Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Well stated JG.....Wonder if they finally got it??? crazy

Oh I got it, the scope I got that said CDS on the box was just a trick. [/quote]

WYcoyote,
They come with a coupon for a free custom dial. You need to call them with your load information IE: cartridge, velocity, elevation you plan on hunting, bullet (exact manufacture and type like Hornady A-max for example), B.C of bullet, temperature, and your desired zero (mine are zeroed at 240 or 250 for example so I can get out a little further)......The people at Leupold are great to deal with and the turnaround for getting your custom dial is usually about 3 weeks....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The VX-R came with no such coupon when I bought mine.
But I will get a custom as I do like the load I have now, and I really do like the scope.
I'm going to tape it down and go bighorn sheep hunting with it, season starts Sat.
Thanks for the info guys.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
But I will get a custom as I do like the load I have now, and I really do like the scope.
I'm going to tape it down and go bighorn sheep hunting with it, season starts Sat.

Good luck with your sheep hunt. I hope you get a nice one.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Good luck with your sheep hunt. I hope you get a nice one.....

+1......real jealous here!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WYcoyote, if the box for your VXR says CDS on it then you get a free custom CDS turret for it. Just call Leupy and give them the serial number. I agree that when you have the stock turret on there it can be a bitch to deal with. If you get the custome dial, it's a pretty fool proof system. Even it turns, pretty simple to check it and turn it right to the number.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Ebby
WYcoyote, if the box for your VXR says CDS on it then you get a free custom CDS turret for it. Just call Leupy and give them the serial number. I agree that when you have the stock turret on there it can be a bitch to deal with. If you get the custome dial, it's a pretty fool proof system. Even it turns, pretty simple to check it and turn it right to the number.

Ebby: Would you opt for the CDS custom dial over a M1?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just depends on what I wanted to do with the gun. If I had it on a lightweight gun that I was comfortable shooting one load with then I like the simplicity and low profile of the CDS. Very easy to use in the field. If I had a gun that I wanted to shoot different loads and bullets and wasn't worried about being "compact" then I really like the versatility that an M1 turret offers. Different strokes for different applications.

Lee

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 7 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.