee. His son told me it is actually a spoof shot as the facial hair is fake, just for the picture. Guess he had quite a sense of humor.

So did Saddlering's nurse take his computer away with all those redneck skin shots?
And how come no one is posting pics here anymore???

Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
John (Saddlering) is home from the hospital, so I guess we've slowed down on keeping him entertained.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Phil99 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seeing RAS's fish photo reminded me of this one. I don't know much about fishing, but I believe this is a state record Rainbow Trout. The guy at the DNR office gave me a hard time when I tried to register it.
[Linked Image]
Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Get that one by, "noodling"?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not a Rainbow, Rod, thats one of them Rare Golden trout!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,152
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.