Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
GB4

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Are pig lips pork? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There are going to be Catholic pigs with red lips dancing on the tables? I am bringing a camera with extra flash cards!!!!!

wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Are pig lips pork? grin

Ed

You would need to ask KRP he is the "Pig F-er" after all wink ....

{inside joke} for those not in the know.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
'Some pigs don't like guys like me, but most pigs do'...

That's what separates me from the Wanna'beee Pig F'ers...

Sorry to say I am probably not being around to make this get together, It's why I haven't chimed in and offered my trailer and cooking stuff as usual. Being one of the founders it'll be tough to take with all the new folks coming.

Kent

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad to hear from you! I thought maybe you had been kidnapped down in Old Mexico and was needing money, guns, and lawyers. grin

VERY sorry to hear you may not make the gathering. Can we come kidnap you?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KRP, good to hear from you here buddy.
Its a drag that you're probably not able to make it.
Its a shame actually, but I guess that means we'll have to talk about you in your absence. grin

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Neff You, I don't know which we're gonna miss more, your grill or your canopy.

You? Not so much! laugh

Local pigs are already sleeping better.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Iffn' the creator smiles on me and I can attend, my CRV has a portable table about 4x4' if that helps, also will bring a folding chair and bags for a rest.

Currently decapping and polishing 30-06, already did about 250 30-30 and if I can afford the slugs Ole Marvin the wonder rifle (and perhaps it's cuz a Marlin 336 shorty 30-30 stainless) will have some fodder for the hills. 44 mag and 45-70 are next on the list...

There would'nt happen to be a good gunsmith among the attendees would there? Marvin needs about 4" lopped off the barrel and mag (flush to the end of the barrel) just because I like short rifles and Marvin is somewhat, shall we say, cosmetically challenged, also an odd, oversized spot in the bore near the end of the barrel....

Be safe and hoping enough pennies stay in the trip bottle...
Patty

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
KRP, good to hear from you here buddy.
Its a drag that you're probably not able to make it.
Its a shame actually, but I guess that means we'll have to talk about you in your absence. grin

We dasn't let 'im know it, o' course, but we're really gonna miss ol' Kent. With his big trailer, his big canopy, his big grill, and a ton of food, he was our camp, our cafeteria, and our caterer. We'll get along all right, with our own pot-luck doin's, but it won't be the same. If I dared to tell 'im, that's what I'd say.

Now, besides DARBY and Jon, who're we gonna pick-on, if Kent ain't gonna be there?

Somebody who's coming mentioned that he might bring a pair of young-boar hams. Bring 'em! and I'll show this conglomeration of iggerunt outlanders what real Alabama country barbecue is like.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by achildofthesky
There would'nt happen to be a good gunsmith among the attendees would there? Marvin needs about 4" lopped off the barrel and mag (flush to the end of the barrel) just because I like short rifles and Marvin is somewhat, shall we say, cosmetically challenged, also an odd, oversized spot in the bore near the end of the barrel....
Patty

Don't know for sure if we will have a "good gunsmith" on the scene, but sure not likely to have access to a nice lathe like Greg's - when we were in SV. However, we can find a hacksaw - even a powered steel saw on stand that cuts straight strokes - and probably can also scare up things needed to finish off the new end somewhat decent. But, a really precision edged and tightly finished/undercut crown could be a stretch during the gathering.

Marvin probably is deserving of better - would not want to insult his dignity.

Last edited by CCCC; 05/23/12.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent, already told you - in spades - that your absence from this thing is bad news for me. Lot's of good folks need to meet krp. If there is a way to help make it happen, LMK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kent,

Don't know how we will get it done without you. Like Paul says, if there is anything we can do to spring you loose, don't hesitate to let us know. We are at your service.

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Somebody who's coming mentioned that he might bring a pair of young-boar hams. Bring 'em! and I'll show this conglomeration of iggerunt outlanders what real Alabama country barbecue is like.

I did, and I will smile

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If they only carried that Romo jersey in fuchsia...

Anyway, with the lack of steady concrete work in Az, at least good paying work... I have a couple of offers out of state for this summer. I have a project here till July first then I'll go to Elko, NV till winter. My wife will stay here to watch the new Granddaughter when my daughter starts teaching in Aug... So truthfully, any trips back will be to see my family.

If the project here takes till the weekend of the get together I may divert over and head to Elko from there... so a slim chance. I'm already under pressure to get to Elko now, though I have to honor my commitment here first... so will probably be hooking on the trailer and heading to NV as soon as I work my last day, take a shower, change cloths and kiss my wife goodbye.

If any pigs show up with lipstick and high heels... let'em down easy, will ya...

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brother I am glad you've got work, but I am sorry to hear it will keeping you away from your family.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kinda the same situation here - i'm finally working and do not know -when what where --- things I'll be doing in july

these get togethers are a great time with awesume folks .

keep ya posted.

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Kent - not our biz, but nice of you to tell. Hope the work goes great - and know you will hate being away from your wife/family. And, Elko is not all that cool.

Of course, this all has come up because our needing your good spirit here is the real issue. If you get here, big bonus for us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gary - same goes for you. We all need to take care of first things first, but we hope you get here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kent if this helps any....

Helpful link wink

Page 22 of 32 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 61 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,944
Posts18,480,168
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.