Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ford

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like the Nissan Frontiers best of all, but I think the Titan is one good-looking truck. I'd just hate to pay the fuel bill on that rascal................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2012 will go down in history as the year of ugly trucks. eek

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by Swift
[quote=VAhuntr]For me it would be the Ford but I bought a Tundra instead!

Me too, not an option for choices.

For that matter, neither were several other of the responses. grin

Seriously though, I think the F150 is a very good looking truck...especially the 1/2 ton models. Move into the 3/4 ton trucks and up and I think the Ram looks better....don't like the way the grill looks on the SD Fords.

I have noticed that other drivers avoid the new Ford Sueprduty series like a disease. The front end scars the crap out of people. When I merge onto the the interstate cars scury around like ants. I don't drive aggressively but I have noticed that cars treat it like a semi. Sometimes it's funny to watch. I've had people cut me off only to slow down and let me pass so they can follow me.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by BigBoreFan
Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Originally Posted by Swift
[quote=VAhuntr]For me it would be the Ford but I bought a Tundra instead!

Me too, not an option for choices.

For that matter, neither were several other of the responses. grin

Seriously though, I think the F150 is a very good looking truck...especially the 1/2 ton models. Move into the 3/4 ton trucks and up and I think the Ram looks better....don't like the way the grill looks on the SD Fords.

I have noticed that other drivers avoid the new Ford Sueprduty series like a disease. The front end scars the crap out of people. When I merge onto the the interstate cars scury around like ants. I don't drive aggressively but I have noticed that cars treat it like a semi. Sometimes it's funny to watch. I've had people cut me off only to slow down and let me pass so they can follow me.

Well, there is a lot of grill there! grin How do you like your Super Duty?

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The jury is still out for me. I've only had it about a year and it just turned over 7k miles. I'm getting 20-21mpg at 65-70 on the interstate and I'm averaging 17.9 around the house. I don't live in a large city so I spend most of my time in 45-55 zones. The engine is so quiet you have to be careful with the speed. The truck just begs to cruise at 80+mph and I never realize I'm there until I look at the guages.

I've heard of a few people having trouble with the fuel pump and having Ford deny warranty. I'm starting to wonder just how much Ford has the engine detuned with computer controls. The truck accelerates from a stop like a rocket ship but at times you can tell the computer limits the fuel to hold the EGT down. I hauled a 10k pound load the the other weekend and I was going up a small hill on a backroad at 20mph when the truck geared down and broke traction. The torgue output is unreal. It really has more power than needed.

I'm not loyal to any brand so the above is just my observations. I'm sure the new Duramax does just as well. I've also noticed the new Superduty is larger than the other heavy duty trucks. I parked next to my friends 2005 Duramax that has lift blocks and my truck was a lot higher and longer. It dwarfs my old 2007 Dodge 2500. I guess if mine is bigger than yours is important this is the truck to drive.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
BBF, is your Superduty a diesel?

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yes sir it's a diesel. It takes diesel anyway but sometimes I forget because there isn't a lot of noise. I hear the turbo spool and that's about it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dodge Ram!!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just wish they wouldn't make them so freaking high off the ground or at least make it an option. 99% of them will never be used off road and that kind of clearance isn't necessary. I hate packing around a step ladder just to reach something in the bed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another vote for the Dodge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For me, I don't get excited over 1/2 tons although the Raptor is pretty cool.

While the new Super Duty probably looks a little better than the Dodge to me, I'd go Dodge due to the Cummins.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I just wish they wouldn't make them so freaking high off the ground or at least make it an option. 99% of them will never be used off road and that kind of clearance isn't necessary. I hate packing around a step ladder just to reach something in the bed.

I actually like the high ride height, but then again I am 6'6"... it is kind of a pain getting my kid in his car seat though... he's getting so tall that his feet drag across the seat!

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
i like the Raptor. Other than that, I like my 2000 F150. grin I took this picture this weekend after I gave it it's yearly wash/wax.

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
i like the Raptor. Other than that, I like my 2000 F150. grin I took this picture this weekend after I gave it it's yearly wash/wax.

[Linked Image]

That's a good looking truck Sakoluvr!

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
[Linked Image]

Nice truck but that grille is horrible......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chevrolet

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by 7 STW
Originally Posted by northern_dave
[Linked Image]

Nice truck but that grille is horrible......

I like to think of the grill as a big billboard that stands for "[bleep] off radical democrats!"

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like your line of thinkin.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wish they'd get rid of the gay graphics on them though. I can't stand them.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,211 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,187
Posts18,523,903
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.