Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Interesting that after many pages of this thread (37 by my settings), no one has noticed that Nosler introduced its 2012 rifles.

There is no longer a .223. The .22-250 is now chambered in a rifle with a 1 in 9 twist.

The .243 still has a 1 in 10 twist, the same as beloved (on here it seems) Winchester's Coyote Light in .243 and Featherweight. I stopped looking at Winchester's offerings at 2. Remington twist for the .243 is 1 in 9 1/8, likely not all that different from a 1 in 10.

Say what you will, but I think Nosler is very receptive to inputs from customers, and changes when they see the need.

And when I go in the field, I still prefer to have a Partition. Thanks to Nosler for keeping those around!

Continue on with the goat talk I suppose.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
The .22-250 is now chambered in a rifle with a 1 in 9 twist.

Well, that is interesting.

The magazine grade garden pics would also be interesting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deadkenny
"Nosler: The PERPETUAL Goat [bleep]"

Not sure whether or not Nosler is, but this tread certainly has turned out to be!

Nah, there ain't any goats left to ph***, Boxer's done got everyone's.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
Interesting that after many pages of this thread (37 by my settings), no one has noticed that Nosler introduced its 2012 rifles.

There is no longer a .223. The .22-250 is now chambered in a rifle with a 1 in 9 twist.

The .243 still has a 1 in 10 twist, the same as beloved (on here it seems) Winchester's Coyote Light in .243 and Featherweight. I stopped looking at Winchester's offerings at 2. Remington twist for the .243 is 1 in 9 1/8, likely not all that different from a 1 in 10.

Say what you will, but I think Nosler is very receptive to inputs from customers, and changes when they see the need.

And when I go in the field, I still prefer to have a Partition. Thanks to Nosler for keeping those around!

Continue on with the goat talk I suppose.

And after more looking Nosler does have a .223, in an AR platform they're calling their Varmageddon rifle. It has a 1 in 8 twist, and "extended feed ramps", probably to handle longer bullets. MSRP $2300.

Keep in mind I don't have any of these rifles. All I shoot right now is one Remington 700, chambered in 30-06.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by Seafire

seems you are trying to compete with your Alaskan Idol on who can be the bigger Dipschitt...

twist it anyway ya wanna... fact boils down.. when you wake up in the morning, you are still the same pathetic Dink you were when you went to sleep the night before...

and as for your Down Under Buddy Mike in Kiwiland.. they have stupidchits down there, just like they have over in Lewiston..

bird of a feather, flock together..

Funny, you bring up fact in your quote above, but will conveniently never address your false fact or accusations. Like this....

you said he didn't work, was drunk all day, poached and stole people's pics.
Remember that?

You have NEVER, not ONE TIME, given ONE fact, to prove ANY of your many false charges.

You even went so low as to make FALSE negative comments about his CHILDREN.
Remember that?

Are you beginning to see why I hold you in such high esteem now?
You're pathetic.

I will leave you once again with this old quote, it was appropriate then and it is now.

Wow.
Oliver, your scout leader.
L. Ron, your mentor.
Your Psycho docs.
Your fellow Nurses
and your current Pastor are so proud.

Oliver says you get the Badazz badge. I'm so glad they decided to let girls in the troop.
Congratulations?

Maybe you should find another "prayers needed" thread.
You are such a shining example of exactly everything you profess to battle against.
Good luck.

You go girl.

Direct me to ONE thing you have proven of all the idiot things you have said..... or are you really a liberal in hunters clothing and it all doesn't apply to you....

yeah that is what I thought....

you keep track of stuff like a nagging wife does...

you did this, you did that, you did that yesterday, you did this this morning.. and here's all the things I have done so wonderful since yesterday...

every hook I bait, seems to wind up in your mouth, with you pissing and moaning about it all...

You are an easier catch than your shortschitt idol up in AK...
ya must have been the class tattletale back in grade school...

if you weren't, ya sure picked it up in adult hood...

yeah even little Walliver thinks you are hilarious...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wageslave

seems you are trying to compete with your Alaskan Idol on who can be the bigger Dipschitt...

twist it anyway ya wanna... fact boils down.. when you wake up in the morning, you are still the same pathetic Dink you were when you went to sleep the night before...

and as for your Down Under Buddy Mike in Kiwiland.. they have stupidchits down there, just like they have over in Lewiston..

bird of a feather, flock together..

Funny, you bring up fact in your quote above, but will conveniently never address your false fact or accusations. Like this....

you said he didn't work, was drunk all day, poached and stole people's pics.
Remember that?

You have NEVER, not ONE TIME, given ONE fact, to prove ANY of your many false charges.

You even went so low as to make FALSE negative comments about his CHILDREN.
Remember that?

Are you beginning to see why I hold you in such high esteem now?
You're pathetic.

I will leave you once again with this old quote, it was appropriate then and it is now.

Wow.
Oliver, your scout leader.
L. Ron, your mentor.
Your Psycho docs.
Your fellow Nurses
and your current Pastor are so proud.

