Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Provided by our resident blowhard Bricktop in another thread.

Did you know that this is a "a haggard 99K with a chipped toe"?

[Linked Image]

Apparently I'm also a deadbeat. My apologies. Other lovely tidbits from the thread include the assertion that the 1968 GCA was passed with the assumption that people are inherently honest. Huh. I thought the only purpose to it was to restrict guns from people that are inherently dishonest. And NIB 99C's are crap - which 99C's may be depending on what you like, but the price they bring definitely isn't.

Anyway, the 99K quote got a rotflmao moment out of me. Now I'm going to load up some 250 rounds and go shooting.

Enjoy the weekend, folks!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rory! Lighten up dude! The rifle is what it is and you're what you are. You've never been thin skinned in the past. Consider the source.

OTOH, GCA 68 was pretty much written with the idea that people would be honest. Its naivety is apparent in that who in their right mind would believe that criminals or ex-cons would be truthful? After all, they're pretty much exempt from the GCA 68 and/or any registration scheme by the decision of the Supreme Court that they don't have to comply with such as doing so would compromise their 5th Amendment rights. In other words, they don't have to comply with either because it amounts to self incrimination. Thus we come to background checks which are also pretty much worthless as all a clean background check proves is that you haven't been found guilty yet. It has nothing to do with what you may do in the future.

Again, OTOH, if your post was tongue in cheek then I was too dense and missed that. Carry on and best to ya.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I smiled at this quote regarding sling eyes recently,"My 99G in .300 is set up identically. They're factory."

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who's factory?

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Rory! Lighten up dude! The rifle is what it is and you're what you are. You've never been thin skinned in the past. Consider the source.

OTOH, GCA 68 was pretty much written with the idea that people would be honest. Its naivety is apparent in that who in their right mind would believe that criminals or ex-cons would be truthful? After all, they're pretty much exempt from the GCA 68 and/or any registration scheme by the decision of the Supreme Court that they don't have to comply with such as doing so would compromise their 5th Amendment rights. In other words, they don't have to comply with either because it amounts to self incrimination. Thus we come to background checks which are also pretty much worthless as all a clean background check proves is that you haven't been found guilty yet. It has nothing to do with what you may do in the future.

Not thin skinned about my Leader grade, it is what it is and I love it and I don't think I'll be buying a 90% one until my wife wins the lottery or my kids are out of college and mortgage paid off. grin

It was the haggard 99K comment that got me laughing. Wish the 99K's had flame checkering..

And I disagree with you on the GCA still. I agree with the naive part, but it was created ONLY because of criminals and ONLY because it assumed that people would commit criminal acts and that gun sales needed to be tracked.

IC B2

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Grogel_Deluxe
I smiled at this quote regarding sling eyes recently,"My 99G in .300 is set up identically. They're factory."

Yeah, I had a good chuckle at that one also. I could sense this tension in the forum like everybody was looking at each other and rolling their eyes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Yeah, I had a good chuckle at that one also. I could sense this tension in the forum like everybody was looking at each other and rolling their eyes.

I bit my tongue b/c it was not worth dealing with BT about it...

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, you're right. This is an absolutely cherry 99. I like that rust-colored [bleep] on the butt plate as well as the chip.

[Linked Image]

You spent a great deal of time and effort in the gunwriter's forum trying to argue an item that was never in argument. (Little Miss Calhoun's really deep and cerebral thoughts on selling firearms.) Now that you've realized your folly, you can't go back and your ego won't let you admit you were just wrong. Your response is now to malign your antagonist in that exchange -- me -- over a misstatement with regards to your most prized 99. Not that it matters. The point of that still remains and still escapes you: you're a very paranoid and silly little person who cannot and will not ever accumulate the material things you think you're defending. This is where you're most secure, in a virtual environment with a handful of acolytes on the internet.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lovemy99
I bit my tongue b/c it was not worth dealing with BT about it...
If you two ladies can prove otherwise, then speak up. Oh, that's why there was and is a resounding silence.

C
ctw Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Time for a nap.

What you have done is not nearly as important as how you have done it!!!
The Old Fart 2008 A.D.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
laugh

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mr. Calhoun, You've just engaged in an argument with the biggest douchebag in the history of the internet. Several of us have done it in the past. If you win, you really haven't accomplished anything. Save your time and energy for something worthwhile. Bricktop certainly isn't worthwhile for anything but a bad example.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Mr. Calhoun, You've just engaged in an argument with the biggest douchebag in the history of the internet.
I'm working towards your very esteemed level. Am I there?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nope

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Mr. Calhoun, You've just engaged in an argument with the biggest douchebag in the history of the internet.

Not the worst. Lee was worse, Larry is worse. Umm.. Out of the other 14,011 members of the campfire, he might make 3rd though. And definitely not my first time around with him, he doesn't get me worked up much any more since I know his pattern and since I know he's never right about anything.

The deadbeat angle he took on me this time was new. Usually he's just awash in insults and cursing, now I think he's resorting to trying to trash my reputation? Who knows, and more importantly, who cares?

Another of my favorites is his insistence that it's the weight of a larger bullet in a 250-3000 that keeps it from stabilizing in a 1-14" twist 250-3000, and NOT the length of the bullet.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I didn't really think Lee and Larry were bad as far as douchebaggery goes...they were (are) just ignorant and mildly retarded. I never dealt with them much though, so maybe I'm missing something.

Brickshit on the other hand is the definition of douchebag. He sometimes gives good info, but he sometimes is flat ass wrong and refuses to admit it, making a complete azz out of himself in the process. I don't deal much with him either.

He is entertaining...gotta give him that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The deadbeat angle he took on me this time was new. Usually he's just awash in insults and cursing, now I think he's resorting to trying to trash my reputation? Who knows, and more importantly, who cares?
Your name was mentioned in a conversation with our mutual acquaintance and he mentioned you never have money for any of the higher end rifles, you're kind of a loudmouth, etc. Everything I've observed as well. You never had any "reputation" worth claiming.

Another of my favorites is his insistence that it's the weight of a larger bullet in a 250-3000 that keeps it from stabilizing in a 1-14" twist 250-3000, and NOT the length of the bullet.
Try some other technique to refresh your memory, [bleep]. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5985816/1
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._Can_you_still_get_250_3000_#Post5646840

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
I didn't really think Lee and Larry were bad as far as douchebaggery goes...they were (are) just ignorant and mildly retarded. I never dealt with them much though, so maybe I'm missing something.

Brickshit on the other hand is the definition of douchebag. He sometimes gives good info, but he sometimes is flat ass wrong and refuses to admit it, making a complete azz out of himself in the process. I don't deal much with him either.

He is entertaining...gotta give him that.

NO NOT EVEN entertaining

I'll stand with Rory any day of the week

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
D
Norm,
I would agree with you and stand with Rory anytime.
He is one of the good guys.

Jim

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heck, I like both of them.

Cut from different cloth to be sure but both have been helpful to me.

Larry Root........not so much!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,190
Posts18,523,965
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.