-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, as to what that change should be - well, read what Debs' phiosophies were; 'cause I'm not gunna argue 'bout 'em.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
And the right to get high or drunk or work and not lose your job or work at 25 per cent level of the private sector

Plus your union dues will pay for the amnesty of millions of illegals who have more rights than citizens under new diversity laws

Win win situation for obama's despised white middle class in the US

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Let's examine the truth in Canada:

Without your environmentally destructive gold, silver and other precious metal mines, timber industry, combined with the Bakken Oil Fields in Alberta , Canada would be in a major recession.

if oil fell below 60 dollars a barrel and gold below $1000 oz Canada and the unions would be phugged.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
A working union man who joined because they offered better wages/pension/benefits than non-union companies in my neck of the woods..

unless the unionized workers do a significantly better, more efficient and productive job....which is highly unlikely given union work rules....it ain't hard to figure out which employer would be more profitable, able to grow, hire more workers, and weather hard times better, is it?

Considering the biggest, most profitable and growing industrial maintance/construction companies here are union I would say youre wrong. And by your idea of "union rules" you know nothing about trades unions and how theyre ran.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obama' a Johnny-come-lately to this scenario.

Now, ifn the fella earlier who would like to believe that Sam Gompers was the guiding light to modern labor relations would post on the position of Gompers' in relation to immigration (he opposed it - with a fury, and vengance), and compare it to what's happening today; then consider Debs' positions on the subject - well, some lights would be forced to come on.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I dont see where that fits into my and Steve-Nos debate, but sure change the topic if you want.

If you want to talk to me about the industrial maintance/construction sector of my province than join in. If you want to keep changing the topic to make yourself feel like youve won the battle, then...well carry on, no ones gonna stop ya...

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
And if oil and metals fell, then we'd all be in trouble, union or not.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I went to work in a union plant when I was 19. I was told by relatives who worked there that the way to get hired permanently and get benefits was to work my butt off and impress the "bosses". Two union stewards took me aside in short order and told me I was making the rest of them - who preferred to sit on their butts as much as possible - "look bad", and I would have to slow down. I did not. I joined the union sort of under duress, but received a lot more support from the "company". Later, in the oil industry, I watched union members use any excuse possible to get out of the work they were being paid to do. Was not my idea of how things should be. I freely admit the early unions in this country did a lot for the working man, but that seems to be long in the past.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
texas99 had the same experience when i was FORCED to join a union

Archie in KAnada When oil waa around 40 dollars a barrel and gold $600 an oz I was much better off.

You Canadians are benefiting from an environmentally destructive and global warming product namely oil from the Bakkan Oil field

Fyi man made warming is a hoax

i listen to Canadian public radio and they ad naseum talk about global warming, evils of oil but the Canadian economy is based on the Bakken oil Field

What hypocrites

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[/quote]

Considering the biggest, most profitable and growing industrial maintance/construction companies here are union I would say youre wrong. And by your idea of "union rules" you know nothing about trades unions and how theyre ran. [/quote]

I'm not talking about their rules for internal governance, I'm talking about work rules. You know, the ones that minimize the work done by individual workers, and maximize the requirements for use of that craft. So an electrician has to stop the job so a carpenter's union guy can come over and cut something for him, or a truck can't unload until the right union guy is there to do it, etc etc. I have not seen many work rules aimed at cutting costs or increasing efficiency....neither of which is in the union's interest since it would then require fewer workers.

but I agree not all decline is self-inflicted....technology has killed off some unions. New Orleans used to have two stevedore unions...one black and one white...with thousands of members handling break bulk cargo at the port. huge hiring halls, people making very good wages for the time.....containers have virtually decimated the stevedore's unions.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by catman925
Americans just ain't squeezin out enough babies to supply the future manpower required to run an economy of our size.

we need the influx

Americans are not birthing enough workers to suck out the porto-potties at all the Nascar races you bigots harbor up at.
No. Scum like you and other lazy bastids and your deamonrats have us paying people a lot of money not to work.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka
"Hey Unions all your union dues to Obama have now just resulted in am amnesty for millions of illegal aliens. No wonder all the unions have been actively recruiting illegal aliens.

millions of more middle working class whites and blacks pushed out of the work force.
their children pushed aside for affirmative action slots and scholarships for these new minority Americans at universities. Govt mandated job preferences for these new citizens.

Your unions have really [bleep] over the country."

Congrats

Some of you guys can't see the trees for the forest. Sounds like a bunch of old women blaming the first thing you can think of for the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning. Simply pathetic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not all decline is self-inflicted....technology has killed off some unions.

Bingo!

railroad

longshoreman

printers

textiles

farm workers

teamsters

building trades

Just off the top of my head, and there are many more examples of entire industies who replaced workers for two basic reasons:

1) cost

2) machines don't question who's in charge.

When the NPR's of the world are waxing eloquant about the positives that unions have brought to America, they's be wise to also scrutinize the negatives.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
in 2007 Obama raised 745 million according the lib rag Wa Post

400 of that 745 million came from the corrupt unions.

Obama just phugged over black and white working class worker and college students by granting this amnesty that will allow anyone who can prove he or she is under the age of 32 to come to the US. And can they will be able to bring their family in the future under another Obama amnesty.

Again thanks unions for bank rolling the Marxist Dictator

Originally Posted by ChuckKY
Originally Posted by ribka
"Hey Unions all your union dues to Obama have now just resulted in am amnesty for millions of illegal aliens. No wonder all the unions have been actively recruiting illegal aliens.

millions of more middle working class whites and blacks pushed out of the work force.
their children pushed aside for affirmative action slots and scholarships for these new minority Americans at universities. Govt mandated job preferences for these new citizens.

Your unions have really [bleep] over the country."

Congrats

Some of you guys can't see the trees for the forest. Sounds like a bunch of old women blaming the first thing you can think of for the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning. Simply pathetic.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Mako25

When the NPR's of the world are waxing eloquant about the positives that unions have brought to America, they's be wise to also scrutinize the negatives.

The same can be said for A LOT of non-union companies/employers, but you dont want to hear that do you.

Carry on.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Not sure I see where youre going with this. The union said they werent involved in the project?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Robotics/automation is an obvious choice for any companies with the option wether theyre unionized or not. To keep a worker doing a robots job would be foolish wether the worker is non-union or union. Unless the cost of going automated is unfeasable, obviously.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same can be said for A LOT of non-union companies/employers, but you dont want to hear that do you.

Carry on.

Well, actually I do.

Let's hear 'em.

R
ribka Online Sleepy OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

just like in big union cities in the US you cannot come and set up concert stages, platforms without union involvement. there would be major union strikes

Canada has the same rules I believe

Not sure I see where youre going with this. The union said they werent involved in the project?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ive personally been given poor conditioned safety equipment from companies i worked with prior to becoming a union member. Ive personally been asked to perform tasks with little thought to my own health and safety.

My best friend has worked for a small propane store for 6 years. In that time he pulled his back twice lifting 100 pounders into their work truck because the boss didnt want to fix the power tailgate. The boss refused to.let him file a claim and go to the hospital with a work injury. He strong armed him.

Ive worked on a large scale painting project in a steel mill. We had to eat our lunch on the road sitting on cable spools and drinkable water was not.supplied. During the project I had to spend 1 month in a crane basket painting and in that time me and my partner had to take our lunches into the basket with us and take turns eating because the boss wanted to impress the mill with our efficiency.

I can go on about that job, including when the mill health and safety condemned the life lines and lanyards our employer made us use...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,748 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,196
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.