-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Soooooo, are the lake trout catch-n-kills like they are in Yellowstone? I believe if you dont kill them, you get in trouble....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, they are managed as a trophy fish in the gorge. A limit of 8 and only 1 can be over 24 inches.

Burbot/ling on the other hand MUST be killed if caught. Signs posted at most access points make it very clear. I pulled 2 ling through the ice this year that were 32" plus. They are a realitively new exotic and are growing like shrooms in chit with all the food in that res.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Interesting...Lake trout are pretty good on the Grille....Ling are pretty common here, but nothing that size!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lakers are quite good, at least the ones around here are. Some people say they are oily but I have not found that to be true.

Ling are equally as good. Strange considering the rotted crap they eat. Kind of like catfish.

Strange how in fish we people eat the predators/scavangers and turn our noses up at the plant eaters like carp (at least in civilized countries), but in terrestrial critters it is reversed. I'm throwing up just thinking about preferring coyote steak to elk steak.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
OK...this might be the last pic from the killing fields this spring...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

laugh I am jealous, don't mind me. laugh

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Holy Crap its dry over here. I have only seen a few babies out and that is only where the grass is relatively close to water and growing good. Everything else up here is crunchy. If we dont get rain we are screwed.

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
DT: We just made a big loop through Browning, then on to Chester, then back around to Augusta...the numbers are low, didnt see very many young ones, and it is dry....however the alfalfa is getting high enough to hide the gophs, and the wheat will be there in a couple weeks. The best part of the season is almost over and a quick count says I only shot about 1450 rounds of centerfire, and a couple hundred rimfires....thats a slow week, let alone most of a season....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
ingwe,
I hope you bring along a medium bore for those close range "Death in the Tall Grass" shots!
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
DT: We just made a big loop through Browning, then on to Chester, then back around to Augusta...the numbers are low, didnt see very many young ones, and it is dry....however the alfalfa is getting high enough to hide the gophs, and the wheat will be there in a couple weeks. The best part of the season is almost over and a quick count says I only shot about 1450 rounds of centerfire, and a couple hundred rimfires....thats a slow week, let alone most of a season....

No doubt. I hardly shot any at all. There are a bunch of baby gophs in the school yard at the school I work at in Conrad. My finger gets itchy every time I see them. I guess its creek fishin time <grin>

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by whelennut
ingwe,
I hope you bring along a medium bore for those close range "Death in the Tall Grass" shots!
whelennut

Not a bad idea if I have to follow up by tracking a wounded goph to his lair...its a rare event, but it happens...

I shot a number of them with the .204 and 32 grainers that I thought I made good hits on...but they disappeared...don't know where they went..... whistle

IC B3

S
S
Killed about 200+ squeakers last few days with 2 other guys. Shooting in southern oregon. They were everywhere! My fiocchi 40gr .223 vmax is devastating on them lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
welcome to the Campfire Scroder!

what part of down here where you shooting?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
welcome to the Campfire Scroder!

what part of down here where you shooting?

Around Klamath Falls. We wanted to do a pay shoot up in Chiloquin but got a call last week there weren't enough squeakers to kill!

Dave

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can't imagine having to pay at all...

plenty of opportunity in Bonanza, Lakeview, Klamath, and pretty much all in between...

usually just for the asking...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Love this thread...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm glad Rick listened to me.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is for all you old guys.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
.223 meets prarie dog.

Good Shooting!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Had a good squeek season here in Northeastern Calif. Numbers were not as high as last year, but still damn good. Lol I would include pictures but everytime I get extra money for a camera I buy a rifle instead. Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm glad Rick listened to me.

[Linked Image]

Travis

That yote died from fear of plaid. WTF? Glad you were out of town, so you weren't seen by humans.....

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 338Rules, 16penny, 1_deuce, 25 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,048
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.