Hop To
Page 99 of 2,579 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 2578 2579
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yeah well, he's obviously a great big asswhole with delusions of grandeur so what do you expect ?

Speaking of "asswholes", how you been yellerstreak?

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SLM
Yeah well, he's obviously a great big asswhole with delusions of grandeur so what do you expect ?

I've been fine. How've you been worthless little kocksucker ?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by SLM

Been good. Shot any goats on your porch lately?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by SLM

Been good. Shot any goats on your porch lately?
Haven't had any on the porch lately, how about you ?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Someone woke up blackfart.

Seeing as he was hitting the bait pretty much everyday I had plenty of shots on him. Yes I did misjudge him as he was a very leggy bear. I had a tag and it was very much in season. Would I have killed him now knowing what he went? Yes. Do I feel bad for letting him walk? Not at all. The guy that took him was very proud of that bear. He also has about 6 other bears he has killed that have been bigger. His smallest bear went 300lb. Honestly I get more out of helping my buddies take bears then I do taking them myself. I maintain 10 to 15 bait sites a year, I don't allow anyone to hunt them that is going to shoot an immature bear. Maine has a large bear population and they get hunted hard in some areas. Most guides will allow a hunter to kill pretty much anything. Its a shame but its their outfit and their clients and the state of Maine has yet to impose any ristrictions. Thats why the average bear killed in Maine is in the 150-200lb class. However there are many very big bears in the state. Another thing with guides there is that they don't waste time and energy getting a noctural bear to come in during day light. Big bears don't get big by being stupid.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Someone woke up blackfart.

Seeing as he was hitting the bait pretty much everyday I had plenty of shots on him. Yes I did misjudge him as he was a very leggy bear. I had a tag and it was very much in season. Would I have killed him now knowing what he went? Yes. Do I feel bad for letting him walk? Not at all. The guy that took him was very proud of that bear. He also has about 6 other bears he has killed that have been bigger. His smallest bear went 300lb. Honestly I get more out of helping my buddies take bears then I do taking them myself. I maintain 10 to 15 bait sites a year, I don't allow anyone to hunt them that is going to shoot an immature bear. Maine has a large bear population and they get hunted hard in some areas. Most guides will allow a hunter to kill pretty much anything. Its a shame but its their outfit and their clients and the state of Maine has yet to impose any ristrictions. Thats why the average bear killed in Maine is in the 150-200lb class. However there are many very big bears in the state. Another thing with guides there is that they don't waste time and energy getting a noctural bear to come in during day light. Big bears don't get big by being stupid.

Must be tough to kill bears over bait, I'm impressed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It can be. Depends on the effort you put into it. Spot and stalk bear hunting is a great way to hunt bears. However in the Maine Northwoods good luck with that. You pretty much have two options dogs or bait. That is not to say I guy couldn't kill a bear without either. Just your odds go way down.

Bait hunting isn't for everyone. Sorta like dogs running deer. Personally I don't care what method one chooses to use provided it is a legal method. If you don't like a certian method don't hunt that way. Simple enough.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
It can be. Depends on the effort you put into it. Spot and stalk bear hunting is a great way to hunt bears. However in the Maine Northwoods good luck with that. You pretty much have two options dogs or bait. That is not to say I guy couldn't kill a bear without either. Just your odds go way down.

Bait hunting isn't for everyone. Sorta like dogs running deer. Personally I don't care what method one chooses to use provided it is a legal method. If you don't like a certian method don't hunt that way. Simple enough.

Tell you what, I'd take my "cub" killed via spot and stalk with an over the counter tag on public land (out of state) over 100 Booners killed on private land over bait. Simple enough.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Curious, what do donut fed bears taste like?

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That bear was no Booner, it just made P&Y, if I remember right it scored 18-3/8". It was also taken on public land and with an over the counter tag.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Over bait...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Depends if they are jelly filled or not. I find Dunk n Donuts make them taste the best. I can say they taste a lot better then SE AK bears that have been feeding on fish all summer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I guess if you fed 'em enough bacon (or grease), the hams would already be smoked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Did someone say hams?

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
[Linked Image]

More please....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That chick's tookis really put a stop on things.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I guess if you fed 'em enough bacon (or grease), the hams would already be smoked.

Why am I seeing a picture of a dog at the bottom of every post?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
[Linked Image]

LOL! That one caught me off guard. Pretty funny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 99 of 2,579 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 2578 2579

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 37 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.