Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I know many, if not most of the folks here are living in, come from, and are far more comfortable in rural settings. I've become that way myself in the last decade, and at this point in my life can't see living in an inner city environment anymore.

I love the city, and was born and raised in the city, and I'll always be a city boy at heart in many ways, I suppose, but as they say, 'you can take the kid out of the city, but you'll never take the city out of the kid...'

Thought I'd post up a few images from places I know, and have lived, and loved. That I still work in an urban environment is enough for me now, though. Would love to see folks add any of their own shots of...anything, really, but any other current, or former city slickers here?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/city/NYCjuly0309028.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/city/NYCjuly0309004.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/city/mamatrout-o020.jpg[/img]

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
KG: Great photo essay! China Town? The North End?

Was in NYC last week for 3 days....lots to look at if you open your eyes.

You can't get THOSE deli sandwiches and pickles in many places except NY and Boston.The Deli at Penn Station has them....ask me how I know... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are some cool pics. But the city I once lived in was no where near that size. Not even close. And I couldn't take it. And have no desire to go back. Or to any city. Biggest city I've ever been in is San Francisco. And I hated every second of it. Too many people and too much concrete.

Still cool pics though.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BobinNH
KG: Great photo essay! China Town? The North End?

Was in NYC last week for 3 days....lots to look at if you open your eyes.

You can't get THOSE deli sandwiches and pickles in many places except NY and Boston.The Deli at Penn Station has them....ask me how I know... grin

Pics are from Boston, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Tokyo.

I know the deli you refer to, and you know what I'm talking about, brother. wink Mrs. KG works around 36th and 7th in the garment district. If you haven't had a tongue, brisket, corned beef or pastrami on rye at Katz's, with sides of half sours, potato pancakes with mustid' or knishes, you haven't lived. wink

BTW, try Ruben's on Harvard Ave. just up from Comm. in Brookline if you're in town. Excellent, old school NY kosher deli. If you know Allston, just across the intersection is a Ukranian/Russian deli/market called EDIT: Visylka Berezka , I think. Everything you need from former Eastern Block nations. Good prices. 12 barrels of home made pickles in store.

You're welcome. wink smile wink

Last edited by kamo_gari; 05/30/12.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
It wasn't faked after all. She had the blintzes and the liverwurst with egg and onion. wink

Houston and Ludlow, LES (Lower East Side). Been serving the best deli in the city since 1888.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Neat pics Leighton but I can't imagine living in those kinds of places. Hell I can't even do a mall for more than an hour or so.

When I go to sleep at night all I hear is frogs and crickets, and when I wake up I can go out on my front porch in my underwear and never worry about another soul seeing me. That's just the way I like it. quiet. wink

YMMV

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Would love to see folks add any of their own shots of...anything, really, but any other current, or former city slickers here ?

L, I was born in Seattle and raised in Chicago & D.C. and now live full time here in West Virginia.

Very quiet with about 10 cars passing the house weekly. My morning coffee is so enjoyable on our deck in this pristine setting. The food sucks in WV, BTW.

[Linked Image]

Home invasion WV style. One of the local heathens about 18 inches from the door knob.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
born & raised in the 3rd largest city in the US

my bride is from NYC

I spent a lot of time there.

never liked it

Houston is ok

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
284, that looks like a little slice of heaven. In all my years, I've never once made it to WV. Gotta put that on my bucket list.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bbassi
Neat pics Leighton but I can't imagine living in those kinds of places. Hell I can't even do a mall for more than an hour or so.

Same here...I can't even take Cabela's after the crowd moves in....

Great pics Leighton. I would love to experience the food in some of the places you show in your pics....but they are in a beeg city eek

I am completely happy sleeping on the ground under the stars out here...hell I have fallen asleep under a tree while hunting elk and deer. But I am not a city or crowd person.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ah haa .. I see the CITGO sign stills shines in Boston .. and the bunny man still hops!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
WV is a beautiful state. Last year, I worked on trails for a week in the Monongahela National Forest (near Black Water Falls) and this year we'll be down near White Sulfur Springs. Next year - probably Montana (either Glacier NP or the Bob Marshall Wilderness!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It gives me the shivers.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife keeps wanting me to go to NYC or Chicago with her for a weekend. I keep fighting it. Have been to Chicago more than once, tolerated it and that's about it. I'm ok with those that like it though. I live 20 miles from the closest grocery store and like it that way. Enjoy watching the deer and turkeys in my pasture behind the house or passing through my yard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The big city is fine for the art, culture, the eats - and most importantly - gainful employment. I grew up in a medium sized city and the 'burbs feel okay to me.

But I have learned, I sleep a lot better in a quiet area, so I thus avoid busy streets, freeways, and train tracks around any potential house.

I'll look at home - I probably have a few photos of the big city - maybe even Shanghai.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
All that above would be my Hell....

I'll NEVER, EVER, live in a city.. Heaven to me is the wide-open prairie west of Pierre, SD on Hwy 34....

In the meantime, I'll settle for this stuff:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/gunsmithlc/DSC_1418.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/gunsmithlc/DSC_1352.jpg[/img]

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

449 members (1minute, 12344mag, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,768
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.