Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JWP58
Hey I could swing by Pinedale to meet the man, the myth, the liar..

If you do, I highly recommend ducking and weaving. Larry makes it sounds as though he and his posse of geriatric cross-dressers swing a mighty mean purse! grin

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
got a pal working in Pinedale, funny sh#t is that no one at the gun club or in the town seems to know anything about the superdouche. PM and flame on Larry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C'mon Blanket, there's a password and a list of usernames to use up on the club's bulletin board!

Larry says so, thus it must be true right?

Bwahaahaa!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by twister999
More like a pack of lemmings except dumber. Imagine wasting you time composing a stupid song from a B grade TV show tune that was aimed at idiot rednecks ?

I can remain silent no more. Belittling the Hillbillies is fightin' words!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Despite his adamant denials, apparently "twister999" was indeed "oldman1942" Larry Ellis Root.

I'm sure we'll be seeing him again ("mousemicky" & "longbored"). Root is as inconspicuous as a tarantula on a slice of angel food cake...

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
A limerick to honor the occasion of Rootboy's flameout re-entry:

There was an old psycho named Root
whose trolling he thought was quite cute.
Some called him out
and he started to pout,
and his comebacks were truly a hoot.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 07/06/12.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Superb work G!

TFF!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My DD 214 only shows that I was in the service, and for how long. It doesn't show what I did there.

Nevertheless, can't you guys see that you are never going to win this fruitless exercise in futility. As I have stated over and over and over, if you don't put gas on the fire it might eventually go out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
How true. But if past performance is any indicator, it doesn't work with this one.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
How true. But if past performance is any indicator, it doesn't work with this one.

Exactly!

When Larry's new usernames get consigned to the trash heap of infamy we're all granted at least a short reprieve from his incredible idiocy.
For that I'm thankful.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Rick,

It's so damn funny when the "Old Douche" himself gets outed by the site-owner.

Larry should consolidate all of his personas into one, something like:

"Old1942DoucheTwister.45-70GOVT"

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22WRF
My DD 214 only shows that I was in the service, and for how long. It doesn't show what I did there.

Nevertheless, can't you guys see that you are never going to win this fruitless exercise in futility. As I have stated over and over and over, if you don't put gas on the fire it might eventually go out.

Your DD214 doesn't indicate markmenship badges or ribbons? The "bunking with Marine snipers" would be next to impossible to prove (or disprove) but ribbons tell a lot, the dates he supposedly attended flight school would be on there and his four supposed "expert" badges would be on there as well. I haven't seen this illustrious DD214 so I have no idea what is on there, however apparently others here have. It IS possible to get it though, I promise.

I do hope if someone is low enough to display it on the open net that the poster would have the decency to block out Larry's SSN.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Your DD214 doesn't indicate markmenship badges or ribbons?"

I was only in there 3 years so I didn't have enough time to get any ribbons, and since I was in the Navy I didn't have to qualify for any marksmanship badges. Basically, all I did for most of the time I was in there was ride around on a big aircraft carrier.

[Linked Image]

And I would say to Larry, no matter what his DD 214 says: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY LARRY!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You served 3 years and was not awarded a single ribbon or weapon qualification badge? I don't know squat about the Navy but something seems fishy about that.

If the Navy is anything like the Marines, then if you were on a carrier for 3 continous months (IIRC) than you should have been awarded a Sea Service Deployment ribbon. Do you guys have good conduct ribbons? That should have come in at 3 years unless you were a total chit bag.

Regardless, I appreciate the fact that you (and Larry) decided to join the US military.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
You served 3 years and was not awarded a single ribbon or weapon qualification badge? I don't know squat about the Navy but something seems fishy about that.

If the Navy is anything like the Marines, then if you were on a carrier for 3 continous months (IIRC) than you should have been awarded a Sea Service Deployment ribbon. Do you guys have good conduct ribbons? That should have come in at 3 years unless you were a total chit bag.

Regardless, I appreciate the fact that you (and Larry) decided to join the US military.

ive seen a number of DD214's for friends and family and even if they were only in a short time and didnt do anything special, as you say they seemed to have given out ribbons just for being present sometimes.......granted some medals and ribbons mean alot like a silver or bronze star and all kinds of others like that but there are a hell of alot of "Hey I was there too" ribbons awarded aswell.....ive got a damn good friend that spent 4 years in the army during peace time and he has several ribbons for "participation" for lack of a better term.....

Last edited by rattler; 07/06/12.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was on the carrier for almost 2 1/2 years! I don't recall ever getting any medals or ribbons,nor was I concerned about getting any. Too busy for that. I think I shot a pistol once in boot camp. Other than that you don't shoot much on an Aircraft Carrier. But I always had good conduct!!! In fact, when I was getting ready to leave the ship for good in Naples I was sent to three different people who used a lot of pressure to get me to re-enlist. I decided to use my G.I. Bill benefits instead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No warfare pin after being on carrier for 2.5 years? When were you in because getting your warfare pin is danged near mandatory.

I know CTs who get them in the very short time they're on ship so if you were part of the ship's company, you should have gotten one.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I didn't. As I said, I wasn't all that concerned about making sure I was getting medals or pins. Do you think that after 35 years I could go back and complain?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

480 members (12344mag, 219DW, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,143
Posts18,502,764
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.