Oliver says you get the Badazz badge. I'm so glad they decided to let girls in the troop.
Congratulations?

Maybe you should find another "prayers needed" thread.
You are such a shining example of exactly everything you profess to battle against.
Good luck.

You go girl.

Direct me to ONE thing you have proven of all the idiot things you have said..... or are you really a liberal in hunters clothing and it all doesn't apply to you....

yeah that is what I thought....

you keep track of stuff like a nagging wife does...

you did this, you did that, you did that yesterday, you did this this morning.. and here's all the things I have done so wonderful since yesterday...

every hook I bait, seems to wind up in your mouth, with you pissing and moaning about it all...

You are an easier catch than your shortschitt idol up in AK...
ya must have been the class tattletale back in grade school...

if you weren't, ya sure picked it up in adult hood...

yeah even little Walliver thinks you are hilarious...

laugh laugh laugh

This is just too rich. I knew you wouldn't disappoint.
Thanks for the great laughs after a long work week.

With this display of delusion from you, I am thinking that Larry Root's latest fire screen name is Seafire.
Keep it going you are on a roll.
Cheers.

Last edited by wageslave; 07/27/12.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
gotta give it to you...

when we were kids, in the second grade we use to chant
"Pete and RePeat sitting on a fence, Pete fell off and who was left...."

I can see that has become a life style for you after all these years...

you personify the concept of K.I.S.S.... You keep it simple.. and you really are sort of S.... well you know.. I don't wanna say it an hurt your little feelings....

so why don't you go get your Teddy Bear Named Larry, climb into bed, suck your thumb and it will be morning before ya know it... and mama's little man can start all over, telling the big Bad guy called Seafire how much you can't stand him...cause he says nasty untrue things about you and your hero/idol "Uncle Larry".. all in his 5 ft 2 in glory...

Party on Garth...
"Wayne's World, Wayne's World.. Party Time.. Excellent!!!" really does fit you, doesn't it? whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oldman1942 aka Seafire.

I see now that you are talking penis's and d1cks. No surprise there.
Now I know for sure that Seafire is a Larry Root screen name.
Keep it up.. laugh laugh laugh

Have Dog

Will Travel

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Spun the 22-250 to 9 twist, great
Left the 243 at 10...
Left all the 6.5's at 9....
The 7's are 9, great
The 308 is still 12 for fck sakes
The rest of the 30's are 10's....

Nosler...so close, yet so [bleep] far!

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I finally got to handle a Nosler TGR in 7-08. Haven't shot it yet, but hope to correct that by this weekend.

Well put together and I saw nothing approaching a goat [bleep] with this rifle.

The only complaint I have is the short LOP. Hopefully will get to see how it shoots soon.

JM

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I handled one of the Nosler rifles, and could only think about how absolutely uncomfortable the stock felt. Within my Top 3 worst feeling rifles of all time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm betting you would like the feel of an H&R Handi rifle. grin

Different strokes for different folks...

I've got a handi rifle and that bastid will shoot! Lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh don't worry, H&R Handi rifles are right up there on my list of uncomfortable rifles too!

I found the grip angle of the Nosler to be exceedingly uncomfortable for anything resembling a human hand. The forend seemed chunky and strange. Maybe they've changed the design, as this was sometime ago.

Really though, we are all built differently, and it certainly may be comfortable for someone else!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The stock actually reminded me of the one that's used on the M70 EW.

I'm not really stock picky, as long as I can get my optics mounted right.

Some folks hate that EW stock as well, but it doesn't really bother me.

If you have shot A-Bolts much, any other stock feels like an improvement.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

If you have shot A-Bolts much, any other stock feels like an improvement.

You are 100% correct!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I always thought a vangaurd in a b&c for 2500$ was a bit steep though. Then again, folks pay that for a Cooper.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I always thought a vangaurd in a b&c for 2500$ was a bit steep though. Then again, folks pay that for a Cooper.

Actually , of the dozen I've owned, I only paid over $1,250 for one, an exquisite varmint extreme in 308 Win.

Just sayin'

and as to the Nosler rifle. I've the Custom Sporter in 325 WSM. It is what it is. I wanted one, could afford it, didn't want to wait three to four years to find one used, got the NRA discount, and found it to be suitable to my tastes.
What's not to like?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8191.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/IMG_8588.jpg[/img]

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/30/12.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
if it works it works I suppose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
You could get lost in just my t'maters.... grin...

Off to ship a $hitload of parts, bust ass, & shoot. Y'all hold down the Kubes, ok? It's important.... to someone.... sorta... that you while your life away thusly.

Translation:

Off to perform a simple task, he bought another WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS, he is still unemployed.

Travis

Reality: hiked a hike most here couldn't/wouldn't do, shot long range (very well, thanks) for several hours during it, then worked my ass off all weekend and today makin' chips and holdin' tolerances, and made a bunch of money.

You whiffed, brutha! grin

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 47 of 47 1 2 45 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 3,195 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.