Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dan360 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A man was recently arrested after shooting two sex offenders dead. The shooter is a convicted felon having served time for drug and property crimes. He told police officials that his motivation was his hatred of sex offenders. He had even left notes on the bodies saying "This had to be done". He was caught before he could kill his next target.

Is this brutal premeditated murder? Or, is it an act of public service by someone who has never been anything but a public nuisance?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dan360
A man was recently arrested after shooting two sex offenders dead. The shooter is a convicted felon having served time for drug and property crimes. He told police officials that his motivation was his hatred of sex offenders. He had even left notes on the bodies saying "This had to be done". He was caught before he could kill his next target.

Is this brutal premeditated murder? Or, is it an act of public service by someone who has never been anything but a public nuisance?
Sounds like somebody who got raped in prison. Our prisons are supposed to be for rehabilitation. They end up being warehouses and schools for further crime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
there's good in the worst of us and bad in the best of us

imo the guy did the world a favor, rehabilitation seems to be a pretty low probability for the majority of s/o's if the data I've seen is accurate

and I guess as a bonus, he ain't gonna be committing any property crimes that affect the rest of us with where he's headed back to.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Dan360 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Sounds like somebody who got raped in prison. Our prisons are supposed to be for rehabilitation. They end up being warehouses and schools for further crime.

Prison rape prevention is a big thing right now, especially up here. Dubya signed the Prison Rape Elimination Act in 2003 and the prisons and jails get federal money to follow federal standards to prevent prison rape.

I think it might be more likely he got raped as a kid. I really wish people really understood how that effects people.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is there a problem with dead child molesters?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Public service in this case. Lot of room for error in target selection I'd say. Probably wouldn't have happened if the sex offenders were STILL IN PRISON where they belong.

Google up one of the interactive maps that show the residences of sex offenders in your neighborhood. Creepy chitt that.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Both...?

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This act has the "G. R." factor written all over it. Much like the killing of one drug dealer by another, or a bank robber accidentally shooting his partner during the robbery.

G.R. = Good Riddance

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Probably wouldn't have happened if the sex offenders were STILL IN PRISON where they belong.

I have to respectfully disagree with DD on this statement...for my tax dollars they ARE where they belong now...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Now that's two sex offenders that will not be recidivists.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Did he watch Slingblade? If the two sex offenders were truly guilty, I wouldn't shed a tear.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Our prisons are supposed to be for rehabilitation.

Not necessarily true. A child molester, who I arrested for molesting a young boy, had just been released from custody. He told me that he had requested therapy while in custody but was turned down. Seems that the therapy and rehab program is a twelve month program but since he was only sentenced to 11 months, he didn't qualify.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He did a good thing .they will NEVER molest again

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've toyed off and on with the creation of a "Final Christmas Club". You know, where you go to the doc and he says enjoy this Christmas it'll be your last.

Then you go to the final Christmas Club and look over the offerings of things that need to be done but can't. Child molesters come to mind, wife beaters, rapists....the convicted released and re-offenders.

You pick your Christmas Club buddy and go visit. No more re-offenders and the Club member will be dead by the end of the year anyway.

Vigilante Justice? Probably, but sometimes doing the right thing isn't necessarily the legal thing.

It would be a good basis for a novel anyway smile

Last edited by 257wby; 06/05/12.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They make it pretty easy. Most places post a list of offenders, their addresses, photos, place of employment, etc. I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hate anyone who harms another- especially a child but offender can have some different meanings. Like two consenting 16 years olds. Hope he got it right with the two he picked. If so, he should sleep fine tonight.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by arkypete
Is there a problem with dead child molesters?

Jim

Nope.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Prison rape prevention is a big thing right now, especially up here. Dubya signed the Prison Rape Elimination Act in 2003 and the prisons and jails get federal money to follow federal standards to prevent prison rape.

I think it might be more likely he got raped as a kid. I really wish people really understood how that effects people.
You may be right. I hope he got the right ones. I think there are a lot of guys in prison for rape who didn't do the crime. Also, I didn't read any article on it and so don't know if the guys he got were supposed to be child molesters or what. In many states, public urination can get you put on the sex offender rolls, unless I'm mistaken.

To me, there's a big difference in some eighteen-year-old boy who does his sixteen-year-old girlfriend that looks twenty-five and some fifty-year-old dickweasel that molests his neighbor's ten-year-old boy or some such.

I just took my seven-year-old boy and eleven-year-old girl in to Bible School and dropped them off. Went by the store to get them some chow first since Mama had a meeting this morning and I was working in the garden instead of feeding them breakfast. Some nefarious looking old man walking around. Prolly just some oldster looking me in my truck over and wanting to strike up a conversation out of loneliness, but when you're a parent and atrocities are before your face constantly on the internet, it sure makes you wary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257wby
I've toyed off and on with the creation of a "Final Christmas Club". You know, where you go to the doc and he says enjoy this Christmas it'll be your last.

Then you go to the final Christmas Club and look over the offerings of things that need to be done but can't. Child molesters come to mind, wife beaters, rapists....the convicted released and re-offenders.

You pick your Christmas Club buddy and go visit. No more re-offenders and the Club member will be dead by the end of the year anyway.

Vigilante Justice? Probably, but sometimes doing the right thing isn't necessarily the legal thing.

It would be a good basis for a novel anyway smile

I gotta say that just reeks of some deal where the wrong people get snuffed. There is no doubt that our justice system is effed up, but there's a lot of reasoning behind "innocent until proven guilty". Vigilante justice has its place. There's a town about 150 miles north of me named Skidmore, Missouri...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (16penny, 16gage, 160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,623
Posts18,492,798
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.