Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Your an idiot, seriously!

I'm a USDA Meat Inspector and I kill animals for a living, so just because you can't understand how things are possible doesn't mean they aren't! I am talking about a humane shot, not a dead one. I can shot you in the thorax and you will die, but doing it humanely is the key. Just because it dies doesn't mean it was the best shot, that's what I'm trying to get through your thick skull.

I gave you credit where is was due, it was a good shot, but it was not perfect. Now get off your high horse and lets get this thread back on topic.....Good Hell!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Please answer this? How do you know it wasn't a perfect shot if you can't see the exit? I already told you it was quartering away.

What's a perfect shot? Sure, a high shoulder shot will anchor them right there, but that ruins part of the loin. Any experienced hunter, knows that head shots in the field can go horribly wrong. I've seen heart shot deer go a 100 yards before they pile up. What's perfect... I think it's kind of open to interpretation.

I guess I'm not surprised you're a government employee.

Back on topic would be geat...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I'm not surprised that you don't know what you�re talking about, nor do I blame you for your incompetence. Then again anyone out there taking credit for killing a domesticated beef when it's locked up really shows your intelligence.

Drop it and lets get back on topic!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
With my Savage, and some of the loads I run, the recoil is in the 458 lott category.......a 300 grn barnes original pushed by 75 grns of powder is stout.......even a 275 XPB pushed by 40 grns of powder can be a bit much. Have not worked up a reduced load for it yet, and probably will not. If my son decides he want a smokeless ML, I can build him one for cheaper that what most new centerfire rifles cost now......As for BH not being corrosive, that is simply not true. Several guys around here have high dollar encore pro hunter ML barrels that were ruined by not cleaning after shooting BH.........

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
How long did they wait to clean it after shooting it, and were they Stainless or Blued barrels?

I've been thinking about getting a 45-70 green mountian barrel and seeing if I can make it fit to my Knight KP1 as a smokeless ML, anyone heard of people gunsmithing them, Stainless?

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
These were all new production stainless steel pro hunter barrels............some in as little as a week or so.....BH has also stopped pushing that their powder is non-corrosive as well...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
SMI would probably be a good place to start.......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another shot with a .40 Barnes Expander out of a smokeless
.45. This one appeared to be dead before hitting the
ground:

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Hydrashocker

I've been thinking about getting a 45-70 green mountian barrel and seeing if I can make it fit to my Knight KP1 as a smokeless ML,

Please do. Some of us would appreciate the improvement in the
gene pool.

And you're calling lwh an idiot Mr. Collage man??

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
It was a good shot, but you say "perfect" and it wasn't, that's all. Concerting the weather and the fact of the yardage, I agree it was a good shot regardless, but not perfect.

LOL.....Ya I just pulled the brain location out of my pocket. No buddy I'm a professional and know mammal anatomy very well. I've killed plenty of cows, elk, and all other red meat animals, (100's of thousands), in fact I've taught many people in Collage courses if you are asking my credentials.

I gave you credit and even said it was a good shot, but lucky. I've seen many animals get up from those wounds because of the trajectory of the bullet.

For instance, the bullet on the deer if the lungs were deflated and it was a slight up hill shot would have most likely went straight through and caused plenty of pain to the animal and been non-terminal and inhumane. On the cow entering behind the head like that usually does not cause death, instead only knocks it out for about 30 seconds and could leave the animal awake yet somewhat paralyzed. Only a retinal reflux test would ensure insensibility which I'm sure you didn't perform. This could leave the animal sensible to the entire cut procedure until bleed out depending on the wound.

Listen, I'm not trying to tread on you, just shedding the facts.

Good gracious! I guess we will have to go to "callege, collage, colege", (whatever) to study all this stuff, and then ask the deer to "take a deep breath & fill your lungs, please" to make it a killing & humane perfect shot!

JohnP
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
LMAO!...... laugh.......Really?

First off you can't even spell it, second off, we have done and buried this issue yet some immature people can't just let dead issues be dead. We both agreed to move on and disagree agreeably to our own opinion, in which we both decided to back off.

This "Off Topic" chat was yet brought back off topic by 2 immature ignorant teenage acting people that can't even spell, even though spell check was built into most internet browsers.....Really shows your intelligence!

For gods sake, I said it was a good shot! Now go back to your rural towns and ask the school district to add certified public teachers to the pay role, because obviously they're lacking behind.

Seriously, lets stay back on topic please!

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
This coming from a guy that works in a packing house. You're truly the upper crust of societal intelligence.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't work for the packing house, I actually work for the public; meaning I'm protecting people like you! But this thread isn't about me, education, expereance, or proclaiming myself �upper class� more over then anyone else in the world (which I'm not), this thread is about smokeless recoil.

Now that we most likely chased off the OP because of these child like posts, and filled this once good thread with meaningless garbage that people have to jump through, well that just goes to show all of our ignorance.

I�m done with this!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.