Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Zen-Ray Optics Sale

We have put together some wonderful opportunities in Zen-Ray Optics. Please feel free to give Doug or Neil a call @ 212-753-5128 with any questions.

OK, Here is what we've got to offer and IMO, these are some great opportunities:

Binoculars:

While our supply lasts we still have a few of the ZEN-RAY - Zen ED2 8x43 Binocular reduced to only $279.99 from $400.00

We also have an opportunity on the ZEN-RAY - Zen ED3 10x43 Binocular. This binocular is $440.00, however, if you mention this post when you call in your order, or type it in when you place a web order, we'll deduct $50.00 lowering the price to only $390.00

We are accepting Pre-Orders on the soon to be released:
ZEN-RAY - Prime HD 8x42 With Dielectric Prism Coating @ $100.00 off what will be the selling price once they arrive. So rather then the $640.00 they will be, this is your opportunity to get one ordered @ only $540.00

ZEN-RAY - Prime HD 10x42 With Dielectric Prism Coating @ $100.00 off what will be the selling price once they arrive. So rather then the $655.00 they will be, this is your opportunity to get one ordered @ only $555.00

[Linked Image] Here is a super opportunity on the ZEN-RAY - ZEN ED2 - 20-60x82mm Angled Spotter and 30x WA EP Lens.
We're offering this great scope with both a 20-60 zoom eyepiece and the 30x WA eyepiece for only $999.99.
Zen-Ray ZEN ED2� spotting scope is designed and manufactured to deliver the performance that is normally available from products 1.5x-3x more expensive. Featured with extra low dispersion glass, oversized prism system, fully broadband multi-coated optics, ZEN ED2 spotter is for the most serious birders and hunters who expect nothing but the best image resolution, extreme low light brightness, and edge-edge sharpness without distortion. The ZEN ED2 is lightweight thanks to the rugged compact magnesium alloy body.

Thanks for the opportunity to bring these deals to you. Enjoy the becoming nice weather.

Last edited by gr8fuldoug; 04/14/12. Reason: correction

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking stuff Doug!

What are your thoughts on the 7x36 ED2 or whatever it's called?

Thx
Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In general the Zen-Ray ED series (the 1st, the ED2 and now the ED3) have been excellent optics priced very fairly for their quality level.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nice deals!

Wish the 7x36 was in the mix!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd love to try the new HD Prime. I wish there was a "buy back" program for current owners of Zen Rays, but I know this is wishful thinking!

I've had the ED2 7x36 for 2 years and also had the 8x30 SLC when I got the ED2. The SLC was sharper edge-to-edge, but you have to purposely look for the distortion at the edges with the ZR. In normal use, I never notice it. Both have great FOV, and depth of field.

Over a week or so, I compared the ED2 to the SLC during dusk, dawn, bright sun, and cloudy days. I found the resolution similar. For me, the ED2 handled stray light better with bright light coming from front, side, and behind. I'd get a nasty bright red star with the SLC that would make it nearly impossible to use (think bright light reflecting off of snow or water). Some of this could be negated by shading the ocular with a hand, hat, shirt, etc. but light from the front is more difficult and the ED2 was easier on my eyes than the SLC in this regard.

I found the ED2 much better than the SLC during low light, but this is a 36mm (ZR) vs 30mm (SLC). One could argue that the ZR is also 1/2 the price too, so its somewhat apples-apples but in a price-performance way.

One test I did was to use a neighbor's roof as a test pattern at dusk. With the SLC, the roof tiles looked like a blob of blotchy grey patterns. I couldn't distinguish any tiles with the fading light. With the ED2 I could see each tile outline, and the exact shade of each tile (tiles are mixed in terms of shade/color). Huge difference that really surprised me.

I still have a Swaro LRF and compare it to my ED2 every now and then in the field. The LRF is supposed to have SLC glass, and I have yet to find any situation or condition where the SLC glass looks better than the ED2.

Overall, I liked the ED2 better than the SLC, but I would take a pair of EL binos over either one! HD Prime would fit my budget a lot better though!

Doug - Sorry to side-track your thread here. Best of luck with the sale. If I had the cash, I'd take advantage of it. Please let us know how the HD Prime compares to the ED2 and ED3.

Last edited by 4th_point; 05/06/12.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just received this e-mail from Charles at Zen-Ray:

Dear Zen-Ray Customer,

You are receiving this email because you have pre-ordered the next generation PRIME HD binoculars. Here at Zen-Ray, we all want to express our gratitude for your trust and support.

We have previously advised our customers that PRIME HD will be ready for volume shipment on Friday May 25th based on our production schedule. Unfortunately, there will be a slight delay in our delivery schedule. We do want you to know that the PRIME HD binoculars have successfully passed our most rigorous production qualification test. During the final assembly of PRIME HD binoculars, our engineers discovered that one of our suppliers provided an incorrect, but very similar part by mistake during the volume production. Although that part could have been used in the PRIME HD system with minimum impact to optical performance that's visible to naked eyes, we decided to reject that part because any other alternative is not acceptable by our quality standard. We have been working very hard with supplier to rectify the problem and minimize the impact on schedule. The latest word from factory is that this issue has been addressed. However, due to lead-time of the new parts, it will push out the product launch to July 5th. We are still working with our factory engineering and production team to look for ways to further improve the current new delivery schedule. We will keep you updated when we make more progress on it.

We fully understand how much inconvenience this may have caused you. Please, we hope that you can accept our most sincere apology. Please feel free to email us if you have any questions.

Sincerely Yours!

Zen-Ray Optics

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,783 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,481
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.