Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PDS,
<br>
<br>Yeah! We took the narrow gauge train to and from Silverton and ate at "Handlebar's Saloon". Silverton was certainly interesting, in a seedy sort of way. It kind of reminded my of reservations where I've hunted P-Dogs. The 4x4 action is pretty neat, at least I was impressed. I think that my wife spent as much time praying, as she did taking pictures.
<br>
<br>I found the name of the place that I didn't enjoy so much, "Xayou Xoc's". It was truely the worst excuse for cajun that I've ever seen!
<br>
<br>We did, however, eat good pizza at Farquahrt's and fish at Red Snapper. We also ate good mexican at (I think) Gazpacho.
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is a nice train ride. Did you go up to Uray? Twenty years ago ( before kids ) my wife and I took our jeep and tent camped up there. Her finger prints are still indented in the "Oh My God!" bar above the glove box on that jeep from those "roads" we drove in the back country. I loved it, she wanted to get out and walk.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PDS,
<br>
<br>You got that one right! We stayed in Ouray, swam in the hot springs, and rented a jeep to drive the high country routes. Just like you wife, my wife left indents in the grab bar and the smell of scared $hitless on the passenger seat. If I've told her once, I've told her 1,000 times, I've yet to have a fatal accident, so why worry?
<br>
<br>That was great fun, but I must admit that I drove in low and 2nd gear more during that week than I think that I have in the rest of my 56 years combined. 'Smelled a lot of cooked brakes too, funny how people don't catch on to the signs that tell trucks to use a low gear. I didn't see much of the country while on the "million dollar highway" between Silverton and Ouray, I was much too busy turning the steering wheel from stop to stop and kept my eyes glued to the road. 'Can't wait to do it again!
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264
<br>
<br>PS 'Saw a guy in a mini van make like a motocross bike up near the top of Engineer Pass, quite interesting, 'hope that it was a rental with "walk-away" damage insurance coverage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ouray...Thanks, I forgot how they spell you-ray. My last trip up that highway they had improved that road much since my first trip.
<br>Some where I have a picture of a local jeep in Silverton. It is the most interesting old Willie I have ever seen. If I can find it I will post it. Wish I was up in the Rockies. It is hotter than Hell and twice as dry here.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
PDS, it is hot and dry in Denver now. of course it does cool off at night so it is nice to set outside in the evening. as far as tex-mex is concerned you can forget it in colorado. I have been looking for some decent tex-mex since I moved here in 95. finally found one near the office that is real close to the real thing. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are talking about my country and making me homesick. Never put a water hose on without a regulator in Ouray unless you want to see it made into a balloon next to your trailer. The water tanks are up on the side of the mountain. 4th of July is a major event worth seeing in Ouray!! Drove over that highway back to Durango one night, 4" new snow on road, no other tracks, coming over Red Mountain Pass and down the South side I promised I would never be that stupid again. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well Bullwnkl: I just found this reply now, so don't feel bad, I somehow missed it along the way.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Need one,
<br>
<br>That trip sounds like serious pucker factor, probably took you two days to relax your muscles and relieve your oxygen debt. Was your life insurance paid up?
<br>
<br>Sincerely,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tom, where is the tex mex place you mention??? Maybe I could meet you there and buy you lunch when I come to pick up your encore (grin).

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
np Mulie it is right down wadsworth name of the place is Colorado Hacienda. just give a days warning to get the rest of the stuff that goes with it togather. tom

"if it's got tits or tires, it's going to give you grief, one way or another."
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 15 invisible), 1,580 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.